Pages: 1 ... 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4337008 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #8160 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 22:14:36 »

Ryan Mason just (being) stretchered off  Chelsea v Hull, they immobilised him and got the oxygen out. Hopefully just precautionary ...

Fractured skull and bleeding on the brain being reported-poor bloke not good
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8161 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 12:11:26 »

Jack Stephens expected to start in place of injured Virgil Van Dyke in Southampton's semi final 2nd leg against Liverpool tonight. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
REDBUCK

« Reply #8162 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 20:46:15 »

Keeping Liverpool at bay so far.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #8163 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 20:51:33 »

Ah! The memories.....

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/jan-aage-fjortoft-prem-trailblazers-impersonating-journos-aeroplane/
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #8164 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 23:52:27 »

Stephens kept a clean sheet in the end. Great to see him get a game at Soton after being shipped out to Middlesborough and not really getting a sniff. Always thought he was excellent here, especially remember what I think (?) was his debut against Bristol City, with he and Troy keeping a clean sheet. He was a rock that day.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 13:18:46 by Captain Beefheart » Logged
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #8165 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 17:54:31 »

Paul Caddis officially released from his contract.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #8166 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 18:40:49 »

Paul Caddis officially released from his contract.

Interesting really. Two clubs in England, both spells popular with fans yet both ending in (potentially) unhappy circumstances as there were rumour of Caddis and Birmingham falling out.

I dare say he'll go back to Scotland now.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #8167 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 20:33:12 »

Don't know if this has already been posted but

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-01-19/ex-man-city-and-ipswich-starlet-alex-henshall-now-ive-got-to-start-again-from-the-beginning/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8168 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 20:39:11 »

rumour Louis Thompson has snapped his Achilles Sad

hope that's been overstated
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #8169 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 20:59:19 »

Went to school with him.  Saw him jogging around Rodbourne Cheney in the late-summer and wasn't really surprised to see that he didn't have a club anymore. Obviously got some talent though. As much as he was a bit of a knob over Louis Thompson, it seems from that article he has a good idea of what he needs to do to get back playing full-time football.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 21:02:00 by Captain Beefheart » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8170 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 21:13:37 »

Went to school with him.  Saw him jogging around Rodbourne Cheney in the late-summer and wasn't really surprised to see that he didn't have a club anymore. Obviously got some talent though. As much as he was a bit of a knob over Louis Thompson, it seems from that article he has a good idea of what he needs to do to get back playing full-time football.

Not so sure, that still looks to me like he thinks his decline into non-league is just a set of bad luck situations.  Not likely, he's had opportunities and not managed to shine at any point, or been retained.  More likely he's not got the right attitude, believing his talent is sufficient, when in fact pretty much every kids signed to academies has the same talent.  Could still turn it around, wouldn't hold my breath - sort of player we'd go for, wonder if he'd be humble enough.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8171 on: Thursday, January 26, 2017, 22:22:39 »

Obviously isn't the type of player we'd go for. Unemployed and lives down the road.. I guess someone thought about it at some point, and if he'd been any good/had the correct philosophy, we'd have taken a punt.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8172 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 10:24:04 »

Obviously isn't the type of player we'd go for. Unemployed and lives down the road.. I guess someone thought about it at some point, and if he'd been any good/had the correct philosophy, we'd have taken a punt.
The thing is he was very highly rated at Town and at Man City by Scott Sellars (Head of Man City academy) when he first went there but then Sellars was sacked in April 2014 and Henshall was no longer rated by the academy staff at City and was freed.

Something happened and all of a sudden he stopped progressing and was sent out on loan to Chesterfield, Rovers and Ipswich and barely makes a handful of appearances.

He seems to have a bit of an attitude problem but every youngster who signs for a massive club like City tend to have an over inflated self belief, rightly or wrongly.

He then signs a short term for Ipswich and Kilmarnock with a short loan to Blackpool too....in all 6 league clubs and made a total of 18 games of which most of those were as sub and makes little impact.

He is an out and out winger rather than a wingback/winger which is what our formation (currently) requires so is probably no better than what we have in Boo and Brophy both of which have amassed more game time THIS SEASON than Henshall has in his entire career.

That said I think he would have been worth giving him some game time in one of the academy games for us, nothing to lose and everything to gain for both parties.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #8173 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 10:34:17 »

The thing is he was very highly rated at Town and at Man City by Scott Sellars (Head of Man City academy) when he first went there but then Sellars was sacked in April 2014 and Henshall was no longer rated by the academy staff at City and was freed.

Something happened and all of a sudden he stopped progressing and was sent out on loan to Chesterfield, Rovers and Ipswich and barely makes a handful of appearances.

He seems to have a bit of an attitude problem but every youngster who signs for a massive club like City tend to have an over inflated self belief, rightly or wrongly.

He then signs a short term for Ipswich and Kilmarnock with a short loan to Blackpool too....in all 6 league clubs and made a total of 18 games of which most of those were as sub and makes little impact.

He is an out and out winger rather than a wingback/winger which is what our formation (currently) requires so is probably no better than what we have in Boo and Brophy both of which have amassed more game time THIS SEASON than Henshall has in his entire career.

That said I think he would have been worth giving him some game time in one of the academy games for us, nothing to lose and everything to gain for both parties.
I think the issue has to be attitude. He is a young kid who himself in that interview states he fell out with Mick McCarthey over how he should be played? Dick head
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8174 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 10:40:29 »

I think the issue has to be attitude. He is a young kid who himself in that interview states he fell out with Mick McCarthey over how he should be played? Dick head
Can't argue with that Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: