Pages: 1 ... 567 568 569 [570] 571 572 573 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4336737 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8535 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 12:04:47 »

If Sherwood is anything to go by DOF does precisely fuck all so Lingy should be fine.
Harsh...but...fair.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8536 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 12:12:17 »

If Lingy wants any advice on how to be an effective D o F, he could chat to his old team mate Nicky Hammond. 

Nicky is now titled Technical Director at WBA... after all those years at Reading where he was credited with a large part of their rise.
Nicky "butter fingers" Hammond has made a nice living out of running Reading academy, then DoF and now Technical Director at WBA and he seems to have done it very well too.

Not a great keeper but was always a very intelligent person despite making some bad decisions on the pitch for us. Something borne out by his retirement from having a bad back from keep picking the ball out of the net Wink

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8537 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 12:22:44 »

Danny Ward signs for Cardiff City
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #8538 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 12:31:39 »

Liked and admired Nathan Thompson. One of my favourite Town players over the last 10 years. Watching him playing sweeper in our play-off final season was a joy.  Some of the best football I've seen at the County Ground in my supporting tenure.
Gary Roberts called him the best defender in the league that season.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8539 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 13:29:19 »

Nicky "butter fingers" Hammond has made a nice living out of running Reading academy, then DoF and now Technical Director at WBA and he seems to have done it very well too.

Not a great keeper but was always a very intelligent person despite making some bad decisions on the pitch for us. Something borne out by his retirement from having a bad back from keep picking the ball out of the net Wink
I didn't think he was 'that' bad. Couldn't kick and was a bit too small. Pulled off some good saves but also let in some that he shouldn't have - What keeper hasn't....Oohh! Oohh! I'm just having flashbacks to Leicester away many moons ago wheen we were down to 10 men, 0-2 up with less than 5 mins to go.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8540 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 13:34:20 »

I didn't think he was 'that' bad. Couldn't kick and was a bit too small. Pulled off some good saves but also let in some that he shouldn't have - What keeper hasn't....Oohh! Oohh! I'm just having flashbacks to Leicester away many moons ago wheen we were down to 10 men, 0-2 up with less than 5 mins to go.
I must admit that for me he is up there with the least reliable keepers I have seen in a Swindon shirt but each to his own.

Not a bad shot stopper but awful at kicking, catching and commanding his area.

And yes I remember being 2-0 up with about 8 mins left on the clock and losing 3-2 in front of only about 8,000, how times have changed.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8541 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 13:51:22 »

I must admit that for me he is up there with the least reliable keepers I have seen in a Swindon shirt but each to his own.

Not a bad shot stopper but awful at kicking, catching and commanding his area.

And yes I remember being 2-0 up with about 8 mins left on the clock and losing 3-2 in front of only about 8,000, how times have changed.

Never felt too confident with Nicky in goal, but he did have some good games. The best keepers make the fewest errors, and he made a few too many for comfort.

I suppose he was OK as a back up and obviously a decent pro.

I've a mate who's a Plymuff fan, and had a chortle when he left to go there. Think it was his debut, when he literally threw one into the back of the net...he only lasted 3 more games.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8542 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 14:05:05 »

Never felt too confident with Nicky in goal, but he did have some good games. The best keepers make the fewest errors, and he made a few too many for comfort.

I suppose he was OK as a back up and obviously a decent pro.

I've a mate who's a Plymuff fan, and had a chortle when he left to go there. Think it was his debut, when he literally threw one into the back of the net...he only lasted 3 more games.
Voted Plymouths worst ever player in an online poll.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/bastille-drummer-reveals-worst-ever-plymouth-argyle-player-in-fourfourtwo-interview/story-30251845-detail/story.html

Can't say I would say hes our worst ever keeper in my time following the Town, we have had a few stinkers, but he is up there with the worst holding his own.

hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #8543 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 14:13:09 »

The introduction of the back-pass rule in 1992 had a big impact upon Hammond.  He'd have been alright had it not been introduced.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8544 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 14:14:39 »

3 who've worn the shirt, are in the England U 21's who've made it through to the semi's of their Euro.

Jacob Murphy, Jon Swift and Jack Stephens. Murphy has impressed, comes on as a sub and to use the cliche, made an impact.

Jack has yet to figure, but Jon Swift interests me. 

He seemingly hasn't changed too much from his time with us, clearly has talent, but as yet not quite able to take it up a level. When you consider, that Jack Wilshere aside, and he's gone backwards, England just don't have a playmaker, there is a massive opportunity for the lad.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8545 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 14:23:32 »

Voted Plymouths worst ever player in an online poll.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/bastille-drummer-reveals-worst-ever-plymouth-argyle-player-in-fourfourtwo-interview/story-30251845-detail/story.html

Can't say I would say hes our worst ever keeper in my time following the Town, we have had a few stinkers, but he is up there with the worst dropping his own.

Corrected for you
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8546 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 14:36:19 »

Corrected for you
Some early footage of NH.

Flashheart

« Reply #8547 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 14:37:35 »

He played a fucking blinder away to West Ham once.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8548 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 14:41:55 »

Speaking of crap goalies having blinders...

Anyone remember Talia's performance away at Charlton in 99/00? They were top, we were bottom... He had the game of his life. I don't think I'll ever see a better goalkeeping performance.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #8549 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 15:45:32 »

Nicky Hammond was shite. Fucking crap in the air and was like a subbuteo goalkeeper. Also had a habit of putting the ball back into play rather than tip it around the post so any forward following in had a field day. Then there was his footwork.
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 569 [570] 571 572 573 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: