Pages: 1 ... 701 702 703 [704] 705 706 707 ... 1220   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4318077 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #10545 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 13:17:30 »

Reice Charles-Cook linked to STFC, thankfully it's Shrewsbury.

Sent from my Mi A1
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10546 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 13:58:52 »

Ajose to Mansfield
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10547 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 14:01:20 »

Ajose to Mansfield
Good signing IMO would have liked him back but doubt we could match Mansfield wages TBF.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #10548 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 14:14:10 »

No hard feelings, but I hope he has a torrid time there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10549 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 14:20:49 »

Quote from: Flashheart
yup
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10550 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 14:26:55 »

Agreed.

Becomes Mansfields 6th loan signing.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 14, 2019, 14:29:17 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10551 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 14:52:20 »

The sort of sound acquisition you'd expect from Flitcroft... they've stalled and he may provide the goals to get some momemtum back, bit like Richards did for us last season.

Don't think he'd have been an option for us, whether we could afford it or not, as Wellens style requires more of a target man, and depite what the Adver hack thinks, that isn't NA.

Don't get those wishing him ill fortune with the Stags, he was nothing less than a model pro with us, so good luck to the lad.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #10552 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 14:58:36 »

Agreed.

Becomes Mansfields 6th loan signing.

I liked him and, if it weren't for Flitcroft, would wish him well. But he's had such a "bitty" career that you do have to wonder about him. According to Wiki he's had 10 clubs, mainly in the lower leagues, and Swindon and Bury are the only ones at which he's scored more than 8 goals.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10553 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 15:25:28 »

They are also signing Jorge Grant on loan.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #10554 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 15:34:36 »

The sort of sound acquisition you'd expect from Flitcroft... they've stalled and he may provide the goals to get some momemtum back, bit like Richards did for us last season.

Don't think he'd have been an option for us, whether we could afford it or not, as Wellens style requires more of a target man, and depite what the Adver hack thinks, that isn't NA.

Don't get those wishing him ill fortune with the Stags, he was nothing less than a model pro with us, so good luck to the lad.

Not the man for us.

Target man required for us.

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10555 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 15:50:59 »

Not the man for us.

Target man required for us.

The problem is they're rare.... and a proper good one will go for a fortune, (not Marc Antoine, who was nearly of this parish, but we couldn't afford him, and he's only just now showing signs of life in Chesterfield's battle against Confernce N)

Another problem, is by their very nature they're likely not to be the most mobile or skilful, so will attract a certain amount of ire from fans, and that's just in the top flight.

Michael Smith was such a type, and he's still not had a more successful spell goals wise than his time with us, despite getting slagged off.  Someone of his calibre would do us very nicely, but we paid about £200K for him, so won't happen.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10556 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 16:03:08 »

Adebayo Akinfenwa is the best target man I have seen us play against in a long long time.

James Hanson also has the attributes but he has only recently signed for Wimbledon.

We need somebody in the mold old Wayne Allison but they are few and far between.

The only one that is available who comes close is Nile Ranger and hes too much of a liabilty off the pitch and we have all been over that ground hundreds of times, not worth the risk.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10557 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 16:10:59 »

You heard it here first . . .

. . . Jon Obika

Next season
« Last Edit: Monday, January 14, 2019, 16:12:45 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #10558 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 16:18:10 »

Adebayo Akinfenwa is the best target man I have seen us play against in a long long time.

James Hanson also has the attributes but he has only recently signed for Wimbledon.

We need somebody in the mold old Wayne Allison but they are few and far between.

The only one that is available who comes close is Nile Ranger and hes too much of a liabilty off the pitch and we have all been over that ground hundreds of times, not worth the risk.

I like Jabo Ibehre. Well in his 30's when having his two best scoring seasons. Still at Carlisle.
Maybe big lump centre forwards are like goalkeepers and peak later in their careers than other outfield players.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10559 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 16:28:24 »

I like Jabo Ibehre. Well in his 30's when having his two best scoring seasons. Still at Carlisle.
Maybe big lump centre forwards are like goalkeepers and peak later in their careers than other outfield players.
Steve Morison at Millwall could still do a job as TM and hes 35 now and not been a regular for the 'wall this season, mostly sub appearances, probably well out of our wage structure though.

Pages: 1 ... 701 702 703 [704] 705 706 707 ... 1220   Go Up
Print
Jump to: