Pages: 1 ... 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4340503 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12180 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 08:21:26 »

and then the fans begin to turn. Fickle in all footy but very fragile at Lytham St. Annes.

To me,  Blackpool fans are beginning to mimic the fans of Salford  and even Bradford fans post Xmas last season, and look where it got them, he who laughs last ..................

Where has this idea where Blackpool fans are any more fickle than any other fans come from. When one considers the shit show they have had to put up with for c.9 years and see how many have stuck around whilst they piss me off in some ways, in others good luck to them for sticking with it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12181 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 08:24:10 »

I don't know how anybody can make any predictions about Blackpool when their manager has managed a grand total of 4 games.

Any only won 1 of them.
Flashheart

« Reply #12182 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 08:30:11 »

Any only won 1 of them.

And lost two.

One could take from that that Blackpool are in for a terrible season. You won't catching me making such claims, though, because judging somebody either way after so few games would be ridiculous...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12183 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 08:41:56 »

Wellens won 3 of his first 4 games in charge of Town only losing the very first one, we could see after that that he was the "chosen one" whereas Chritchley's record is exactly the opposite.

I don't begreudge Blackpool fans for having faith in him and their club, as you state they have been through the shit the last 10 years or so with the Oystens but its them giving it "the large one" as they say, and with little substance to back that opinion up that I find somewhat ill informed, much like Bradford fans last season.

A sense of entitlement due entirely to them spending a bit of money early doors and pre salary cap, general posturing and arrogance of the ill informed football fan who can look no further than the end of his own nose and believes the hype that the local press have told them to expect success.

I much prefer our "coming up on the rails" approach of coming up as the surprise team without the hullabaloo associated with them.

There are a lot good teams in our division with no totally outstanding teams, all the teams relegated have problems off the pitch and the so called "big teams" have done nothing in the transfer stakes to show they mean business this season, we beat the L1 champions from last seaosn Saturday and when we played out first team against a very strong Coventry team we outpassed and outplayed them all over the pitch.

Its not bravado to say that we can give the best teams in this division a good game and all it takes is a good rn of form and who knows what can happen. Although the division is full of good teams I see nothing to genuinely fear.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #12184 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 09:02:31 »

It's not just them. Some on here seem to think they are going to do well also. But on what basis? I'm genuinely baffled.

They could have the best squad by far and not challenge if the manager is not up to it. He might turn out to be the best manager to ever exist. He could also turn out to be another Luke Williams or wassisface MacDonald from Villa.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12185 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 09:05:19 »

It's not just them. Some on here seem to think they are going to do well also. But on what basis? I'm genuinely baffled.

They could have the best squad by far and not challenge if the manager is not up to it. He might turn out to be the best manager to ever exist. He could also turn out to be another Luke Williams or wassisface MacDonald from Villa.
Absolutely.

I don't get it either, they may do well but I see no reason other than buying a couple of proven L2 players that they will do anything this coming season.

They also have a huge squad that needs a lot of players offloading due to the squad limit size now imposed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12186 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 09:44:34 »

I agree Charlton & Wigan are unknown because of their off the field activities but historically they always seem to bounce back from relegation.
Both are currently in a fight to start the season, never mind anything else.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12187 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 09:46:56 »

Where has this idea where Blackpool fans are any more fickle than any other fans come from. When one considers the shit show they have had to put up with for c.9 years and see how many have stuck around whilst they piss me off in some ways, in others good luck to them for sticking with it.
If anything, given the shit they've had to put up with, they must be some of the least fickle fans in football.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #12188 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 10:15:03 »

Putting a fiver on Blackpool to get promoted.

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12189 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 10:16:30 »

Awaiting reaction . . .

Gone fishin’
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12190 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 10:50:18 »

I only know 2 Blackpool players.

A policy of youth may take a bit of time to mature, assuming they don't sell them at first opportunity.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #12191 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 10:51:23 »

Not really.  It's fun to speculate how each team may get on this season but it's largely based on guesswork at the end of the day.  My guess is that Blackpool may do well.  I can afford to lose five quid if they don't.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12192 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 10:51:57 »

Putting a fiver on Blackpool to get promoted.

What's the rest of their squad looking like?

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12193 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 10:59:18 »

No fucking idea. Just looking for a bite.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12194 on: Monday, August 17, 2020, 11:12:35 »

No fucking idea. Just looking for a bite.

Better options than them

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: