Pages: 1 ... 748 749 750 [751] 752 753 754 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4294952 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11250 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:30:24 »

From the O's forum...

Good news imho. He has everything it takes to be an important player for the club and the potential to earn us some money if a bigger club comes knocking in the future.

He frustrates the hell out of me, been too many times he would skillfully get himself into a great position, only to be let down by his final ball. Pleased he signed though as always works hard for the team

Yes his final ball is his big weakness but if it was a lot better he probably wouldn’t be playing league 2.
Decent player though glad he is staying.

He's stepped up really well and looks better in League Two than in the National League. I think Brophy and Clay are the only ones to have really hit the ground running this season.

Very surprised to hear this, good deal for him and the club though, I like his direct style of running full tilt straight at the defenders causes mayhem.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11251 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:34:57 »

Just realised we're up against Ross Embleton's Leyton Orient on Saturday, who's star player is apparently James Brophy. They're raving about him. Are the standards just lower, has he just improved that much or did a wormhole open up and a parallel universe James Brophy replace him?
Sometimes things just work/don't work for a player at a particular club. Sam Parkin and Jamie Cureton being examples of both ends of that spectrum for us. There was a pretty toxic atmosphere when Brophy played here, maybe not getting dog's abuse from the crowd every time he plays has helped him?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11252 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:37:14 »

Sometimes things just work/don't work for a player at a particular club. Sam Parkin and Jamie Cureton being examples of both ends of that spectrum for us. There was a pretty toxic atmosphere when Brophy played here, maybe not getting dog's abuse from the crowd every time he plays has helped him?
I must admit I think hes a far better player than Iandolo is or even will be in the same position. I think we got rid of the wrong player.

He will have a blinder on Saturday up against Reid, unless Fryers is back and then hes up against Hunt, who should be able to handle him fairly easily.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11253 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:46:30 »

True - and Brophy seemed to have... "something"... although it seems from that Orient forum quote that he still struggles with his end product (something which frustrated me massively about him).

Edit - He'll definitely get on the scoresheet on Saturday though won't he. Maybe we should create a spinoff "which ex players are scoring against us this week" thread.

7th - Brophy
14th - Jak McCourt
17th - Luke Norris, Theo Robinson
21st - Marc Richards, Kyle Knoyle

There's September done!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:51:22 by Tails » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #11254 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:48:41 »

I never thought Brophy was a terrible player and agree with the Iandolo comparison.  The dogs abuse he got at the time, due to our situation can't have helped.  Maybe a year in the NL helped him to get his confidence back.

I saw him on the Quest roundup on Saturday and he certainly looks like he has stocked up a bit, he looked taller and leaner on there than i remember him being.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11255 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:49:06 »

Brophy may have a dubious final ball, but I'm glad he's left sided and not right. His place v Iandolo/Fryers would cause issues
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11256 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:52:06 »

True - and Brophy seemed to have... "something"... although it seems from that Orient forum quote that he still struggles with his end product (something which frustrated me massively about him).
TBH there are not many wingers in the lower leagues who's end product matches their approach play.

Isgrove is definately an exception on that front.

Barnes, Miller, MacNamee, McGlashan, Roberts and thats just off the top of the head.

Wingers are notorious for it.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11257 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:53:31 »

True - and Brophy seemed to have... "something"...
And he was brilliant in the first series of Homeland
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11258 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 12:13:43 »

Jake Jervis signs for Salford
Gwah

Ignore
« Reply #11259 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 13:32:18 »

Chris Robertson joins Ilkeston.

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #11260 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 13:46:06 »

Chris Robertson joins Ilkeston.

Thought he was training to become a ref. Suppose he'll have time to do both.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #11261 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 19:03:38 »

Razor Ruddock on celebrity master chef. He looks ill and so so so fat
woolster

« Reply #11262 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 19:29:51 »

Razor Ruddock on celebrity master chef. He looks ill and so so so fat
51 years old, looks more like 61, and about as funny as that twunt Joey Essex Zzz
I must add I'm only seeing this after browsing  Bye
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #11263 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 19:31:41 »

The bloke is a walking heart attack, those custom shorts we got him certainly don’t fit now
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #11264 on: Friday, September 6, 2019, 20:31:25 »

The bloke is a walking heart attack, those custom shorts we got him certainly don’t fit now

do we hate him? I forget and was early teens. I remember chanting his name and will never forget celebrating the win at Reading with him playing. but he was injured a lot and refused to walk away from his excessive contract (not his fault it was offered obviously!)
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 750 [751] 752 753 754 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: