Pages: 1 ... 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4343469 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7575 on: Thursday, August 4, 2016, 18:22:00 »

Tony Grant's lob was greatest thing ever as a 12 year old. Nowadays it's terrible goalkeeping.

You'd think Hull City fans would hark back to the 95/96 season for a little bit of perspective.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7576 on: Thursday, August 4, 2016, 19:11:53 »

Tony Grant's lob was greatest thing ever as a 12 year old. Nowadays it's terrible goalkeeping.

You'd think Hull City fans would hark back to the 95/96 season for a little bit of perspective.
TBF it was a very well taken goal (and I was 30 at the time Wink ) Hull were dire that day at the leagues whipping boys, going down in 24th place with a low points total.

I remember at one point we put together about 100 passes without Hull touching the ball for around 5 mins of the game (usual shouts of Olé with every touch) fast, decisive passing with strong defending...it can be done Wink .

We did have a team head and shoulders above any other team in the league that season. I did expect grant to go on to bigger better things but he didn't really.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #7577 on: Thursday, August 4, 2016, 19:12:41 »

I supported him when he was our manager but never took to him at all and his blame game is the worst type of management when often it was his tactics/player selection that was wrong.

He didn't really blame the players a lot when he was here though did he? In fact most of what he said was defending them - they're young, inexperienced etc. Covertly blaming Power / the STFC 'system' perhaps, but not them. Most of his bitching has come after the fact.

Still coming across as a bit of a cock though.

Speaking of cocks, I hope Pritchard does well in his career, but I'll mainly remember him for 2 things: 1) Free Kicks and 2) When his misses had a meltdown on twitter after he banged our secretary. I hate how much I enjoyed that.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7578 on: Thursday, August 4, 2016, 19:15:19 »

He didn't really blame the players a lot when he was here though did he? In fact most of what he said was defending them - they're young, inexperienced etc. Covertly blaming Power / the STFC 'system' perhaps, but not them. Most of his bitching has come after the fact.

Still coming across as a bit of a cock though.
No you are right, he blamed the pitch, referee, the fans....everyone but himself.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #7579 on: Thursday, August 4, 2016, 19:35:05 »

TBF it was a very well taken goal (and I was 30 at the time Wink ) Hull were dire that day at the leagues whipping boys, going down in 24th place with a low points total.

I remember at one point we put together about 100 passes without Hull touching the ball for around 5 mins of the game (usual shouts of Olé with every touch) fast, decisive passing with strong defending...it can be done Wink .

We did have a team head and shoulders above any other team in the league that season. I did expect grant to go on to bigger better things but he didn't really.

I remember that game and that move vividly. But sadly I guess it was 20 years ago? Geez.

Paul Allen tore their young left back apart; you almost felt sorry for the lad. At one point Allen started hopping - I think he was sledging the LB with "I can beat you on one leg".

That season, plus the two PDC ones, were genuinely really exciting with good football, attendances and atmosphere. Reckon this season could be the same?!?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7580 on: Thursday, August 4, 2016, 19:38:04 »

It was a teenage Roy Carroll in goal for Hull too. Who knew the he would go on to far higher profile dodgy goalkeeping?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #7581 on: Thursday, August 4, 2016, 19:47:29 »

It was a teenage Roy Carroll in goal for Hull too. Who knew the he would go on to far higher profile dodgy goalkeeping?

For a grown man, he's been hilariously easy to wind up in recent seasons.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7582 on: Thursday, August 4, 2016, 19:58:21 »

Tony Grant - he was the one nicknamed Rodney (Trotter) wasn't he?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7583 on: Thursday, August 4, 2016, 20:50:28 »

Yep, he looked pretty good.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7584 on: Friday, August 5, 2016, 07:36:13 »

"Dave" to you batch!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7585 on: Friday, August 5, 2016, 08:11:35 »

Oi, less of that!!!

I'm off to stare at my prized broom...
« Last Edit: Friday, August 5, 2016, 16:49:52 by Batch » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7586 on: Friday, August 5, 2016, 14:41:48 »

Michael Doughty joins Swindon on loan
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7587 on: Friday, August 5, 2016, 17:16:55 »

Off to the Fulham v Newcastle game tonight. Looking forward to seeing how Matt Ritchie plays.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7588 on: Friday, August 5, 2016, 18:09:57 »

Off to the Fulham v Newcastle game tonight. Looking forward to seeing how Matt Ritchie plays.
I'm at Putney Bridge now, not a sign of a Fulham fan.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7589 on: Friday, August 5, 2016, 18:30:01 »

I'm at Putney Bridge now, not a sign of a Fulham fan.

Don't jump.....we've signed 3 players.
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: