Pages: 1 ... 699 700 701 [702] 703 704 705 ... 1210   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4278830 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #10515 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 18:19:34 »

great finish. Pity he can't do it outside Norn Iron.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10516 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 18:57:16 »

great finish. Pity he can't do it outside Norn Iron.
If you read his interview about his time at Swindon you can understand why he was so unhappy at Swindon, the club treated him pretty badly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #10517 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 19:07:25 »

If you read his interview about his time at Swindon you can understand why he was so unhappy at Swindon, the club treated him pretty badly.

I probably read the same article and thought he came across as wanting his hand held 24/7. He probably got the same treatment every lower league footballer gets but was expecting to be treated like a king.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10518 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 19:08:51 »

Agree. Shocking form from us. I thought we did resettlement and integration better than that. While everyone can say "they are still men, doing what they love", etc. I have worked in roles where the company have gone beyond to make sure you are settling in (not pandering or cotton wool either). If anything, in pro sports, I imagined it would be top end. In this case it certainly seems not. Of course, some people just do not settle well and aren't cut out for living away from their home/roots. Combination of this with Jordan but there was much more the club could've done to help and and not a lot of extra cost either. Just compassion may have gone a long way.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10519 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 09:51:12 »

Slightly tenuous but sister of former player/manager.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/46493265
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #10520 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 22:03:38 »

Ajose scores and Thompson sent off in Pompey home defeat to Charlton.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #10521 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 22:38:41 »

Ajose scores and Thompson sent off in Pompey home defeat to Charlton.
Ben Thompson, rather than Nathan.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #10522 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 19:34:39 »

Kevin MacDonald 'reassigned'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46561139
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10523 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 10:27:12 »

Not for the first time, he has been suspended in the past over the same problem, several ex Villa youth players have expressed that they had problem with Kev Mac as well as Ian Culverhouse when he was there too as well as Gary Karsa.

Either they are very hard with the youths or the young lads want to be mollycoddled and cant take criticism.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #10524 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 10:43:51 »

Not for the first time, he has been suspended in the past over the same problem, several ex Villa youth players have expressed that they had problem with Kev Mac as well as Ian Culverhouse when he was there too as well as Gary Karsa.

Either they are very hard with the youths or the young lads want to be mollycoddled and cant take criticism.

Probably a bit of both.
An old school approach maybe isn't the way to go these days.

Wasn't John Trollope moved on from our youth setup for giving a player a clip round the ear?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10525 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 10:46:53 »

Wasn't John Trollope moved on from our youth setup for giving a player a clip round the ear?
I know there were issues surrounding Trollope with our youths, he was a hard taskmaster and wasn't shy of giving the "Policeman type" clip round the ear if a player never followed his instructions. I heard Tom Jones did similar when coaching at Swindon College too.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10526 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 11:12:33 »

I heard Tom Jones did similar when coaching at Swindon College too.

Such treatment is not unusual.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10527 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 07:26:51 »

I know there were issues surrounding Trollope with our youths, he was a hard taskmaster and wasn't shy of giving the "Policeman type" clip round the ear if a player never followed his instructions. I heard Tom Jones did similar when coaching at Swindon College too.

I’ll ask him shall I? Drinks in my local and was on a St. John’s first aid course with my Mrs. She calls him Tim Jones every time we see him in the pub.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #10528 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 15:23:43 »

cox, el-abd, montano, and obviously wes thomas could have been written before ko
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10529 on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 16:14:53 »

If this has been linked before, my apologies.  My brother in law (Rangers fan) pointed me in the direction of Si Ferry's series of podcasts - mainly a series of interviews he holds with Scottish football greats.  But for the Christmas Specials the table is turned and Chic Young interviews him.  Brilliant stuff - especially when it comes to his relationship with Di Canio.
Enjoy.

Si Ferry: Open Goal
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 16:16:50 by Ardiles » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 701 [702] 703 704 705 ... 1210   Go Up
Print
Jump to: