Pages: 1 ... 728 729 730 [731] 732 733 734 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4294340 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #10950 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 13:13:44 »

He could also be leaving them out so they can find new clubs, along with McGlashan. It's no secret he wants to get rid of some, which is quite standard for any manager.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10951 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 13:19:01 »

He could also be leaving them out so they can find new clubs, along with McGlashan. It's no secret he wants to get rid of some, which is quite standard for any manager.

This is exactly what I think.

I did ponder whether Anderson had taken the news about not going to Spain badly hence what Wellens said about him being left out of the squad for the Supermarine game.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #10952 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 13:40:16 »

Vigs not good enough?

Anderson not good enough?

Dave not good enough?
All 3 contributed to the lowest finishing position in my life time supporting the club. No, i don't think they are good enough
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10953 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 13:59:12 »

Dave's got/had the quality but has done fa for us

Vigs if good enough when on form. far better than many keepers we've had. but attitude....

Anderson looks brilliant until 8/10 times be gets into the final third. he's got something but has yet to deliver consistently. and playing him + woolery is difficult

that's my take
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10954 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 14:19:14 »

All 3 contributed to the lowest finishing position in my life time supporting the club. No, i don't think they are good enough
Well that applies to the majority of the squad - get rid of Doughty,  Conroy. Woolery, etc?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10955 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 14:26:30 »

Vigs not good enough?

Dave not good enough?

I didn't make my point very well as the not good enough was aimed at Anderson and on the basis that whilst the skill might be there the application and results have not been, in terms of the other two.

Vigs not good enough to warrant the baggage and ball ache?

Dave not good enough as seems incapable of being fit?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #10956 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 14:45:21 »

As someone else has said Anderson really doesn't have a position that suits us. I like his energy on the pitch, but he just doesn't bring enough end product to the team. Woolery & Anderson are too similar in that respect, but as we spent so much on Woolery, I think they will keep plugging away at him to try and get a return on investment.

Funnily enough last season there was a game when Anderson got subbed and he stood next to Wellens with his hand out for a hand shake, which Wellens ignored to start with before doing it. Since then I have always thought there is some sort of friction between the two of them, as it just seemed a really awkward moment.

I feel sorry for Dave, as I saw him play 2 seasons ago for Plymouth in L1 and he was quality. When we signed him I thought he would be an absolute beast for us in L2, but it just seems like his legs have gone.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10957 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 15:17:20 »

Anderson would be like those America kids that do the keepie uppie stuff.  Great skill levels, natural, but the footballing brain of a chicken.  Clearly having the former means people will keep trying to see if you can coach the latter into him, time is running out.  There is no point being a forward that doesn't score often enough or set anyone else up.  Isn't there also some previous dressing room discontent revolving around him?

Shame really, because on the ball he looks better than everyone, including Doughty.  He'd be great if the game was just keeping the ball away from would be tacklers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10958 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 15:48:05 »

Isn't there also some previous dressing room discontent revolving around him?

IIRC there was speculation of him giving Mrs Norris some unwanted physical attention*

* not in the Gurney sense.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10959 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 15:59:31 »

IIRC there was speculation of him giving Mrs Norris some unwanted physical attention*

The cat?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10960 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 16:08:47 »

I heard there was an altercation between Norris and Anderson over each others WAGs but I thought it was more on a bitchy level than unwanted attention. Chinese whispers and all that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10961 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 16:11:55 »

I heard there was an altercation between Norris and Anderson over each others WAGs but I thought it was more on a bitchy level than unwanted attention. Chinese whispers and all that.

As Norris left 12 months back would seem strange that this is being an issue now?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10962 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 16:15:32 »

As Norris left 12 months back would seem strange that this is being an issue now?
That is very true and probably has no relevance at all to the current situation.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10963 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 16:28:47 »

Quote from: horlock07

hence why Rob said *previous*

Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10964 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 16:30:10 »

What can he mean

Lancashire explained: “It was a difficult two years (at Swindon). I went down there with the aim of getting promoted after the club had been relegated from League One, but it ended up being a long two years.

“My wife and kids still lived up around this area so I was down there on my own, and it was a place where it was difficult to build any sort of momentum with the sort of things that went on down there.
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 730 [731] 732 733 734 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: