Pages: 1 ... 555 556 557 [558] 559 560 561 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293293 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8355 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:26:29 »

Powers already missed his first 'pulling it out of the fire' move.
He's probably got another 6 days to make it.

If we have any intent to do anything, or just intent to show intent. Williams has to go asap.

I was hoping when Power said the 'clean up will start on Monday' would have seen Williams given his P45 or back to moving cones around on the training ground.

Given he has given him a 5 year contract he has put himself in a bit of a pickle financially being able to get rid of him hasn't he?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8356 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:30:17 »

Who's to say we're not heading that way now?  The club's not going to be sustainable with crowds of 4,000 next season, which is a distinct possibility.

Setting aside the fact that the 4000 figure is pure speculation, whats to say 4000 crowds could not be sustainable if the club budgets accordingly?
Panda Paws

« Reply #8357 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:30:30 »

They still need to fulfill this Sunday's fixture, and I'm suspecting Williams has a break clause at the end of June anyway.

I'd be amazed if we don't have a new manager by July 1, but think it could take until then.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8358 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:32:06 »

I don't know the terms of Williams contract but Power has said relegation will cost us around £1m. Now, would have paying off Williams and getting a new manager in for the season cost that much? I doubt.

Of course still no guarantee we would have stayed up under someone else's leadership but when you look how bunched up the table is and certainly was a few games ago a bit of pragmatism and fight, a couple of draws into wins, a couple of defeats into draws and we'd be above the line.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #8359 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 12:21:10 »

I don't know the terms of Williams contract but Power has said relegation will cost us around £1m. Now, would have paying off Williams and getting a new manager in for the season cost that much? I doubt.

Of course still no guarantee we would have stayed up under someone else's leadership but when you look how bunched up the table is and certainly was a few games ago a bit of pragmatism and fight, a couple of draws into wins, a couple of defeats into draws and we'd be above the line.

Surely there will be loss of sponsorship revenue, less advertising, plus FL money will be less, no matches on TV, loss of local derbies, drop in attendances

That's without having to pay of coaches that will get sacked
corner

Ignore
« Reply #8360 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 16:29:16 »

I was hoping when Power said the 'clean up will start on Monday' would have seen Williams given his P45 or back to moving cones around on the training ground.

Given he has given him a 5 year contract he has put himself in a bit of a pickle financially being able to get rid of him hasn't he?
Unless there is a Claus in the contract if we're relagated then he's released from the contract, no body knows, just speculation
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8361 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 16:56:28 »

Poor Santa... why involve the big man. What has he ever done to you?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
corner

Ignore
« Reply #8362 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 17:14:01 »

Poor Santa... why involve the big man. What has he ever done to you?
Thanks Sippo  Girl Giggle
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #8363 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 17:57:36 »

He does wear red and white Smiley lacking fitness perhaps but that shouldn't be a problem..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #8364 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 18:16:44 »

He does wear red and white Smiley lacking fitness perhaps but that shouldn't be a problem..

Here's my scouting report:

Experienced. Wise old head. A father-figure the younger players will look up to.

Comes with a bigger entourage than Nile Ranger.  Can go missing for large chunks of the season. Diet a bit suspect. Concerned BOO might be led astray by offers of a cheeky sherry and mince pie
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #8365 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 18:28:27 »

Taking the 10000 gate against Oxford out of the equation, our home gates averaged 6800 which in all probability meant 3500 non season ticket holders at a guess. Losing some 1000 ST holders (according to the rumours), and less interest in the opposition we will be facing I would guess at an average around 5000. Pure speculation I know and it depends on how we will be doing.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #8366 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 22:45:43 »

I bet you £4000 we dont have a single home league gate that small

I'm tempted, but maybe I'm edging too far on the side of doom a la Reg (who I'm not related to as far as I know) 😊

Genuine question though, if crowds were really to drop so significantly, surely in order for the club to remain sustainable, we would have to continue to rely on youngsters, loans or a lower calibre of player?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8367 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 07:52:54 »

I bet you £4000 we dont have a single home league gate that small
I am with you, I would bet that we don't have a LEAGUE gate that low.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #8368 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 08:15:28 »

Genuine question though, if crowds were really to drop so significantly, surely in order for the club to remain sustainable, we would have to continue to rely on youngsters, loans or a lower calibre of player?

If income drops and we want to remain sustainable we'll need to spend less? That's a given surely?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8369 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 08:35:12 »

we could offset by selling Vigs and, er, ... no you're right. cost cutting it is
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 557 [558] 559 560 561 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: