Pages: 1 ... 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 ... 1224   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4349279 times)
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #6060 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 20:36:04 »

yep Brian Hughes part of John Trollope side that went down in 1982 along with other youth team discoveries like Colin Baillie, Paul Batty,Kevin Baddeley , Martin Blackler et al. Went on to play for and maybe even manage Cheltenham and Cirencester?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6061 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 06:13:53 »

Spindly legs, curly mousy hair. Born Ludgershall I seem to recall, randomly. Didn't look like a footballer.

Why?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #6062 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 07:44:36 »

Billy Bodin joins Bristol Rovers on short term deal. Simon Ferry and Rafael De Vita both on as 2nd half subs in Scottish Premier League

He looked to have so much potential, but seems to have faded massively. A bit like Storey, but more extreme.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6063 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 07:49:57 »

Di Canio fucked him up
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #6064 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 07:54:49 »

Di Canio fucked him up

Never forget that goal he scored against Crawley, cracker.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6065 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 07:58:59 »

Did a Brian Hughes play for the Town,  late 70s/early 80s?
Brian Hughes is one of only two footballers I know of who went to my school. I think Brett Angel also went there after I left but I could be wrong.

My school wasn't exactly the Wallsend Boys Club in terms of producing footballing talent  Roll Eyes
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #6066 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 08:14:52 »

Brian Hughes is one of only two footballers I know of who went to my school. I think Brett Angel also went there after I left but I could be wrong.

My school wasn't exactly the Wallsend Boys Club in terms of producing footballing talent  Roll Eyes

Which school was it?

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6067 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 08:24:17 »

Which school was it?
St Johns Marlborough. I notice on his 100% reliable Wikipedia page that he has a brother called Darren who made one 35 minute appearance for Colchester. I assume he would have gone to school in Marlborough so that would bring it up to 3. Watch out Wallsend Boys Club  Cool

To be fair, we were pretty shit hot at rugby due in no small part to our games teacher having played rugby for England at U16 and U19 level.

Sadly we were utter dross at football due in no small part to our games teacher having played rugby for England.....etc
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #6068 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 08:36:04 »

St Johns Marlborough. I notice on his 100% reliable Wikipedia page that he has a brother called Darren who made one 35 minute appearance for Colchester. I assume he would have gone to school in Marlborough so that would bring it up to 3. Watch out Wallsend Boys Club  Cool

To be fair, we were pretty shit hot at rugby due in no small part to our games teacher having played rugby for England at U16 and U19 level.

Sadly we were utter dross at football due in no small part to our games teacher having played rugby for England.....etc

Whereas my school was utter shit at everything sports-wise.. apart from me, of course.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6069 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 13:42:33 »

Jonathan Douglas to Ipswich
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #6070 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 18:46:22 »

Spindly legs, curly mousy hair. Born Ludgershall I seem to recall, randomly. Didn't look like a footballer.

Why?
He was in Penhill on Sat.Picking up his Mother and Father in law.
Apparentley(spolling),they were off to Winterbourne Monkton.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #6071 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 18:57:32 »

Brett Angell (and his brother Darren) went to Park House school in Newbury.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6072 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 18:58:46 »

Brett Angell (and his brother Darren) went to Park House school in Newbury.
Oh right, thanks. St Johns are back down to one then. That makes sense as I always thought he was from Kintbury which would have been outside the Marlborough catchment area. Wallsend Boys Club can relax  Cool
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #6073 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 19:02:14 »

The Angells did come from Kintbury. I was in the same year as Darren (or maybe the year above....) and Brett was a couple of years younger.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6074 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 21:40:36 »

He was in Penhill on Sat.Picking up his Mother and Father in law.
Apparentley(spolling),they were off to Winterbourne Monkton.

You might be taking this "Where are they now?" stuff a bit too literally.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 ... 1224   Go Up
Print
Jump to: