Pages: 1 ... 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4292455 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #9255 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 15:15:56 »

Nile Ranger out of work again.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42568074
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9256 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 15:29:19 »

Been playing quite regularly as well...
only at weekends though
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9257 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 15:43:50 »

Yeah family double sending off, I did notice that.

If we could give FGR a bit of a thrashing on Saturday (yes I know...we won't) then the fans will demand Cooper leaves, they really don't like him or his policies and tactics.

Any sort of win would be welcome, we've yet to beat any of the current bottom half except Stevenage at the CG this season.  In fact we've got a number of games against these, between now and season's end at the CG, and it will be whether we can reverse the trend, and win some of these which will probably decide if we are contenders.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 16:22:43 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9258 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 17:31:02 »

Quote from: horlock07
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42535865

Didn't notice this, Cooper got sent to the stands for whining when his son got sent off for FGR...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42535865

you saw the stuff flying around when they played up in Lincoln between a nobend Lincoln fan and a staff member (allegedly cooper). sorry if it's posted above, phones being a dick

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/police-investigating-after-forest-green-1011588.amp
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9259 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 17:37:43 »

you saw the stuff flying around when they played up in Lincoln between a nobend Lincoln fan and a staff member (allegedly cooper). sorry if it's posted above, phones being a dick

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/police-investigating-after-forest-green-1011588.amp
Apparently its not Cooper its another member of the coaching staff according to the FGR forum.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9260 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 17:51:04 »

Oh OK. Mail named Cooper so I should have known...

Actually, they stopped short of accusing him of assult
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5225259/Forest-Greens-Cooper-involved-confrontation-fan.html
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9261 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 19:03:57 »

Oh OK. Mail named Cooper so I should have known...

Actually, they stopped short of accusing him of assult
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5225259/Forest-Greens-Cooper-involved-confrontation-fan.html
Apparantly Cooper swore at the son of the person who alleges assault but the actual "alleged" assault was done by somebody else.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9262 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 21:25:06 »

Scott Lindsay wasnt it?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9263 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 09:31:03 »

Scott Lindsay wasnt it?
Theres no name mentioned on the FGR forum, so it could be.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9264 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 12:50:00 »

Waaaah! Where’s me mammy? Jordan Stewart interview.

Q. Why do you think it didn't work out at Swindon?

A. I'm glad to do an interview like this because it will give an insight into what really happened. It's easy for people to sit at home, read the newspaper and hammer me on Twitter, but they don't understand what happened. Clubs in higher leagues wanted me but I felt I would get an opportunity to get into the first team at Swindon. I wasn't far off that but I just had nowhere to live for the first two or three months, moving to different hotels and carrying two suitcases after training. The club put me in an ex-player's flat and it was disgusting. It hadn't been cleaned and I decided to go to the airport and go home. The club could have done a lot more to help me. I wasn't a kid, I was 20-years old, but I had never been away on my own, I didn't know anyone and when you aren't settled you lose interest. The club publicly said they tried to help me but they did very little for me. I quit my job and didn't get a penny from them in a signing-on fee. For the first few weeks I needed to borrow money from my mum.

Q. You are critical of the club, but what about yourself, could your attitude have been better?

A. There were people at the club who helped me, there are good people there, but my living conditions were not sorted. They put me in accommodation with the cameraman, and after I made my debut against Millwall I came home and he had 10 people in the apartment having a party. I felt it was a shambles and they weren't worried about me. I went home and was close to packing it in. Then I thought about proving people wrong, changed my attitude and vowed to win every fitness test at the club and I did. That changed people's opinions of me and I got more responsibility. I came on against QPR in the EFL Cup and scored and thought I would kick on. The relief and satisfaction was immense because I had worked incredibly hard. My family were there to see it which was nice. That's my best moment in football until now, but not long after that I suffered a knee injury and it was over - that was my lowest moment. My knee went after taking a shot in training. I was meant to go away with the Northern Ireland U21 squad but I could hardly walk. When I found out how serious it was I cried, and my two flatmates cried because they knew the effort I had put in. It was heartbreaking.

Q. I've heard people say you didn't have the mental toughness to make it. Does that criticism hurt you?

A. I'll never get hurt by someone's opinion of me. If I play for Linfield against Glentoran I know people will squeal at me. I can understand people have their opinions but it's easy to make judgments when you don't know the full circumstances. If you can't see the whole picture those comments can be harsh. I can honestly say that the second year I was over I gave it everything. The injury killed me and it wasn't to be. People can say I'm not the same player now I'm back in the Irish League but if the opportunity to play across the water came again, I know I would be in a better position to make the most of it.

Q. So you haven't closed that door to a possible professional career?

A. No chance. I know my experience was not great but I would even go back to Swindon and try again. I had a dream to be a professional footballer and it hasn't left me. I made friends for life at Swindon.

Q. It's hard to believe you would consider returning to Swindon after feeling they could have looked after you better.

A. I had some good experiences there, and if you want something so badly, you'll take it. The stadium and fans were fantastic. When I was there something wasn't right at the club, there were management changes and I just didn't settle. I didn't miss Belfast, I just felt no-one helped me to settle. I didn't know how to cook or wash clothes, so in a way the experience turned me into a man.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9265 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 13:35:09 »

We both lost out there. Bit of a shame really.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #9266 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 13:41:40 »

This is a recurring theme across football, and many clubs have begun to understand better the need to be care-full of their players, especially the younger ones.  It is a very strange world into which they are plunged and can be extremely damaging to their development if the club do not take some responsibility for caring for them, as well as using them as the money-making element of the business of the club.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #9267 on: Saturday, January 6, 2018, 15:02:55 »

From recollection, when I got my first job, I sorted out somewhere to live and cleaned the place. Little princess.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9268 on: Saturday, January 6, 2018, 18:39:45 »

I was at Craven Cottage today and Jack Stephens looked very confortable today for Southampton. (Helped that Fulham were useless).

Was impressed with the Southampton fans who sang pretty much non stop.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9269 on: Sunday, January 7, 2018, 11:42:59 »

Was impressed with the Southampton fans who sang pretty much non stop.
All they ever used to sing was that fucking annoying "when the saints go marching in"

Pages: 1 ... 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: