Pages: 1 ... 610 611 612 [613] 614 615 616 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4294142 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #9180 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 14:48:03 »

I see JSW got sent off last night

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9181 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 15:23:44 »

I see JSW got sent off last night

And embleton got sent to the stands

Probably tried to fight the officials after
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #9182 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 15:23:07 »

Simon Cox scores against the piss stains. Clap
adje

Ignore
« Reply #9183 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 15:28:50 »

...and Wes Thomas equalises

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9184 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 16:05:38 »

Calvin Andrew scores for Rochdale.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9185 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:27:29 »

Ben tower scored for Newport today

Things get better but they never get good
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #9186 on: Sunday, November 26, 2017, 23:05:08 »

Charlie Austin scored 2 goals for Southampton today.

Never knowingly overstated.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9187 on: Monday, November 27, 2017, 09:10:47 »

Charlie Austin scored 2 goals for Southampton today.
Hes a natural goal scorer. If he can stay fit, he's got a good chance of getting in the England squad in the summer.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9188 on: Monday, November 27, 2017, 10:19:43 »

Hes a natural goal scorer. If he can stay fit, he's got a good chance of getting in the England squad in the summer.

A lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but you'd have to think it's a long shot.  Remember maybe 2 years ago now Charlie and Vardy were called up to the squad.  Surprisingly Vardy got on Charlie didn't.... however tbf to Vardy he then went and scored decent numbers and won the league, so settled the argument.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9189 on: Monday, November 27, 2017, 11:05:34 »

A lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but you'd have to think it's a long shot.  Remember maybe 2 years ago now Charlie and Vardy were called up to the squad.  Surprisingly Vardy got on Charlie didn't.... however tbf to Vardy he then went and scored decent numbers and won the league, so settled the argument.
Austin has been plagued with injuries for the last year or so, in fact he's been plagued with injuries most of his career but there is no denying when he plays he has a fantastic goal scoring record.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9190 on: Monday, November 27, 2017, 11:25:20 »

Austin has been plagued with injuries for the last year or so, in fact he's been plagued with injuries most of his career but there is no denying when he plays he has a fantastic goal scoring record.

I always like watching natural goalscorers, the 2 headers yesterday were things of beauty, it looks simple but isn't.  Having said that Everton were shockingly poor.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9191 on: Monday, November 27, 2017, 11:39:35 »

I always like watching natural goalscorers, the 2 headers yesterday were things of beauty, it looks simple but isn't.  Having said that Everton were shockingly poor.
Charlie is by far the best natural finisher I have seen for the Town and one of the best I have seen.

Its about knowing where you are in relation to the goal and the keeper at all times and just directing the ball towards the goal, with head or a pass, no need to break the net just pass it into the spaces, often very close to the keeper.

Not many English/British players ever have that skill as the modern game is more about power and pace.

Austin isn't even the archetypical English centre forward he is a breed apart and that can work againt him playing for the national side as sometimes it shows up as laziness, being unwilling to track his man back and overall not contributing to team play as much.

But given the ball in the box he will always score goals at any level and that includes national level with service.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9192 on: Monday, November 27, 2017, 12:06:07 »

Charlie is by far the best natural finisher I have seen for the Town and one of the best I have seen.

Its about knowing where you are in relation to the goal and the keeper at all times and just directing the ball towards the goal, with head or a pass, no need to break the net just pass it into the spaces, often very close to the keeper.

Not many English/British players ever have that skill as the modern game is more about power and pace.

Austin isn't even the archetypical English centre forward he is a breed apart and that can work againt him playing for the national side as sometimes it shows up as laziness, being unwilling to track his man back and overall not contributing to team play as much.

But given the ball in the box he will always score goals at any level and that includes national level with service.

Could well be right. Over my years we've had something like 16 or so 20 goals a season strikers.  Some at times for Town like Simon Cox looked better than CA, but never quite did it elsewhere, others like Chalky White had good numbers at below top flight, and actually got more clinical as he got older, but needed plenty of chances to score.

Duncan Shearer and Jimmy Quinn both had a wider range of goals than Charlie, having shots like the proverbial mule.

Nicky Ajose would be a classic example, a clinical finisher at Town seems unable to fit in elsewhere.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9193 on: Monday, November 27, 2017, 12:53:09 »

There was a point in his first season with us where his record was a goal every other shot. I think it was right until the end of the season actually.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #9194 on: Monday, November 27, 2017, 14:10:37 »

There was a point in his first season with us where his record was a goal every other shot. I think it was right until the end of the season actually.
I'm going from memory here & anybody who feels free to look it up please do so, but I'm sure his first four shots for us all resulted in goals (Carlisle away, Huddersfield home & Orient home).

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 612 [613] 614 615 616 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: