Pages: 1 ... 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4343359 times)
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #5460 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 18:25:52 »

Not exactly up there with his debut for Swindon for Peter Brezovan. Letting in 5 away to Forest Green

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #5461 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 18:32:51 »

can't be many UK football teams further away from Swindon than Ross County who apparently boast 3 ex town players Jake Jervis, Rafa De Vita and Jamie Reckord who -  unbelievably in view of his performances at The County Ground last season - notched the winner against Dundee today. Simon Ferry got on as sub for the last 10 minutes for Dundee which surely make it a major contender for Scottish Premier League game that featured the most ex Swindon players ever.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5462 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:43:36 »

It's a nice little place, Dingwall and the scenery around it is amazing (as it is pretty much all over Scotland). The population is only 5,500 approx so to be surviving in the SPL (yes I know it's 'only' the SPL but nevertheless...) is pretty amazing
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5463 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:56:07 »

It's a nice little place, Dingwall and the scenery around it is amazing (as it is pretty much all over Scotland). The population is only 5,500 approx so to be surviving in the SPL (yes I know it's 'only' the SPL but nevertheless...) is pretty amazing

Recently, I was idly speculating about the historic Scottish counties/shires, having been to all English and Welsh....Ross County as in Ross and Cromarty stretched across to the Hebrides. I've been to most of the Scottish, but there are some oddities which would be worth visiting like Wigtownshire and Kircudbrightshire.....Nairn is another funny little one which I've missed.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5464 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:09:14 »

Here's some trivia...

If you type in 'Wigtownshire' in google and do a map search, it gives you the precise location down to the nearest millimeter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society in North London.
If you do the same thing with 'Kircudbrightshire', it shows you the location of Hoseasons Holidays in Lowestoft.

How does that work?

I've been to Scotland a fair few times and 99% of it is breathtakingly beautiful. I'm useless on the counties though. I've definitely done Wigtownshire without knowing it (I've been to Stranraer) but I don't think I've been to Kircudbrightshire.

I love Scotland*.

*The only problem is, it's full of Jocks.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5465 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:11:43 »

Bloody big problem though
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5466 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:12:24 »

Bloody big problem though
Yep.
kerry red

« Reply #5467 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:16:38 »

Many, many years ago I spent some time in Machrahanish, nearest town Campletown.

Amazingly gorgeous place spoilt only by McCartney and Wings with Mull of Kintyre.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5468 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 20:27:28 »

I've been to Scotland a fair few times and 99% of it is breathtakingly beautiful. I'm useless on the counties though. I've definitely done Wigtownshire without knowing it (I've been to Stranraer) but I don't think I've been to Kircudbrightshire.

Here they are..
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5469 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 21:00:54 »

Many, many years ago I spent some time in Machrahanish, nearest town Campletown.

Amazingly gorgeous place spoilt only by McCartney and Wings with Mull of Kintyre.
The Mull Of Kintyre is an amazing place. When we were there you could still see the scars in the earth from the Chinook crash about 4 years previously. You could also see right across to Northern Ireland.

I reckon I've been to about 20 out of those 30 counties Reg. I'll never remember all the names though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5470 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 21:10:06 »

The Mull Of Kintyre is an amazing place. When we were there you could still see the scars in the earth from the Chinook crash about 4 years previously. You could also see right across to Northern Ireland.

I reckon I've been to about 20 out of those 30 counties Reg. I'll never remember all the names though.

I've always fancied a trip to the MoK....they are of course historic counties, and have been superceded for admin purposes, the same in Wales....not really sure in Scotland if people hang on to them like with Rutland here.

Then there's the 32 counties of Ireland...
kerry red

« Reply #5471 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 12:20:26 »

Has Brad Smith resurfaced anywhere, yet?
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #5472 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 13:41:28 »

I agree, fantastic scenery.  Flew in there on occasions from Lyneham.
kerry red

« Reply #5473 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 14:08:08 »

The one and only time I volunteered for anything - month's detachment.
CalRed45

Ignore
« Reply #5474 on: Sunday, March 1, 2015, 18:01:33 »

Some news on Tyreke Johnson, the lad that joined Southampton in August surfaced today that may be of interest to some of you, was given the choice of first team football at Town this season or join Southampton's academy. Should he make the first team at Southampton we net £1.3m which is a tidy figure. Jamaica keen for him to link up with them now too so maybe in the future we will see some of that money.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: