Pages: 1 ... 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293195 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5925 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 12:18:15 »

A step down IMO, Rangers play in a league with a poorer standard than L1.

Still its a move to a big name club, good luck to him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5926 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 12:20:38 »

In their current league, I would say a step sideways. Long term, it's a good move for him and the Scottish Premiership is a better standard. Rangers definitely on the up, but what would be a concern for me is that Ashley bloke is involved...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5927 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 12:24:39 »

Its only a step down/sideways if Warburton doesn't set out to do what he has said in 3 years. If they progress into the SPL next season (at the end of) then Wes will get great exposure on the International front as well as he'll feature in (like it or lump it) one of the biggest UK rivalry derbies around.

Like any move though, it'll only be good if he gets a chance to play, and when he does he'll have to be very good as the fans get very disillusioned very quickly up there. Take your Iron hat Wesleyy!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #5928 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 12:26:59 »

Good move for him, 1 season in the poor Scottish Championship and then they'll be pushing at the top of the SPL again and playing in Europe, can definitely see why he's moved there.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5929 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 12:27:54 »

Luckily Swindon Town fans aren't his advisors.

Within that 3 year contract, Wes could/should be playing in Europe. Pay rise, innovative manager, big stadium, big fanbase, nice city. It's a no brainer.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5930 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 12:39:02 »

Luckily Swindon Town fans aren't his advisors.

Within that 3 year contract, Wes could/should be playing in Europe. Pay rise, innovative manager, big stadium, big fanbase, nice city. It's a no brainer.

Thats virtually what i wrote. The potential for him is massive per se. So long as he plays.I want to see him do well.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5931 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 12:41:13 »

Timlin signs an extension at Southend. He's become a proper fixture there. Good for him.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Stevens

« Reply #5932 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 12:48:54 »

Good move for him.

BBC - city ground, well done!

Rangers sign goalkeeper Wes Foderingham

Rangers have signed former Swindon goalkeeper Wes Foderingham.
The 24-year-old has agreed a three-year contract, with the option of a further 12 months.
A youth international for England, Foderingham moved to the City Ground from Crystal Palace in 2012 following a successful loan spell.
He is new Ibrox manager Mark Warburton's third signing after the capture of defenders Danny Wilson and Rob Kiernan
ExiledEric

Ignore
« Reply #5933 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 13:34:03 »

Massive move for Wes.  Will be interesting to see how he copes in a much brighter spotlight than he has been used to in a 2 club city where the fans hate each other but if they can fulfil their plans he will be in Europe in 12 months time.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5934 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 20:41:00 »

@Stevietrueblue: Welcome to @RangersFC @wes_foderingham, you'll fit in great up here, we think Di Canio is a Wanker too! 👍 🔴⚪️🔵

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5935 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 21:37:04 »

Really? Its not a higher standard of football. I would imagine its a higher standard of contract though. Really disappointed tbh. I would have hoped that the rhetoric about advancing through the leagues would have been true. However, it appears not to be the case.

Dont be silly, whatever thier problems its Rangers who can pull 50k attendance at the drop of a hat. As others have said they'll be back near the top of SPL soon. That and although not foreign he gets to broaden his horizons.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #5936 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 22:57:50 »

Disagree with a couple of comments about the SPL being a better standard. There's Celtic then the rest. Adam Rooney got quite a few up there last season and he hardly shot the lights out for us. Jake Jervis also played up there having been unable to make much progress in lower league football in England. Watched some SPL games on TV last season with an Aberdeen supporting mate, I'd have put what I saw on a par with Lg1.

Anyway good luck to Wes, gave us great service over four seasons and was fantastic to watch his development. Can't recall many mistakes at all in the 30 odd games I saw him play for us. Hope it works out for him.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5937 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 07:56:02 »

Footballers don't think the same way as fans do.

Pay cheque.
Opportunities.
Success.

I'm sure Wes won't be irked by the fact he has to play Alloa Athletic next season if it means he gets more achievements during his career. He won't think 'yeah but it's only a Scottish Championship medal' just as he didn't care it was 'only a L2 medal'.

Teams like Birmingham and Reading offered a 'better standard' of football but what else? A spirited 10th place? A plucky cup run in which they beat Sunderland? Great.

Being a first choice goalkeeper is one of the toughest things to achieve in professional football. He's made the right choice.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5938 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 08:00:38 »

He'll be better than that useless twat Cammy Bell who is playing for them at the moment
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5939 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 08:22:26 »

It's a decent move for Wes, anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themself. Even with Rangers playing in the Championship rather than the SPL, it's still a massively high profile Club (how many of their games did Sky show last season - and the season before for that matter? It was a hell of a lot).

And as Costanza says, GK is a unique position and the opportunity to be number 1 at a club like that would be very hard to turn down. Add to that, he's going to get a few medals and will probably be back in the SPL next season and Europe not long after. It was a no-brainer.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: