Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4341660 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7080 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 08:20:03 »

He wasn't last time

What last time?

He played 4 games at the start of the season before Ajose even signed and then played 13 minutes against Barnsley when Obika and Ajose were playing, so unless I am mistaken, he never played this season when both Ajose and Obika were injured.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #7081 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 08:34:21 »

What last time?

He played 4 games at the start of the season before Ajose even signed and then played 13 minutes against Barnsley when Obika and Ajose were playing, so unless I am mistaken, he never played this season when both Ajose and Obika were injured.
Oh ok maybe not last time then but let's be fair he was shite as soon as he made it clear he wanted out
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #7082 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 08:42:57 »

Whats the point in having a big man up front to hold up the ball when the said big player struggles to control a bag of cement
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7083 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 09:08:17 »

Oh ok maybe not last time then but let's be fair he was shite as soon as he made it clear he wanted out
Whats the point in having a big man up front to hold up the ball when the said big player struggles to control a bag of cement

I can't really disagree with both points and his touch did frustrate the hell out of me.

That said, he scored 15 goals for us last season (albeit in a better side) so he can't be a total donkey.

Clearly though, he didn't want to be here anymore, which was a shame as we were crying out for goalscorers when Ajose and Obika were both out.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #7084 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 09:24:48 »

Michael Smith scores his fourth of the season for Portsmouth.

14th it might be worth the discussion. He's still hitting 1 in 4/5 in a league lower.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #7085 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 13:10:13 »

Missed the header at Wembley and shite thereafter...

Clems Army!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #7086 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 13:15:44 »

He didn't do that badly scoring that goal against Shitty going past a few players in a tight penalty area (including Flint) and putting the ball in the bottom corner...

He just hated being up front on his own....along with every striker that's at the club.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7087 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 13:38:20 »

The management seemed to write-off Smith after the Play-Offs (rightly or wrongly).

Smith himself said that his Barnsley spell killed off his homesickness. Whether that's because he realised the career of a professional footballer is fleeting or because it's grim up north, I don't know.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7088 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 14:21:57 »

Missed the header at Wembley and shite thereafter...

That's probably the abiding memory from that game.
Everyone turning around to watch the replay on the big screen and the collective groan that went up.
Smith always looked like the odd man out technically when compared to the rest of that team.
Having said yhat, a hard worker and should be looking at 10-15 goals per season at LG1 or LG2 level.

If Doncaster get relegated, just wondering if an approach for Andy Williams would be worth it?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7089 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 14:37:24 »

If Doncaster get relegated, just wondering if an approach for Andy Williams would be worth it?

Right, so Willo, who we couldn't afford in the summer, is going to tear up the remaining 2 years of a lucrative 3 year contract to take a pay cut and return to the CG where he got slaggeed off by many in the crowd. I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings Bob, but I don't think it works like that. Willo's basically a lower league striker he should do alright for Donny in Div 4, if they do drop.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7090 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 14:40:23 »

I would imagine he has a relegation clause. I don't believe Donny are amazing payers, I reckon he'd take a cut to come back here but I still doubt we'd be able to meet demands he has.

But it's a moot point anyway, I don't think we'll go for him.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7091 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 14:49:32 »

I would imagine he has a relegation clause. I don't believe Donny are amazing payers, I reckon he'd take a cut to come back here but I still doubt we'd be able to meet demands he has.

But it's a moot point anyway, I don't think we'll go for him.

AW will be 30 at the start of the season...not our sort of thing even if, willing to pay. When his Donny contract expires he'll be 32.  We'd be more likely to sign the AW equivalent at the Hereford academy, if they've got one.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7092 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 14:54:37 »

Just going on Williams statement that he was joining Doncaster with a view to challenging for promotion.
So, if they do get relegated, then he might not be happy playing at LG2 level, plus Donny could be looking at cutting costs.

On that basis, he could be worth the offer of a one year shit or bust contract plus the fee,
and Power has shown willing to break the wage structure re Ajose.
The potential return with Williams being a 15-20 goal gamble and at least a play off challenge as opposed to any resale value.

Having said that, can't see it happening, but at least we would know what we were getting.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #7093 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 14:58:57 »

He didn't do that badly scoring that goal against Shitty going past a few players in a tight penalty area (including Flint) and putting the ball in the bottom corner...

He just hated being up front on his own....along with every striker that's at the club.

So one game out of how many??? (Flint has a turning circle of an articulated lorry also)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #7094 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 20:55:13 »

So one game out of how many??? (Flint has a turning circle of an articulated lorry also)
Summer of69 could have given several examples of matches in which Smith played very well in last season, aside from the City winner I remember him most fondly for the double in the play off 2nd leg.

Yes, he has his flaws but lets not pretend he wasn't of any use last season because he certainly was. It has rightly been pointed out we could have done with him rather than the ineffective Hylton the past few weeks.
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: