Pages: 1 ... 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293324 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8340 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 08:16:02 »

Matt Ritchie winning promotion with Newcastle

Good luck to the lad.

As I recall at no time did Matt do a big time Charlie and angle for a move, in fact as I recall he didn't particularly want to go to Bormuff.

As Town fans we don't have much these days to get even slightly positive about, but the memory of watching decent proper players perform in the red shirt, is a crumb of comfort.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #8341 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 08:33:13 »

I remember when we were relegated in 2011, he spent the Summer in the gym and training on his own, instead of jetting off on holiday and came back fitter and stronger than ever for our title winning campaign in 2012, and was named League Two player of the year.
A consummate, hard working pro who's hard work paid off.
Just a shame he chose to play for Scotland as I reckon he could've had a sniff at an England call up.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #8342 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:23:13 »

Congrats Matt Ritchie

Left Pompey (of which he is a fan) when they fell into financial difficulties, immediately got his head down here however and then had to leave for similar reasons.  Did the hard work and his talking was on the pitch.  Oh that STFC had had a few with his Attitude last season*.

* (this season actually  Doh)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8343 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:44:47 »

Things could have been so different if we hadn't sold him to Bournemouth for a stupid price ...........

Yeah we would probably have gone into administration and been subject to league sanctions?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #8344 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 09:53:22 »

Yeah we would probably have gone into administration and been subject to league sanctions?

Who's to say we're not heading that way now?  The club's not going to be sustainable with crowds of 4,000 next season, which is a distinct possibility.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8345 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 10:42:36 »

Who's to say we're not heading that way now?  The club's not going to be sustainable with crowds of 4,000 next season, which is a distinct possibility.

I bet you £4000 we dont have a single home league gate that small
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8346 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 10:54:08 »

Is joteddyred related to Reg?
Panda Paws

« Reply #8347 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 10:56:18 »

Who's to say we're not heading that way now?  The club's not going to be sustainable with crowds of 4,000 next season, which is a distinct possibility.

A) What Jayo said
B) Clubs survive on crowds less than that. I'm in no way defending Power here, but we've got more chance of surviving on small crowds with him than previous incumbents given his apparent desire to be sustainable (which, despite his many failings, is a good thing).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8348 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 11:14:22 »

Is joteddyred related to Reg?

It's not an unreasonable thought to expect to see crowds drop to the sort of levels last seen around 2002. That season I well remember luxuriating in the TE for a game v Notts County. It was a midweek fixture on a cold night, but fewer than 4000, and that was in Div 3.

We all know solid season ticket holders of long standing who aren't renewing, but will probably pick and choose. They might be tempted if things are going well, but won't bother with the sort of substandard shit on offer this year.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8349 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 12:17:35 »

I'm not suggesting shes way off the mark by saying crowds may drop the low, its just the 'impending doom' feel to the posts. Reminds me of you.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #8350 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 12:22:32 »

If we have similar late recruitment of novices and lose a couple early on I can easily see gates dipping below 4k. This is not inconceivable. I think there are a hell of a lot of fans who can jump either way at the moment. Good early recruitment and a squad that could challenge will see gates around the 6k mark and gaining momentum as the season goes on. Otherwise, they will stop going. Other than Diamandis I can't remember another owner alienating the fanbase as mutch.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8351 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 12:29:06 »

Funnily enough most were ambivalent/ignorant about Diamandis and just thought dear old SSW was doing a simply wonderful job
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #8352 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:12:45 »

Diamandis was fortunate the internet was still in its releative infancy, not like it is today.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8353 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:13:33 »

If we have similar late recruitment of novices and lose a couple early on I can easily see gates dipping below 4k. This is not inconceivable. I think there are a hell of a lot of fans who can jump either way at the moment. Good early recruitment and a squad that could challenge will see gates around the 6k mark and gaining momentum as the season goes on. Otherwise, they will stop going. Other than Diamandis I can't remember another owner alienating the fanbase as mutch.

This is why Power could still pull this out of the fire.  If he goes and recruits early, and shows intent, and then drops in an offer for ST's he might pull some punters back.  It's seasons like this where the early bird ST offer really bites the club in the arse.  Apart from the diehards, nobody in their right minds are going to sign up for a ST at the moment, unless out of habit etc.  It certainly wouldn't be for value for money.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8354 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:23:29 »

This is why Power could still pull this out of the fire.  If he goes and recruits early, and shows intent, and then drops in an offer for ST's he might pull some punters back.  It's seasons like this where the early bird ST offer really bites the club in the arse.  Apart from the diehards, nobody in their right minds are going to sign up for a ST at the moment, unless out of habit etc.  It certainly wouldn't be for value for money.

Powers already missed his first 'pulling it out of the fire' move.
He's probably got another 6 days to make it.

If we have any intent to do anything, or just intent to show intent. Williams has to go asap.
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: