Pages: 1 ... 801 802 803 [804] 805 806 807 ... 1220   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4327207 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12045 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 05:48:18 »

Wes is good enough to play in the Premier League.

There I said it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12046 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 05:56:00 »

Also after Henderson (who is only on loan) Sheffield United don’t have a great selection of keepers. Eastwood, Verrips and Moore.

Apart from Moore who has played both games against against Manchester United (conceding 3 both games) Phil Jagielka is Sheffield United’s most experienced Premier League goal keeper.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #12047 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 05:57:37 »

WF was a good player for STFC. I am not entirely sure how one can say he is better than keeper X or Y on the basis of watching him play in the English lower leagues. He played for Rangers which is great, but were most appearances in the Scottish lower leagues?  Also, isn’t the Scottish prem supposed to be on a par with the championship/league one?

Nothing to see here
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #12048 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 06:08:48 »

Also any views on his time at STFC should perhaps take into account that he played in a team that was one of the strongest in the bottom two divisions.  The relative success at that time may impact upon the way you think about his abilities.

I confess, I haven’t seen his performances for Rangers as the new club rose through the ranks and I appreciate that others may have detailed knowledge of how he has performed since he left.

Nothing to see here
Panda Paws

« Reply #12049 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 07:58:20 »

You're all the experts on here obviously. Having carved out successful careers in the game.

For me Heaton got a good move at Burnley at the right time, the following year they got promoted. So what in the fuck was wrong with me saying Wes could do similar by joining say Brentford (or another) and being their No.1? Wes would be a similar age as Heaton was when he moved to Burnley. I believe Wes is about 28 and Heaton is 34?

Fabianski was never Arsenals No.1 but in 7 seasons there you would expect him to at least get around 100 apps. Don't think he managed 50 in the league. A bench warmer. His Polish selection for a long time was as a No.3 or No.2 and when he has appeared for them, it has been a few games at a time. Most likely due to injury. So a nice bit of luck for him. I think one season he had 10 apps due to the injured Szczesny but reverted back to just a few per season again. It's hardly like challenging for the England No.1 jersey is it. Yet again not a regular No.1 at International level and over 14 years 50 apps is pretty low considering the amount of qualifiers/friendlies. Most keepers with that many years under their belt get around 80 apps. Someone like Seaman springs to mind. Things got a bit more consistent for Fabianski when he moved to Swansea. A club that would struggle in the Prem at the lower end. But it was his first true sense of being a regular No.1 in the top flight....when did this happen? Oh around 6 years, when he was about 29/30, so chose the correct move to become a regular No.1 but it has stayed at that lower end of the Premier League, moving on from Swansea when they got relegated to West Ham, who also tend to flirt with relegation every season. I see no different being a keeper moving from a relegated Prem Club and joining a promoted Champ club, to a keeper joining a promoted from the Champ club or a club that is 'on the up'. Just protecting their interests first but also showing that they want regular game time. Fabianski can't get that higher up which is why he plays at the bottom end AS A No.1. He could quite easily have been stuck in top end Champ squad.

So on to my last 'similar' pick. Matty Ryan. Well again, in International terms Australia isn't quite Argentina. (Just a reminder that fucking Vigoroux has international selection under his belt, where's he playing? Hmmm ).

I'll give him his dues though, his International caps to games ratio already surpassed the great Fabianski and has 6 years on him to boot. So I'll put my hands up on that one. But again there are similarities regarding career moves/stagnation. Played in the Belgian Prem which isn't known for retaining its better players (they tend to come here or Spain) and indeed he signed for Valencia in La Liga but again was never seen as or considered to be a No.1. He only started the 20 or so apps due the injury of the No.1. That's what a back up is for but yet again we are talking about keepers who want to play as a No.1 so make a move accordingly. In a similar vein of not so shocking action. Ryan, moved to Brighton as they were promoted to the Premier League.

In all three cases, these keepers have at key career points, all chose to move to perceivably smaller clubs (Fab: Ars-Swan, Hea: Card-Burn, Ryan; Val-Bri) at that moment in time to ensure that they become the No.1 at their club.

So why then, at a key career point is it so seemingly 'nuts' that Foderingham could make a move that sees him join a club smaller than Rangers, yet play at a better standard as a regular No.1?

The Alex McCarthy comment is fairly moot because if you listened to the OGPC w Si Ferry then it may give you an insight into why, and seemingly for no other reason than and I quote the manager saying to him 'you're not my kind of guy'. Foderingham hasn't even been given a fair chance under Gerrard and those reasons seem to go deeper. Incredibly harsh and you can't really prove your ability if the manager has decided to freeze you out purely on personality (or possibly other reasons) and not for football ability reasons.

It does seem some of you love to just agree with others on here because you 'know them more'. Quick to pop out at the first minute something is said different. Yet incredibly quiet the rest of the time. Never coming into agreeance when say my opinion mirrors that of whoever you are halfway up the anus of. Strange that isn't it?  Hmmm Could never be a yes man.

As I say, you're all the experts here. Especially good old Chang. Must be so clever sitting on the fence all the time waiting for an opportunity. Shame. Thought you had your own backbone and not propped up on the back of others comments.

Of course, rather than forming your own opinion, it's much easier to just say 'I agree with Nick'.

After the bullshit thrown from someone like Valid Pint and their stalker like tendencies, along with several bouts of racism recently, I'm considering going anyway. Someone wanting to personally track the comment count of myself is far too close to home to things that have happened in my real life recently. So if having posters like Valid Pint, Sir Dread Ken, Mother Brown, Hobodan (Valid Pint) and suchlike is more preferable then fill your fucking boots. I'm pretty sure some will rejoice.

See ya.

#BunchOfCunts

That's quite some way to deal with someone having a differing opionion to yours.

I have no idea if Wes is good enough to play in the Prem. I haven't watched him play a minute of football for 5 years.

I do know that it's ludicrous to say Rangers' number 2 GK is better than three goalkeepers who are absolutely proven in PL and at international level.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #12050 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 08:07:05 »

“Stalker like tendencies”

Flashheart

« Reply #12051 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 08:07:38 »

Did he flounce?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12052 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 08:31:04 »

Great move for Wes, an opportunity to push for a 1st choice position depending on who they bring in to replace Henderson he has a great opportunity to prove himself, and how successful he is will depend on his attitude and determination to maximise his career.  I agree with what most has said, but we are all guilty of viewing Wes through rose tinted glasses because of how well he did for us and how popular he was - one of the best keepers we have had at the club, but we are a fanbase used to L1/L2 level players so we are probably not the best judges..

Bamboo needs to take some time away from the forum I think, viewing his posts over the past few days it looks to me like this has been building up, with the encouragement of a few WUM's on here.  He probably needs to take his own advice and talk to somebody..  either that or masturbate more Smiley

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #12053 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:01:33 »

I would be fitting for Bamboo to flounce with a fucking tome.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12054 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:03:57 »

Bamboo needs to take some time away from the forum I think, viewing his posts over the past few days it looks to me like this has been building up, with the encouragement of a few WUM's on here.  He probably needs to take his own advice and talk to somebody..  either that or masturbate more Smiley
Taking care to keep the two activities at separate times.

FWIW, I have no idea how Wes would do in the Premiership but I wish him the best of luck.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12055 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:12:39 »

I have been reading the Rangers forum as I do when we have any target/ex player and they all think Wes has been treated unfairly by gerrard and should have been Gers first choice keeper ahead of Mcgregor and say that he has probably made 1 or 2 mistakes in total in the 100+ games he has played in for them.

Almost every poster has agreed with just 1 or 2 saying hes not good enough, mostly from what I can see based up being hes not Scottish.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12056 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:16:33 »

I have been reading the Rangers forum as I do when we have any target/ex player and they all think Wes has been treated unfairly by gerrard
Seen this said a few times and hints at some kind of rift with Gerrard, is there any substance to this? i.e. does anyone know what lies behind this supposed rift? I'm usually minded to regard such reports as being sour grapes from a player who's been dropped (or their agent) tbh.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12057 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:36:34 »

Seen this said a few times and hints at some kind of rift with Gerrard, is there any substance to this? i.e. does anyone know what lies behind this supposed rift? I'm usually minded to regard such reports as being sour grapes from a player who's been dropped (or their agent) tbh.
Wes has hinted that he will speak about it when he is settled with his new club, he felt very hard done by though apparently so I am guessing a heated falling out happened.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #12058 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:38:26 »

Who was the manager who initially benched Wes the season before Gerrard turned up?

Warburton signed him but then left. A good reason why QPR should be a destination for him now
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12059 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 09:48:32 »

Wes played 33 games under Murty the season before the arrival of Gerrard and he only played in 13 games under him.

It was Gerrard who dropped Wes.

Pages: 1 ... 801 802 803 [804] 805 806 807 ... 1220   Go Up
Print
Jump to: