Pages: 1 ... 763 764 765 [766] 767 768 769 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4338031 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11475 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 09:58:30 »

Very unprofessional, could explain his tiredness he used to show after about 60 to 70 minutes in every game.

What players do in their spare time is their business, don't think you should carp about it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11476 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 10:32:15 »

What players do in their spare time is their business, don't think you should carp about it.
Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #11477 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 10:42:09 »

Very unprofessional, could explain his tiredness he used to show after about 60 to 70 minutes in every game.

Is fishing tiring? to me it seems like hes doing fuck all sat next to a lake instead of doing fuck all at home.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11478 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 10:45:36 »

Is fishing tiring? to me it seems like hes doing fuck all sat next to a lake instead of doing fuck all at home.

But wouldn't he be out until the early hours of the morning? So instead of doing fuck all at home and then getting a good night's sleep he's doing fuck all sat next to a lake and going to kip at 3am giving him a small amount of sleep before a game.

Obviously nobody has any idea what he does when fishing, as you say he could go out for a couple of hours, but he could also be out all night.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11479 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 10:53:02 »

But wouldn't he be out until the early hours of the morning? So instead of doing fuck all at home and then getting a good night's sleep he's doing fuck all sat next to a lake and going to kip at 3am giving him a small amount of sleep before a game.

Obviously nobody has any idea what he does when fishing, as you say he could go out for a couple of hours, but he could also be out all night.

But he mentions it takes his mind off the tribulations of football..... mindfullness is just as important for footballers as any other worker.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11480 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 11:07:51 »

No-one has said he's out fishing before a game, that's just BO misreading I think? The article talks about him going out the night before training, but after a day off. Maybe he had a kip in the afternoon of his day off before going out night fishing, maybe he kips while he's fishing, who knows? Given he's talking about it in a national newspaper, I assume his manager and all the Conditioning/Sports Science staff that even League 1 clubs like Colchester (or L2 like Swindon) employ to keep players in good condition are all OK with it, so what's the problem?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11481 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 11:11:07 »

No-one has said he's out fishing before a game, that's just BO misreading I think? The article talks about him going out the night before training, but after a day off. Maybe he had a kip in the afternoon of his day off before going out night fishing, maybe he kips while he's fishing, who knows? Given he's talking about it in a national newspaper, I assume his manager and all the Conditioning/Sports Science staff that even League 1 clubs like Colchester (or L2 like Swindon) employ to keep players in good condition are all OK with it, so what's the problem?

Sorry yes I actually meant before training. Good point re the sleeping in the afternoon, footballers generally finish training around 2 ish don't they?

It wouldn't be a big deal for me personally, I'd rather he did that than go out on the lash or whatever!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11482 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 11:17:27 »

Sorry yes I actually meant before training. Good point re the sleeping in the afternoon, footballers generally finish training around 2 ish don't they?

It wouldn't be a big deal for me personally, I'd rather he did that than go out on the lash or whatever!
Just seemed like loads of people piling on for no real good reason tbh, other than they didn't like him when he was here. As you say, there's plenty worse things that footballers do to relax between matches, bizarre for fans to be getting outraged at this "Look at him! Supposed to be a professional athlete and there he is relaxing by a fucking lake! The bastard!"
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #11483 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 11:18:11 »

I am not talking about that article, i didn't mention it actually. I mentioned he used to go night fishing then come straight to training while here at Swindon. In my opinion very unprofessional that's all as there is no way you sleep well or at all when you go night fishing
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #11484 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 11:19:28 »

Just seemed like loads of people piling on for no real good reason tbh, other than they didn't like him when he was here. As you say, there's plenty worse things that footballers do to relax between matches, bizarre for fans to be getting outraged at this "Look at him! Supposed to be a professional athlete and there he is relaxing by a fucking lake! The bastard!"
So you think it's normal for professional footballers to stay up all night before training ?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #11485 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 11:37:14 »

He's made a ROD for his own back there
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11486 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:00:06 »

So you think it's normal for professional footballers to stay up all night before training ?
Like I say, given he's repeatedly mentioned this in national newspapers presumably his successive managers (and their sports science staff) have been OK with it. If they are OK with it, why are you getting your knickers in a knot about it? Not like he's out snorting coke and partying all night is it?
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #11487 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:04:05 »

So many people are rising to the bait here
Flashheart

« Reply #11488 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:07:28 »

It is something that should be tackled, though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11489 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:09:44 »

So many people are rising to the bait here
Have to be honest, I fell for it hook, line and sinker
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 765 [766] 767 768 769 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: