Pages: 1 ... 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4342527 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7665 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2016, 12:57:42 »

I thought he was always a prickly fucker in press conferences, I mentioned this at the time but it seemed to be only me and the Flash that thought it.  He always came across as a condescending fucker to me when the interviewer was asking the questions that the fans wanted hear.  His interview style is very similar to Nigel Pearson IMO, thinks he knows better than everyone else and how dare you question it..  If you are Fergie or Mourihno you can get away with it, he has a bit of work to do to get there..

I guess when it is just the local press involved you can get away with being more prickly.  At league one level you have more national press and TV radio outlets always in attendance so you have to be a little more careful of what you say and how you say it..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Panda Paws

« Reply #7666 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2016, 13:03:25 »

Feels like Dale Vince wanted the Swindon style of play but has employed the least important person in implementing it.

100%
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #7667 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2016, 17:53:30 »

Playing this style of football at our level is a risk and you can see the players we have are sometimes on the edge of being able to execute the passing and movement required. Trying this two levels lower just seems like you are asking for a difficult time.

My friend who played under him at Tamworth said he was the same then

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7668 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 08:52:56 »

Not an ex STFC player http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/breaking-leeds-united-close-to-signing-bristol-city-defender-ayling-1-8061703

But does this put to bed any chance of a big money move for Flint and any cash we could get on the back of that?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7669 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 09:12:24 »

Dear ol' Flinty doesn't appear to be getting the interest that was expected.

He's a very good defender but he still gets turned way too easily, I'm convinced that Premier scouts are on to him.

Also, he's got it very good at Bristol City.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #7670 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 10:27:39 »

I was talking to a city fan relation at a wedding the other (before the fights and vomiting started).  He was totally convinced that Flint is of such class that they'll never keep him.  Reckons he can go to a mid table prem team.  Im not convinced but he's done all right really hasn't he.  As you say I still think he has limits.

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7671 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 10:37:47 »

I was talking to a city fan relation at a wedding the other (before the fights and vomiting started).  He was totally convinced that Flint is of such class that they'll never keep him.  Reckons he can go to a mid table prem team.  Im not convinced but he's done all right really hasn't he.  As you say I still think he has limits.

I assume we do have a sell on?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #7672 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 10:44:15 »

Dear ol' Flinty doesn't appear to be getting the interest that was expected.

He's a very good defender but he still gets turned way too easily, I'm convinced that Premier scouts are on to him.

Also, he's got it very good at Bristol City.

Fully agree with you. Good old style centre half, like Shaun Taylor, who's good in the air and has a good record in scoring goals. But put him against a quick striker, one on one, there is only one winner...

Saying that Wes Morgan, who has mostly played in the lower leagues, didn't do too badly last season...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7673 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 10:46:31 »

He has improved a hell of a lot at City too. There's no way the Flint that left us would be anywhere close to the Premier League.

Will never forget his debut, he looked horrifically out of place in an already very shit Swindon side.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #7674 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 10:48:00 »

What do we think would be Flint's ceiling?

I mean, is he currently at the best place for his ability? Could he go higher?..

I think it's the former..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Panda Paws

« Reply #7675 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 10:54:43 »

I mean, is he currently at the best place for his ability? Could he go higher?..

I think it's the former..

I think he'd improve a lower third PL side. Would walk into Hull's first XI. Or readymade replacement if Burnley sell Keane to Leicester. Or to replace an ageing McAuley at WBA, where they can never have too many CBs.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #7676 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 11:04:50 »

With the current transfer market, if we do have a sell on, then Id love him to go to a lower third prem side for 15 million.

Never knowingly overstated.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #7677 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 11:25:56 »

I think he'd improve a lower third PL side. Would walk into Hull's first XI. Or readymade replacement if Burnley sell Keane to Leicester. Or to replace an ageing McAuley at WBA, where they can never have too many CBs.

Fair argument, he'd also have fit in well at Stoke under Pulis..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7678 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 11:28:19 »

I don't want to sound like a bitter football fan because he'd be worth a punt in the Prem but I imagine he'd get there with a freshly promoted team as opposed to an established one.

Saying that, WBA were linked and that didn't seem like a ridiculous match.

He does make plenty of errors though. It's just when he does something right. It's pretty damn good.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #7679 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 11:30:53 »

Artex?
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: