Pages: 1 ... 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293442 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #7950 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 11:24:01 »

Even if he hits a rich vein of form at Southend this season I can't see any Championship side willing to take the risk on him as Southend have done.

Hes a good player on the pitch at this level, thats never in doubt, but hes a trainwreck waiting to happen off it, too much of a risk for teams in a higher league IMO.

He would need 3 years being out of trouble and away from controversy for any club higher than this league to take that gamble on him, and in 3 years he will 28, it could have been so different for him.
Or alternatively a team desperately avoiding relegation who thinks he could help them clear. Do not underestimate the immediacy of potential money loss.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #7951 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 22:32:01 »

Went to see Chippenham Town v Slough Town in Southern League Premier tonight and as well as Michael Pook playing for Chippenham, Mark Scott was in goal for Slough.

Pook plays as a holding midfielder - probably his level although he was anonymous 2nd half.  Scott got a bad injury at the end of the 1st half and had to hobble through the 2nd cos there was no sub keeper
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #7952 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 20:48:38 »

Austin's shoulder has just popped out again, live on BT. Shame it's still troubling him.

Seeing it treated close up is pretty grim! Tough lad
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7953 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 21:11:28 »

Austin's shoulder has just popped out again, live on BT. Shame it's still troubling him.

Seeing it treated close up is pretty grim! Tough lad
Would be interested to see his reaction if he see's Kelvin Davis at the ground tonight...
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #7954 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 01:23:46 »

I had an interesting chat with someone from the medical industry - whose name I can't recall - and he mentioned a link between joint issues and the taking of cocaine. I'm probably posting on the wrong thread, because those accusations of Charlie (couldn't make it up) Austin taking cocaine in the toilet of a Swindon pub, were of course false. But anyway, this is what he said -

Many drugs, including but not limited to amphetamines (including prescription and over-the-counter medications containing amphetamine-like substances) and cocaine, have been linked to unusual rheumatic syndromes and vasculitis. Recently, a novel rheumatic syndrome has been reported in cocaine users, and this review will therefore focus primarily on cocaine and its link to newly recognized as well as previously established rheumatic diseases.

My lawyer has asked me to point out that joint problems can be the result of many different causes, not just cocaine use.

And like I said earlier, Charlie Austin doesn't use cocaine, so it doesn't make sense.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #7955 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 01:47:15 »

I had an interesting chat with someone from the medical industry - whose name I can't recall - and he mentioned a link between joint issues and the taking of cocaine. I'm probably posting on the wrong thread, because those accusations of Charlie (couldn't make it up) Austin taking cocaine in the toilet of a Swindon pub, were of course false. But anyway, this is what he said -

Many drugs, including but not limited to amphetamines (including prescription and over-the-counter medications containing amphetamine-like substances) and cocaine, have been linked to unusual rheumatic syndromes and vasculitis. Recently, a novel rheumatic syndrome has been reported in cocaine users, and this review will therefore focus primarily on cocaine and its link to newly recognized as well as previously established rheumatic diseases.

My lawyer has asked me to point out that joint problems can be the result of many different causes, not just cocaine use.

And like I said earlier, Charlie Austin doesn't use cocaine, so it doesn't make sense.

Nice obsfucation, but there really isn't any evidence - other than your anecdotal stuff - that says that's true.
Come back when you've got real evidence maybe?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7956 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 08:08:12 »

Coke can cause a shoulder to pop out? I've heard it all now
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7957 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 08:34:24 »

Here's his source anyway:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/776096

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7958 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 08:37:10 »

That's what he said is it? This bloke you met who's name you can't recall
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/776096
Was he reading out loud from this article or had he just memorised it? (And you then memorised his words verbatim, although you can't remember his name)
If you're going to make shit up, at least try to paraphrase what you quote.
Flashheart

« Reply #7959 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 08:46:27 »

lolz.

Man's busted fam.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7960 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 09:13:33 »

Maybe he's just found an article that matched the general direction of his earlier conversation.
Maybe he's the biggest billy blullshitter in town.
Maybe tomorrow I'll want to settle down, until tomorrow I'll just keep moving on.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #7961 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 10:10:23 »

is that just coke or is diet coke also a problem
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #7962 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 10:59:20 »

Step on a carelessly ignored coke can rolling around on the floor and you could well pop a shoulder as you go arse over tit.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7963 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 11:02:37 »

Why do you think people refer to coke as being pop........
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7964 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 11:24:59 »

... whereas Fanta makes your ears drop off
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: