Pages: 1 ... 666 667 668 [669] 670 671 672 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293357 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10020 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 08:27:04 »

Fair point. He's already 24, so like Wes would be a free agent.

Indeed. That said, wouldn’t it be nice for a change for a player, In this case LV to have an immensely sucessful season, show his gratitude to the club and management and sign a new 2-3 contract and progress his career and both the clubs and his earning potential.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10021 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 08:38:10 »

Indeed. That said, wouldn’t it be nice for a change for a player, In this case LV to have an immensely sucessful season, show his gratitude to the club and management and sign a new 2-3 contract and progress his career and both the clubs and his earning potential.

It would be good.  But this is Town, we're more likely to have an injury crisis and Mildy having to dust down the gloves and make an emotional return, reliving his finest hour away at Fratton Park in 97. That's how you make yourself an STFC hero.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #10022 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 08:45:38 »

On his day Kasim was the best player on the pitch, these days were all too rare and he was just a passenger who was disinterested so much of the time and had an overinflated self worth not to mention his ego.

Shame really as I thought he could step up and push on to better things, evidently not.

I will never forget him and Luongo at Molineux.Thought it was one of our best midfield partnerships for years and years.They were both brilliant that day

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10023 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 08:50:34 »

It would be good.  But this is Town, we're more likely to have an injury crisis and Mildy having to dust down the gloves and make an emotional return, reliving his finest hour away at Fratton Park in 97. That's how you make yourself an STFC hero.

Not sure about the injury bit but the Mildy ref. I can go with.

Re the injury bit, it’s not uncommon for players dare I say fake an injury. Fingers crossed and touch wood i’m not superstitious we have a squad of harmoniousness personified this season.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #10024 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 08:51:52 »

I’d say its because Flitcroft is a massive insecure prick.

Heres what he had to say about Anderson

https://twitter.com/mansfieldtownfc/status/1024260761315692544?s=21
Love the bird next to him.Looks like she normally sits on Flitcroft's rear parcel shelf.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10025 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 09:25:34 »

Love the bird next to him.Looks like she normally sits on Flitcroft's rear parcel shelf.

Is that Carolyn Radford? She was on Question Time last month and admitted she voted to leave the EU even though she knew it would affect her business(es).

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #10026 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 09:49:57 »

I was listening to 5live last night , Mark Clements mentioned Flitcroft as being influential in John Stones career. Apparently would take him to Old Trafford to watch games and study defending whilst he was managing Barnsley. Still don’t like him though
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #10027 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 09:59:58 »

As for RCC, it seemed to me that his loss of form coincided with the bullying he got from that arsehole Matt Rhead in the second half of the away game at Lincoln.

He was shit full stop and a few camera saves masked his deficiencies for some. Many pointed out his poor positioning and the fact he never comes off his line long before this. There was a myth that his distribution was decent but all he did was kick it long and for a professional keeper his handling was shocking.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10028 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 10:03:44 »

I wonder maybe if simply more facts came to light after the event.  Can't believe I'm defending Flitcroft here, because he's a dick. But Vigs previous suggests he hasn't exactly got the best attitude himself at times.
Yes, Vigs is a dick, but that's down to Flitcroft to manage that. Man-management is a core skill of being a manager, and one Flitcroft clearly lacks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10029 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 10:03:47 »

He was shit full stop and a few camera saves masked his deficiencies for some. Many pointed out his poor positioning and the fact he never comes off his line long before this. There was a myth that his distribution was decent but all he did was kick it long and for a professional keeper his handling was shocking.
RCC did get physically attacked by Rhead at Lincoln but he is up there with the worst keepers I have ever seen in 45 years of watching the Town and thats for us and opponents keepers, Shocking keeper.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10030 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 10:05:26 »

Yes, Vigs is a dick, but that's down to Flitcroft to manage that. Man-management is a core skill of being a manager, and one Flitcroft clearly lacks
I think its easier to pick on what Flipflop did well than actualyl count his numerous flaws.

I will start.

Positive number 1.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #10031 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 10:05:41 »

I am still thinking.

Flashheart

« Reply #10032 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 10:13:19 »

Saved us from relegation? *Reg*
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10033 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 10:16:19 »

Saved us from relegation? *Reg*
Good point.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10034 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 10:18:21 »

Is that a euphemism?  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 668 [669] 670 671 672 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: