Pages: 1 ... 638 639 640 [641] 642 643 644 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4335216 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #9600 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:22:41 »

I thought he was refreshingly open (as far as he could be regarding contract discussions etc) and none of the 'Flitcroft bollocks' we had to endure last season.

He used the word "slashed" the first time and then said "reduced" when answering a later question.  If you don't want to wait for the 'catch-up' to be loaded, Ben Wills did a running commentary on his Twitter feed, which picked up the key points.

One thing I thought interesting was that PB said, when he met Power in London to discuss the job, Power had an unnamed business partner with him who PB said was going to be a future investor in Power's businesses, although he couldn't confirm if that included STFC.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #9601 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:44:36 »

One thing I thought interesting was that PB said, when he met Power in London to discuss the job, Power had an unnamed business partner with him who PB said was going to be a future investor in Power's businesses, although he couldn't confirm if that included STFC.

Tactics Tim

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9602 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:44:37 »

During a fans' phone-in to BBC radio Wiltshire, Swindon Town manager Phil Brown fielded questions on whether either of Michael Doughty, Jamie Sendles-White or Harry Toffolo will be returning to Wiltshire this summer.

Michael Doughty and Harry Toffolo have been released by Peterborough United and Millwall respectively following the conclusion of the 2017-18 season, while Jamie Sendles-White is currently at National League South outfit St. Albans City.

All three have been subject of calls from Town fans for a return, and they had their chance to make their feelings known to the boss, as he spoke to the BBC for an hour on Tuesday night.

Wing-back Toffolo spent time at loan at Swindon from Norwich City during the 2014-15 season that saw Swindon make the final of the League One play-offs, and has since spent time on loan at Rotherham, Peterborough, Scunthorpe and Doncaster prior to his short stint at the New Den.

Speaking about the possibility of 22-year-old Toffolo making a return, Brown said: "I will only sign players that I really have done my homework on, I will only sign players that I've met, if I meet the lad and it's a postive, then who knows?

"I know his best position is left-back, and I hope Matty Taylor and Ellis Iandolo might fill that role."

Next up was a question on Doughty, who had two loan spells in successive seasons before being recalled by Championship QPR in January 2017. It was revealed by Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony that Lee Power rejected the chance to sign Doughty when he was transfer listed by Posh, but Brown says he likes the now-free agent.

"I've been an admirer of him, but we're chasing a lot of targets at the moment and I think a lot of supporters think I'm on holiday, but at this time of year we spend a lot of time on the phone, we've got to do a lot of research and a lot of homework, you've just got to be careful. It's really important that we get this part of the season right."

Sendles-White was the next name to be thrown into the mix. The centre-back was released in the summer of 2016 after suffering an ACL injury the previous September, which ended his campaign, and is working himself back to full fitness at St. Albans after being let go by National League Leyton Orient.

"It's a player that I've already met, I was having a coffee with him about 10 days ago, and it's key that when you do make a decision, he's got to be able to do the things he used to be able to do physically. I've got to make sure he's right for us and we're right for him."

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9603 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:52:43 »

The majority of questions were in reference to ex-players returning.

It was quite odd.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9604 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:53:20 »

Town offered a 3 year contract to Preston apparently according to FB with Mansfield also interested.

And plan B is Mayo Sad
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9605 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:53:40 »

The majority of questions were in reference to ex-players returning.

It was quite odd.
Yes that does sound odd, I like the fact that they are more of a known quantity than players totally new to the club but sometimes you do have to move on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9606 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 19:05:23 »

Sounds unlikely any of those players will be returning if Brown’s criteria is having to have seen them play himself.

And with a reduced budget L1 players would be facing a hefty wage cut.

Interesting he mentioned the possibility of 2 strikers out, 2 new ones in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9607 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 19:09:16 »

Interesting he mentioned the possibility of 2 strikers out, 2 new ones in.

Did he? That IS interesting...

Only saw this from Wills Twitter
Q: Have we got a 20-goal striker to earn promotion? A: Norris ended up with 14, Richards ended up with 11 from 15, but if latter hasn't got legs, then Anderson, Mullin, Woolery and Twine will be thinking 'I'm coming through'. Competition for places at business end. #STFC

Q: Are you interested in Simon Cox [Brown worked with him before, out of contract but offered a new deal by Southend] A: Lot of things to like at him, but says club are very top heavy up front with 5/6 strikers. Needs to consider the players that are already @ club.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9608 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 19:11:47 »

Brown’s implied that he *might* need to ship a couple out/let them move on in order to bring a couple in.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9609 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 19:14:56 »

oh, ok.  I think that's a given.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9610 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 19:53:45 »

oh, ok.  I think that's a given.

I'm confused. The summary of the PB phone-in seems to be that the budget is reduced, but the talk was about ex players, so that's Shay Given?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9611 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 19:57:37 »

You're not Misun anything
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9612 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 20:00:27 »

I'm going to Feruz through the Town back catelogue to find the right player.

[/Stretch]
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9613 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 20:03:29 »

That's reassuring....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9614 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 20:35:03 »

Did he? Really? Slashed?

This is why I wanted to listen myself so I could hear it myself instead of having to rely on others' interpretation, only I got called away.
He was also asked if the current owner had the resources to get the Club to the Championship in, say, a 3 year period.

Brown answered without even a nano-second of hesitation "Yes, 100%"...that's not been mentioned for some reason  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 640 [641] 642 643 644 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: