Pages: 1 ... 665 666 667 [668] 669 670 671 ... 1222   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4333035 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10005 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 19:58:16 »

I noticed her nodding along enthusiastically in agreement as well. I reckon she's trying to convince herself it'll all be alright. He's going to be under A LOT of pressure to start well.

As my Stags supporting ex work colleague says too. I can hear them sharpening the knives already. Top 5 by Christmas or else.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10006 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 20:27:54 »

I noticed her nodding along enthusiastically in agreement as well. I reckon she's trying to convince herself it'll all be alright. He's going to be under A LOT of pressure to start well.

Her tweets when they were losing last season were comedy gold
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #10007 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 20:43:00 »

Her tweets when they were losing last season were comedy gold

They should be platinum and diamond encrusted this season then.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #10008 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 21:17:37 »

From "I am the Secret Footballer":

"A new manager needs to stamp his authority on the squad quickly and to achieve this very often he will sacrifice a player... It doesn't matter if the player is capable and well liked (actually, these players are the preferred targets). The process generally involves the player being singled out for ridicule in training and made an example of at every opportunity, before being sent to train with the kids and ostracised from the first team."

Sounds familiar?

TSF goes on to say that he dislikes this approach, as it shows a complete lack of man management skills.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #10009 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 21:44:14 »

It was almost excusable with PDC, as he brought with it success, a rock solid defence and attacking with pace. It was entertaining. You also got the sense that the majority of the players PDC worked with bought into the regime and the hardline approach. You just don’t get that with Flitcroft. The Aldi Di Canio.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #10010 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 21:51:43 »

The Aldi Di Canio.

All of the flaws, none of the charisma or star power.

"Absolute Calamity!"
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #10011 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 06:52:21 »

Was Vigs a fans favourite before he fell out with Flitcroft, I always thought he seemed to be a bit of a pain in the arse with a chip on his shoulder, although I accept he became better than De Gea once Flitcroft exiled him?  Wink

Vigs was fairly popular and had been clear POTY in the previous (admittedly God-awful) season, but I think in fairness a lot of the sympathy for him came from the pathetic handling of the situation by Flitcroft.

On the Tuesday, there was apparently some fuss in the tunnel post-match. Obviously we'll never know what happened.

On the Saturday, he played, clean sheet, 3 points... happy days. Nothing was said.

On or around the following Monday, he was suspended for whatever went on the previous Tuesday, and Flitcroft immediately took delight in telling the world what a disgrace to the profession Vigs is, along with a load more moral bullshit about his upbringing and such like.

If Flitcroft saw and heard what happened, and really did feel that way about it, he should clearly have dropped him for the Saturday game. If he didn't see or hear anything, he should have kept his trap shut. Pathetic man-management which just about sums him up. As others have suggested, I think he'd be the same in any environment, and, based on what I saw, I'd never want to work for or with him under any circumstances.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10012 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 07:26:42 »

I wonder maybe if simply more facts came to light after the event.  Can't believe I'm defending Flitcroft here, because he's a dick. But Vigs previous suggests he hasn't exactly got the best attitude himself at times.

In any case he did get back into the team - whether that was Flitcrofts doing or through Power's 'mediating' we'll never know. But Vigs was always going to have to be squeaky clean thereafter, and breaking the curfew before the Barnet game didn't really help.

So yeah, it cost us big time. But it wasn't all one way, and wasn't based on a first offense. Discipline is needed.

Would love one day to hear Vigs side of things though. I bet it paints a different picture.

Either way a motivated Vigs is a great asset to have.
========
I'll be honest, after the first few games I wasn't even concerned about it. Vigs had been indifferent in form, and RCC took the chance well. Then RCC turned into Mr Jelly...

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10013 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 07:57:49 »

I wonder maybe if simply more facts came to light after the event.  Can't believe I'm defending Flitcroft here, because he's a dick. But Vigs previous suggests he hasn't exactly got the best attitude himself at times.

In any case he did get back into the team - whether that was Flitcrofts doing or through Power's 'mediating' we'll never know. But Vigs was always going to have to be squeaky clean thereafter, and breaking the curfew before the Barnet game didn't really help.

So yeah, it cost us big time. But it wasn't all one way, and wasn't based on a first offense. Discipline is needed.

Would love one day to hear Vigs side of things though. I bet it paints a different picture.

Either way a motivated Vigs is a great asset to have.
========
I'll be honest, after the first few games I wasn't even concerned about it. Vigs had been indifferent in form, and RCC took the chance well. Then RCC turned into Mr Jelly...

That Vigs had previous for getting the wrong side of gaffers was obvious.... that he doesn't have the same reputation for capability in the wider game that he has with some of our fans is also clear. He needs to get his act together, as PB has said LM is here to push him, and I don't think it will take much, for him to drop Vigs, even if it upsets Power.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #10014 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 08:02:12 »

They should be platinum and diamond encrusted this season then.

Cheesy
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #10015 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 08:02:39 »

From what I gather from a few bits and pieces online he was very well thought of at Waterford which bodes well for me.  He could have treated the move with contempt as it is clearly below his level but seems like he embraced it, knuckled down and became a fan favourite.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #10016 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 08:04:03 »

That Vigs had previous for getting the wrong side of gaffers was obvious.... that he doesn't have the same reputation for capability in the wider game that he has with some of our fans is also clear. He needs to get his act together, as PB has said LM is here to push him, and I don't think it will take much, for him to drop Vigs, even if it upsets Power.

If LV only has this season left then he becomes a free agent? That being the case the ship carrying a big money offer may have already sailed. On that basis Power may not be that upset.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #10017 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 08:08:04 »

From what I gather from a few bits and pieces online he was very well thought of at Waterford which bodes well for me.  He could have treated the move with contempt as it is clearly below his level but seems like he embraced it, knuckled down and became a fan favourite.

He loved it there too i think, seeing stuff on instagram etc
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #10018 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 08:10:43 »

One of my hopes for the coming season is that Vigs has done some 'growing up' over the past few months.  If his attitude is right, he'll be a real asset.

As for RCC, it seemed to me that his loss of form coincided with the bullying he got from that arsehole Matt Rhead in the second half of the away game at Lincoln.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10019 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 08:11:51 »

If LV only has this season left then he becomes a free agent? That being the case the ship carrying a big money offer may have already sailed. On that basis Power may not be that upset.

Fair point. He's already 24, so like Wes would be a free agent.
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 667 [668] 669 670 671 ... 1222   Go Up
Print
Jump to: