Pages: 1 ... 727 728 729 [730] 731 732 733 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4345417 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10935 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 08:31:00 »

Where is all this about Anderson leaving coming from? I saw some comments on an adver story but no story in its own right.

Sure it was somewhere that he had been left out of/or didn't travel to one of the friendlies due to an issue.

As noted elsewhere having both him and Woolery filling the skilful but limited end product role is probably a bit more than we need. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10936 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 08:31:20 »

Where is all this about Anderson leaving coming from? I saw some comments on an adver story but no story in its own right.

I think its conjuncture based on him apparently not travelling to Spain and the disciplinary issue.
2+2=5, or 4. Who know
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10937 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 08:41:25 »

Seems to be a continuing theme with the club ostracising various players for spurious reasons.

Gets on my tits, tbh.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #10938 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 08:45:58 »

I haven't spotted Anderson in any of the training videos or photos yet, so I can see why people might be thinking he isn't there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10939 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 08:48:08 »

Seems to be a continuing theme with the club ostracising various players for spurious reasons.

Gets on my tits, tbh.

The having players in the squad, who for various reasons you don't use, could be a developing issue. Not so much of a problem if you've a PdC size budgie, but not ideal if a Power sized budgie.   Still time to clarify matters, but certainly something to keep an eye on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10940 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 08:57:26 »

I haven't spotted Anderson in any of the training videos or photos yet, so I can see why people might be thinking he isn't there.

He might just be on the naughty step this week I suppose. But if he's genuinely not there first thought is it'll surely affect his pre-season - though you'd think the youths are training too.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10941 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 08:58:35 »

There will be a fair few takers for Anderson if indeed he is surplus, there is a player in there, somewhere.

Will take a special manager to get it out of him though, you have to give him a free role and rely on him not passing to anyone at the end or in him shooting, otherwise hes a decent player! he has pace, he can dribble, he can win fouls, he just can't pass or shoot with any consistancy.

If we do get rid of Toums, JMcG and Keshi that will free a massive chunk of wages for Wellens to bring in his own personel.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10942 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 08:59:37 »

My two-penneth worth is that I don't think Anderson potentially fits into the way Wellens wants to play and so wants to give some of the trialists a chance in Spain.

It could be that Anderson was told he wasn't going to Spain and threw a hissy fit, thus sitting out the Supermarine friendly. He is in the last year of his contract and so Wellens may want to cash in on him in order to finance 1 or 2 replacements.

It seems its the end of the road for McGlashan, Toums and Anderson. Of the 3, from what I could see Anderson was the best prospect. McGlashan and Toums have been a bit of a waste of time and happy enough to get them moved on.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #10943 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 09:02:47 »

I think Anderson could be a good player, albeit in a position that does not exist.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10944 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 09:07:03 »

I think Anderson could be a good player, albeit in a position that does not exist.
He isn't disciplined enough to play that position yet!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #10945 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 09:25:02 »

He's been left at home with Diagouraga and McGlashan by all accounts

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #10946 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 12:40:36 »

The having players in the squad, who for various reasons you don't use, could be a developing issue. Not so much of a problem if you've a PdC size budgie, but not ideal if a Power sized budgie.

You'd think he'd tweet about it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10947 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 12:56:06 »

Gets on my tits, tbh.

I am not sure that not being good enough can be classed as a spurious reason?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10948 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 13:03:13 »

Vigs not good enough?

Anderson not good enough?

Dave not good enough?
Flashheart

« Reply #10949 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 13:06:56 »

Vigs is Vigs

There are question marks over Anderson's ability/suitability

Dave seems to be permanently unfit.