Pages: 1 ... 628 629 630 [631] 632 633 634 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293672 times)
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #9450 on: Sunday, April 22, 2018, 19:31:44 »

http://www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk/match-info/tables

He joined them in February 2017.

They are currently second in the Southern Premier League on 97 points, Hereford are top with 107.

As an aside, i bet the team in 5th on 93 points wouldn't have believed that wouldn't get them in the top 4 at the start of the season with 2 games to go.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9451 on: Sunday, April 22, 2018, 19:38:01 »

He got sacked from Villa for bullying didn’t he?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #9452 on: Sunday, April 22, 2018, 22:32:41 »

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/aston-villa-sack-former-norwich-city-duo-ian-culverhouse-and-gary-karsa-1-3615578

He was suspended in April 2014 due to disciplinary issues; and then sacked the following month
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9453 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 12:53:12 »

Off to watch St Johnstone vs Partick Thistle on Saturday as a respite from watching Swindon as my best mate lives in Perth and is a Saints fan.

Miles Storey is now plying his trade with PTFC and they are managed by Alan Archibald who touted himself for the Town job last Summer, so lets see how his team perform, they are in danger of relegation it appears.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9454 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 14:58:57 »

Off to watch St Johnstone vs Partick Thistle on Saturday as a respite from watching Swindon as my best mate lives in Perth and is a Saints fan.

Miles Storey is now plying his trade with PTFC and they are managed by Alan Archibald who touted himself for the Town job last Summer, so lets see how his team perform, they are in danger of relegation it appears.

I once saw St Johnstone play East Fife, when I happened to be passing through Perth, too good to miss.  Think then SJ played at Muirton Park..... I liked it's terracing made from railway sleepers, the like of which I'd only ever seen at Gresty Road.

Apparently Muirton is now under an ASDA... I guess the sort of fate whcih may befall the CG, however SJ lucked out when Mr McDiarmid, gave them a chunk of land to build a new ground on, just in time for Taylor Report grants.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9455 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 17:55:07 »

I once saw St Johnstone play East Fife, when I happened to be passing through Perth, too good to miss.  Think then SJ played at Muirton Park..... I liked it's terracing made from railway sleepers, the like of which I'd only ever seen at Gresty Road.

Apparently Muirton is now under an ASDA... I guess the sort of fate whcih may befall the CG, however SJ lucked out when Mr McDiarmid, gave them a chunk of land to build a new ground on, just in time for Taylor Report grants.
I have been to the Asda there many times but was unaware that it used to be the ground, my mate has only lived up here since 2008 so I never visited before then.

Will be my first Scots Premier game since the early 00s when I saw Rangers vs Kilmarnock which was dull as dishwater!

I don't hold out a lot of hope for a good game between a low mid table team and a struggling one, but it makes a change from Swindon, doubt it can be much worse than the last few Town games I have witnessed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9456 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 18:32:43 »

I have been to the Asda there many times but was unaware that it used to be the ground, my mate has only lived up here since 2008 so I never visited before then.

Will be my first Scots Premier game since the early 00s when I saw Rangers vs Kilmarnock which was dull as dishwater!

I don't hold out a lot of hope for a good game between a low mid table team and a struggling one, but it makes a change from Swindon, doubt it can be much worse than the last few Town games I have witnessed.

In my experience the fun of watching a game as a neutral or tourist, is the novelty value of the whole package.

So a trip to McDiarmid Park should provide that come what may. 
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9457 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 12:58:02 »

Wes is on his way out of Rangers in the summer.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-to-sell-goalkeeper-wes-foderingham-this-summer-reports-1-4730605
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #9458 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 13:14:15 »

I miss Wes  Sad

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #9459 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 13:25:39 »

To pre-empt the inevitable questions about sell on clauses: Wes joined them on a free. His contract with us had expired. So no.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9460 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 13:53:00 »

I would imagine he'd be trying to look to get a 1st team position in a Prem Club. He's definitely bided his time and worked his way up during his career. Top end championship would be certain but he could hold his own at a middling Prem Club. He may want to move back london way? Watford/Palace/West Ham or Fulham/Millwall could all be reasonable options. I miss him too, and I wish him well.

PS: Glad you mentioned the 'sell-on' FH as I was awaiting that very question to be posed. Hindsight says it may have been better business to sell him (with added sell-on clause) but at least he left us on good terms.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #9461 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 14:07:36 »

I’d be extremely surprised to see him as a starter at a prem club, I think he will end at a Championship club hoping to challenge for promotion next season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9462 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 14:14:59 »

To pre-empt the inevitable questions about sell on clauses: Wes joined them on a free. His contract with us had expired. So no.

Expect to see the question.... what did Power do with the Wes sell on in 2019/2020?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #9463 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 18:31:20 »

My Rangers supporting mate says he has been average this season by SPL standards.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9464 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 21:25:18 »

My Rangers supporting mate says he has been average this season by SPL standards.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement

No, however that is just one opinion. Trouble with Rangers fans, their expectations are linked to their past success (understandably) and they are still in transition to winning the SPL again. It will happen and they will probably dominate again but the fans think they should have it now.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 630 [631] 632 633 634 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: