Pages: 1 ... 675 676 677 [678] 679 680 681 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293431 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10155 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 11:30:16 »

HR-K

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45342667

Bit of a surprise. I do hope he is ok, in mind. Great player.
Cracking player on his day, looked good when on loan to us as a youngster, could break with speed and control.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10156 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 11:37:59 »

Cracking player on his day, looked good when on loan to us as a youngster, could break with speed and control.

Yeah you could see he was a great dribbler and of course loved a long range effort. I hope he gets back in the Premier League for a couple more seasons. He's good enough.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #10157 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 12:05:02 »

I hate it when players "retire from international football".I think it's disrespectful

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #10158 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 13:01:47 »

I hate it when players "retire from international football".I think it's disrespectful

You can hate it, and that's fine but who knows what issues may lie outside of football. There is always a bigger picture.

Of course as spectators, fans, lovers, etc of the sport (and many other sports) we can become very selfish in our wishes of those participating. It could simply he feels that at 29/30 he has done his bit for Wales at that level. Career aspirations (other than the few pro footballers who win trophies on an annual basis, something we've been sensitised to thanks to ever encroaching media exposure) for an elite athlete, HR-K has has a successful career so far;

Played at the highest domestic Club and International level. He's done alright.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #10159 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 13:28:07 »

Hal Robson Kanu is nowhere near good enough to be a premier league starter, which is why he has had a long and distinguished career largely spent not being a premier league starter

You don’t half talk some nonsense sometimes

Anyway, he needs to retire so he can focus more on becoming a crypto currency mogul

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10160 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 13:43:38 »

I thought he was crap.
Greedy player when he played for us too
adje

Ignore
« Reply #10161 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 14:01:11 »

You can hate it, and that's fine but who knows what issues may lie outside of football. There is always a bigger picture.

Of course as spectators, fans, lovers, etc of the sport (and many other sports) we can become very selfish in our wishes of those participating. It could simply he feels that at 29/30 he has done his bit for Wales at that level. Career aspirations (other than the few pro footballers who win trophies on an annual basis, something we've been sensitised to thanks to ever encroaching media exposure) for an elite athlete, HR-K has has a successful career so far;

Played at the highest domestic Club and International level. He's done alright.

Fair enough.He's done all right but there are players that would give anything to play for their country...It's disrespectful is all I'm saying not arguing that's it's down to individual choice.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #10162 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 16:34:21 »

[/quote
Agree ! How does he (and Cahill plus Vardy) know they’ll be picked again anyway ? All three debatable if they are top of the pecking/picking order.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10163 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 17:00:45 »

[/quote
Agree ! How does he (and Cahill plus Vardy) know they’ll be picked again anyway ? All three debatable if they are top of the pecking/picking order.

I suspect a number of things have happened behind the sciences from what may have appeared as a piece of journalism, which I have not read THF.

So my take on this is I am glad they have declared their desire to retire graciously from Int Football. I as alluded to it above I suspect that conversations between club managers the players concerned and GS have or should have been conducted professionally and properly.

Let’s face it, when your all sat glued to the box pouring over every minute detail of the England team, squad selection, performanances, positions etc the last thing any of the players want for themselves and the team is a pisspoor performance and everyone, again nit picking and criticising and saying they are to fucking old.

How many sportsmen and women carried on well past their prime and failed to deliver? Loads is the answer. You only have to see the team GS put out for each WC game to see who was 1st in the pecking order. Right decision, right time as the Euros start soon. Young blood, make way for new faces to show what they can do.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10164 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 17:15:58 »

Of course you're right in not knowing what the trigger was for retirement.

But at 29/30 if you can't still perform to your highest level then there's something wrong.

I always interpret it as 'I'm not good enough to get in now, but don't want the embarrassment of not being picked'. Which as said it's probably wrong in some cases, but not in others.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10165 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 19:10:37 »

Of course you're right in not knowing what the trigger was for retirement.

I'd imagine he might have a fit missus, and doesn't want Giggs getting near....
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #10166 on: Thursday, August 30, 2018, 01:49:00 »

Fair enough.He's done all right but there are players that would give anything to play for their country...It's disrespectful is all I'm saying not arguing that's it's down to individual choice.

Tbf, he isn't even playing for his country. He's playing for his Grandmother's country. Bet his Dad was well pissed off when he chose Wales over Nigeria. That's probably more disrespectful. Alas, we don't know the full story.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #10167 on: Thursday, August 30, 2018, 01:50:59 »

Hal Robson Kanu is nowhere near good enough to be a premier league starter, which is why he has had a long and distinguished career largely spent not being a premier league starter

You don’t half talk some nonsense sometimes

Anyway, he needs to retire so he can focus more on becoming a crypto currency mogul

I didn't realise you were a fucking football scout. Better get back to scouting. Dick.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #10168 on: Thursday, August 30, 2018, 06:34:29 »

I didn't realise you were a fucking football scout. Better get back to scouting. Dick.
He’s spot on, mind. A decent Championship footballer but nothing more.

Maybe you have confused him with Nwankwo?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #10169 on: Thursday, August 30, 2018, 06:38:37 »

It didn’t take much scouting Hmmm... a quick visit to his wiki page shows about 25% of his career appearances have been in the top flight - I’d guess that percentage falls further if it was broken down to minutes played

That aligned to, you know, watching with my eyes

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 677 [678] 679 680 681 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: