Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 1220   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4327415 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1935 on: Thursday, December 1, 2011, 19:56:39 »

King was ok yes it didn't go right and he punched above his weight but he always done his best for us and was not one of these that was looking towards their next job, he has recommended players to the club since he has left also and I believe we have signed 1 or 2 of them.

I've also spoken to him since he left the club and he has only ever had good things to say about stfc...

I for one would welcome him back in the opposing dugout and would not boo him.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #1936 on: Thursday, December 1, 2011, 20:16:56 »

King is easily the best manager we've had this millennium. I suppose Wilson made one stage further in the play-off stakes, but under much better circumstances.

Taking into account boards and finances, with bonus points for cigars. King is our 4th best manager of all time.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1937 on: Thursday, December 1, 2011, 20:32:52 »

King was ok yes it didn't go right and he punched above his weight but he always done his best for us and was not one of these that was looking towards their next job
Who the fuck would have wanted him? Did he have any other offers? We only took him back on after Todd because we couldn't afford the tribunal case - which to be fair he would have won hands down. He was a cunt who may be loyal to some but was an egotistical shitstain to others. I believe Tom Jones' son speaks highly of him. I think anyone who went to the Trust gathering at the GW Bar would see how far up his own ringpiece he was.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1938 on: Thursday, December 1, 2011, 20:44:47 »

Who the fuck would have wanted him? Did he have any other offers? We only took him back on after Todd because we couldn't afford the tribunal case - which to be fair he would have won hands down. He was a cunt who may be loyal to some but was an egotistical shitstain to others. I believe Tom Jones' son speaks highly of him. I think anyone who went to the Trust gathering at the GW Bar would see how far up his own ringpiece he was.

He inherited the job from being Todds #2. We took him back on after the Brady bunch thought it a good idea to piss away the clubs money on Roy Evans.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #1939 on: Thursday, December 1, 2011, 20:46:20 »

He inherited the job from being Todds #2. We took him back on after the Brady bunch thought it a good idea to piss away the clubs money on Roy Evans.

I'm very happy that King was willing to retake on the job and guide us to the play-offs.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1940 on: Thursday, December 1, 2011, 22:42:35 »

I'm very happy that King was willing to retake on the job and guide us to the play-offs.

Me too. "Why Sack King".
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1941 on: Thursday, December 1, 2011, 22:55:03 »

Macklin has signed for Salisbury, and although not a player certainly a familiar name here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15973037.stm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1942 on: Thursday, December 1, 2011, 23:10:53 »

Not a player, that's a bit harsh
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1943 on: Thursday, December 1, 2011, 23:30:35 »

You know full well what i meant..
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #1944 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 08:38:47 »

Andy King may not be everyones cup of tea but we have had far worse managers recently.

Some don't like his attitude? At least he had one.

He was OK in my book.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #1945 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 08:56:20 »

Andy King built a decent team for peanuts, which played fairly attractive, effective football. He was also good value in an interview. When things weren't going well, however, he openly turned on some players and fans in public (even if they deserved it!), which was a bit off.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender

Ignore
« Reply #1946 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 09:07:05 »

Kingy gave us our best season in recent years imo. The Parkin-Mooney play off year was one of the best imo and hasn't been bettered since. We ad some cracking players then and the team was a joy to watch at times.
He was also still some player in training and put alot of the players to shame. A rude,arrogant twat and not friendly with supporters so i understand the dislike of the bloke,but boy could he spot a player.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #1947 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 10:13:20 »

Didn't King come back after Evans left because we couldn't agree a settlement with him so just took him back as our manager as he was still on the payroll? Wouldn't put it past our board at the time. Also wasn't King linked with the Pompey job after Harry Redknapp left the first time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1948 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 10:31:24 »

I agree with the sentiments regarding our best season in years and that he could spot a player but he did sign Lloyd Opara, Jonathan Stevenson, Ben Martin, Darren Dykes...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1949 on: Friday, December 2, 2011, 10:48:21 »

Nowt wrong with Opara, he had a trial at chelsea after he left!
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 1220   Go Up
Print
Jump to: