Pages: 1 ... 768 769 770 [771] 772 773 774 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4343531 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11550 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 16:46:57 »

There are at least 2 keepers better in L2 and both here. If he can avoid the usual pitfalls he should do fine.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #11551 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 16:47:24 »

Louis Thompson recalled by Norwich from Shrewsbury citing a lack of playing time
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11552 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 16:48:13 »

I'm sure Embleton will keep them in check.
Did such a fine job of it here.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #11553 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:01:27 »

Vigs has joined Leyton Orient on a free transfer - good signing for them - he will be 1st choice after their keep got a bad injury
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11554 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:22:18 »

There are at least 2 keepers better in L2 and both here. If he can avoid the usual pitfalls he should do fine.

I agree. A bit of a reality check for Vigs.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11555 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:28:12 »

Thing is that that the real reason he will have signed for them is that they’d be the only club in London that wanted him which is really all he is interested in.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11556 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:32:15 »

Thing is that that the real reason he will have signed for them is that they’d be the only club in London that wanted him which is really all he is interested in.
Absolutely, get away from the unrest in Chile, move back to London. Probably on way less wages than he turned down to stay at Swindon too.

Manage him well and he is a decent keeper, I never saw the "great keeper" many Town fans suggested he was but he could do well for them but L2 or at best L1 is his level for the near future.

As long as you have a manager than can cope with his frequent tantrums, at least Ling and Embleton know him I guess.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11557 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:34:04 »

Absolutely, get away from the unrest in Chile, move back to London. Probably on way less wages than he turned down to stay at Swindon too.

Manage him well and he is a decent keeper, I never saw the "great keeper" many Town fans suggested he was but he could do well for them but L2 or at best L1 is his level for the near future.

As long as you have a manager than can cope with his frequent tantrums, at least Ling and Embleton know him I guess.
Thing is he’s a keeper that will cost you at least 5 goals a season from dicking around as well.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #11558 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:34:29 »

Vigs needs a club half-way through a season in possibly the trickiest position to arrive and get a game pretty much straight away.

He's found one in his hometown with several coaches he's already worked with. Seems like a no brainer to me even if other clubs were interested.

Of course, it's easy for us to fold our arms and say 'attitude, attitude, attidue' but he's lightyears away from, say, Nile Ranger and he managed a 9 year career before the contract offers stopped coming in.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11559 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:35:35 »

Thing is he’s a keeper that will cost you at least 5 goals a season from dicking around as well.
True that.

I hope he costs Orient most of those 5 when he turns up at the CG in April Smiley

Peter Venkman

« Reply #11560 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:46:08 »

A couple of comments from Orient fans.

Great keeper and even better signing. Will be ridiculous for this league

Saw him a few times for Swindon and he's a top 'keeper for this level - this is the most I've been buzzing about a signing since Romuald Boco

No idea about him - some of the comments from Swindon and Oxford fans are a bit worrying - but looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Obviously never heard of the new guy. Does anyone know if his English is up to scratch?

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11561 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 18:05:30 »

A couple of comments from Orient fans.

Ridiculous signing for this league? He spent the previous 2 seasons at this level and not always as a first choice either.

Ultimately we’ve ended up with Benda who is better already.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #11562 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 18:27:39 »

Good luck to him. I never saw him as a great keeper either, simply because he was a flamboyant shot stopper, and good with his feet - but he failed to command his area consistently and well, and was erratic in his positioning. Not in the same class as Fods, and on the basis of the few games I’ve seen, the BFG. But I don’t get the animosity - in the LS podcast I thought he came across well, and admitted he’d not always conducted himself as he would have hoped. A good result for him is to become a consistent lower league keeper.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11563 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 18:28:31 »

Love the way Oxford fans have this bizarre obsession with him
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #11564 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 22:54:28 »

Love the way Oxford fans have this bizarre obsession with him

They still toss it off over Constable too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 770 [771] 772 773 774 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: