Pages: 1 ... 856 857 858 [859] 860 861 862 ... 1220   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4327287 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #12870 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 09:37:43 »

Kid's head must be in pieces. Might take a while for him to recover.

Sent from my CLT-L09
Don't start feeling sorry for him, he's stealing a living from football. He is and was useless.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #12871 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 09:42:16 »

Don't start feeling sorry for him, he's stealing a living from football. He is and was useless.
Many people will tell you he really wasn't last year for them. They can't believe what has happened to him
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12872 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 09:54:44 »

wow, tough crowd! Not sure you can completely throw his football career in the bin after 18 games for us. Yes, he didn't have a very good loan spell and had tough boots to fill after Benda, but I don't think (in general) you get signed by Man United if you are a waste of time.

I get that you can only judge a player by what he does at STFC but to say he's stealing a career might be a touch on the dramatic side.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #12873 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:01:01 »

Stealing a career is harsh. He clearly was nowhere near ready for first team football. Will he make the grade - who knows. But I can't recall us having such a weak keeper before.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12874 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:07:29 »

Many people will tell you he really wasn't last year for them. They can't believe what has happened to him

Goalkeeping is a confidence thing to a much greater extent that outfield and he was playing behind an absolute shambles, as noted previously I suspect Man United took him back for his own good.

But I can't recall us having such a weak keeper before.

Really??? I don't know where to begin!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #12875 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:10:00 »

Despite sticking up for him and wanting him to do well i am struggling to think of worse keepers. Weirdly maybe Fryers ?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #12876 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:18:17 »

Lanzano is the only other I can recall in recent memory who would rival him...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12877 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:25:20 »

Despite sticking up for him and wanting him to do well i am struggling to think of worse keepers. Weirdly maybe Fryers ?
I agree, he struggled with the basics, Lanzano, Moore and RCC are the only ones to come close, I would add Fryers but it was difficult to tell if he was truly shit or just lacking in confidence from shit managing, also he only played 4 games compaired to 21 games for Kovar in which every one he looked poor in.

To get better Kovar needs to relearn the basics like catching.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12878 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:31:04 »

Quote from: Shrivvy Road

Jimmy Glass was on par, in my hazy memory he was
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #12879 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:32:05 »

I agree, he struggled with the basics, Lanzano, Moore and RCC are the only ones to come close, I would add Fryers but it was difficult to tell if he was truly shit or just lacking in confidence from shit managing, also he only played 4 games compaired to 21 games for Kovar in which every one he looked poor in.

To get better Kovar needs to relearn the basics like catching.

we don't win the Oxford game without Kovar. So I'll give him at least one good game.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12880 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:48:08 »

we don't win the Oxford game without Kovar. So I'll give him at least one good game.
TBH I don't remember a lot about the game vs the Pox other than the winning goal, the game itself was a poor example of L1 football.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #12881 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:12:13 »

Fryer was definitely worst, no idea how someone who can barely move and gets in a head spin every time the ball rolls towards his feet expects to have a professional career.
We have had some dross down the years though, Glass was on a par with Kovar for us, Richard McKinney, Lanzano, Lonergan (with his double vision), Tony Warner, Belford, RCC, Moore and controversial but Will Henry was out of his depth when he played as well.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:15:53 by theakston2k » Logged
REDBUCK

« Reply #12882 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:35:13 »

Jimmy Glass was on par, in my hazy memory he was

Hammond made a few howlers with clearences and under the high ball.
REDBUCK

« Reply #12883 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:41:35 »

Kovar carrying on where he left off I hear with a hat-trick of cock ups for Utd youth this evening!

Kid's head must be in pieces. Might take a while for him to recover.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Plenty of work for Man U to do, you can see the goals on Youtube. Some very familiar errors.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #12884 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 14:50:57 »

I can think of several really bad keepers in my time as a fan
1970s Alan Spratley
Early 1980s (I think) Scott Endersby
More recently, the Belford brothers and Reece Charles-Cook , plus of course Fryer.
I think the above were worse than Kovar - he wasn’t a success by any means, and needed replacing, but by the end some on here and elsewhere would blame him for any goal conceded, and probably would have put last Saturday’s two down to him had he still been in goal rather than Travers - look back at some matchday threads if you think I’m exaggerating.
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 858 [859] 860 861 862 ... 1220   Go Up
Print
Jump to: