Pages: 1 ... 819 820 821 [822] 823 824 825 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4338046 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12315 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 10:10:27 »

James Collins hits a hattrick for Luton vs Norwich yesterday, Benda made the bench for Swansea in their defeat at Newport where Twine managed over 80 mins on the pitch and Harry Smith scored for Northampton.

I did see Twine running around on the highlights and seemed to be involved a lot. James Collins has been a consistent striker for Luton and a shame Swindon never kept hold of him

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12316 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 10:13:22 »

I did see Twine running around on the highlights and seemed to be involved a lot. James Collins has been a consistent striker for Luton and a shame Swindon never kept hold of him
Collins was on huge wages and we needed him off the books at the time, best target man style striker we have had since Sammy Parkin.

Newport fans liked Twine.

Solid debut

Interesting that he played behind the strikers in the hole in front of midfield.He did well with one long shot,not sure how close it was but,a steady debut.

Excuse the awful pun, but it seems we have another string to our bow in midfield?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12317 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 10:15:35 »

Collins was on huge wages and we needed him off the books at the time, best target man style striker we have had since Sammy Parkin.

Agree Collins was a class act and I hope Twine gets a run in the first team and really comes on this season

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12318 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 12:08:05 »

Yates scores from a penalty and Blackpool look quite decent despite the final score

« Last Edit: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 12:36:10 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #12319 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 12:49:49 »

OMG They’ve already started their own Twine thread!!  Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12320 on: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 14:21:10 »

TBF, Twine did look pretty decent in the highlights of the game last night, he put a great ball through for their 2nd? goal yesterday and also set up their first by keeping a ball in play with a header at the far post.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12321 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 10:20:11 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8705243/Sheffield-United-complete-swoop-Derby-duo-Jayden-Bogle-Max-Lowe-combined-fee-11m.html

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bogle-lowe-derby-blades-move-4491303

Bogle to Sheff Utd confirmed.

Combined fee of £11m.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12322 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 10:24:32 »

£10m for Bogle and Lowe, so that deal will be built to maximise Derby’s cash not ours

Yup.

Bet they've Luongo'd us as mentioned elsewhere
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12323 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 10:30:54 »

Bet they've Luongo'd us as mentioned elsewhere
Funny you should say that, here are the views of Derby fans who concur that may well have happened.

Pretty much exactly the way I see it, bar your observations on Jayden's fee. It appears Bogle's price may be being marked down with Lowe's artificially inflated by the corresponding amount. Swindon have a significant sell-on percentage due to them, so selling Jayden for £5M vs £10M would effectively halve the fee payable. It won't be the first time this has happened, nor the last.

It's not a practice I'm entirely in favour of, if I'm honest, but if we accept that in this financial climate, needs must, then as long as we get £10M+ add-on's for the pair of them, Jayden's sell price is moot. That said, there is a rub...

Moral considerations aside, I'm not entirely certain this is fiscally prudent as it may well mean that for a while at least, we will find structuring deals with a lower upfront figure far harder. if clubs are aware that if we can wriggle out of part or even all of the fee, we will, they'll be reticent to offer such terms. That would mean not only higher upfront fees, but also a heightened risk profile as a consequence.

I hope this is being considered carefully. I don't recall the sell-on % Swindon applied, but at 15%, we'd only actually be saving £750K. My fear is that this may end up costing us a deal more in the long run than we save in the short term, unless of course, our scouting and recruitment is bombproof moving forwards. A lesser consideration, but a consideration nonetheless, would be that it also gives that absolute toilet of a newspaper,  the Daily Fail, that bamford Gibson and all our other detractors, yet another opportunity to drag our name through the mud, rightly or wrongly.

And some more views, the best of the rest condensed.
No, no, no! £12m for Lowe, £3m for Bogle so just around 500k for Swindon. That is unless a compromise deal was done with Swindon since Bogles' transfer - then the fees would be the other way round.

£14mil for Max Lowe and £1mil for Jayden Bogle would be good, sorry Swindon.

Not noticed anyone panicking but there's some concern simply because if Bogle goes for anywhere near £10m in a joint £15m deal, potentially that could mean between £2m and £3m to Swindon by way of a sell-on fee.

If we inflate the Lowe value to avoid sell on fees to Swindon for Bogle, Swindon might complain to the EFL threatening legal action so the EFL charge us for fudging P&S over valuations of players based with no firm case. Not sure where I’ve seen this before?  

We aren't going to RIP swindon off. Can we just nip that in the bud at this point.
When the deals goes through I'm sure we will have all sorts of fans from our club and others spamming Swindon twitter telling them 100% they have been ripped off by the devil that is dcfc.
Utter rubbish. Nothing but speculation and very damaging speculation at that. Any of our fans repeating and reporting that we are doing this as fact is potentially sowing seeds for your above scenario to happen. Although with some of our fans I think they would secretly love it to happen.

I'll take 1m for Bogle and 19m for Lowe. Don't want Swindon taking all our fee.  

I sincerely hope that DCFC haven't structured the deal in a way that stiffs Swindon. Think it sets a dangerous precendent and would make other clubs reluctant to deal with us for young talent in the future.
In an environment where we're all complaining that the Prem money doesn't trickle down as much as it should, we should be setting an example of how to do business here.  

I don't think Mel is that type of guy. Accountancy 'loopholes' yes, fiddling lower league clubs, no.

Flashheart

« Reply #12324 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 10:35:20 »

I sincerely hope that DCFC haven't structured the deal in a way that stiffs Swindon. Think it sets a dangerous precendent and would make other clubs reluctant to deal with us for young talent in the future.

Unfortunately the precedent has already been set. By us, as far as I know.

I do think it's a loophole that should be addressed, although there's no way that will happen in time for this deal. If there is such a deal.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12325 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 10:38:12 »

Allegedly.

Think the guy means about players coming through academies etc
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12326 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 10:39:40 »

Anyway, lets face it, we’ll never know what happens, and if the previous alleged sellons and where they allegedly went (ritchie etc) it wont be going to the club anyway!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12327 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 10:40:15 »

Unfortunately the precedent has already been set. By us, as far as I know.

I do think it's a loophole that should be addressed, although there's no way that will happen in time for this deal. If there is such a deal.
Unfortunately so on all fronts, that said its still a windfall of at least £300k even if they take it as £1m, which I don't think they will.

Its a tough one to call but hopefully common sense will prevail by Derby although I doubt it will as money for all clubs is tight.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #12328 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 10:41:53 »

Anyway, lets face it, we’ll never know what happens, and if the previous alleged sellons and where they allegedly went (ritchie etc) it wont be going to the club anyway!
Yes none of us know the actual structure of the payments or even who they will be to.

The club itself may in theory see a figure of £0 if the fee goes to Barry/Standing/Power/AN Other investor.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12329 on: Monday, September 7, 2020, 10:45:20 »

Yes none of us know the actual structure of the payments or even who they will be to.

The club itself may in theory see a figure of £0 if the fee goes to Barry/Standing/Power/AN Other investor.

In the court case, it was mentioned that the sale of the club to the American was dependent on the Bogle potential windfall, if anything further happens with this we should have an idea if we are getting some $
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 821 [822] 823 824 825 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: