Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Tennis  (Read 30374 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #75 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 07:38:55 »

Why would I send death threats??? It’s ridiculous. I can understand why people want to support Murray, British, only chance in about 50 years we have had a home born player in with a shout of winning tennis’ greatest prize., I think he is ignorant (joking or not), that’s my opinion, you have a different opinion and that’s fine, it’s my choice not too support him, so because of that I am a retard? Erm… no I don’t believe so. Andy Murray, Great player, no doubt about that and if he wins Wimbledon everyone will forget about the ignorant comments he made and pretend he is English etc., Joking or not its hardly a professional thing to do is it? When most of your fan base will be English. Nothing wrong with being Scottish and patriotic, no issue at all but you don’t see Joe Calzaghe for example saying oh Ill cheer on anyone but the English because the welsh are brilliant? Will I be upset if Murray wins Wimbledon? No of course not I just wont be cheering him on along the way. I think you will find I am not the only “retard” of this opinion, when Murray was on centre court he has had nowhere near the backing that Henman ever had, the crowd reaction hasn’t been close, perhaps that’s because Henman was an under dog where as Murray is expected to do well, who knows?
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 08:15:06 »

Why would I send death threats??? It’s ridiculous. I can understand why people want to support Murray, British, only chance in about 50 years we have had a home born player in with a shout of winning tennis’ greatest prize., I think he is ignorant (joking or not), that’s my opinion, you have a different opinion and that’s fine, it’s my choice not too support him, so because of that I am a retard? Erm… no I don’t believe so. Andy Murray, Great player, no doubt about that and if he wins Wimbledon everyone will forget about the ignorant comments he made and pretend he is English etc., Joking or not its hardly a professional thing to do is it? When most of your fan base will be English. Nothing wrong with being Scottish and patriotic, no issue at all but you don’t see Joe Calzaghe for example saying oh Ill cheer on anyone but the English because the welsh are brilliant? Will I be upset if Murray wins Wimbledon? No of course not I just wont be cheering him on along the way. I think you will find I am not the only “retard” of this opinion, when Murray was on centre court he has had nowhere near the backing that Henman ever had, the crowd reaction hasn’t been close, perhaps that’s because Henman was an under dog where as Murray is expected to do well, who knows?

That's a quite ridiculous post. Firstly, Murray isn't 'getting the backing Henman got', because he's absolutely coasting through his matches, whereas a certain Tim Henman struggled nearly all the time.  And it's quite ridiculous you can't let go about Murray's previous comments towards England. It's brilliant that we have a great British player who is honest and actually has a bit of a bloody personality. It's quite clear you're in a huge minority that refuse to support him, because you only have to look at the huge crowds he's been drawing in a Wimbledon. People were actually being turned away from the queues Saturday. People don't have a problem with him being patriotic towards Scotland, because they realise what a fantastic player he is, and he's got more of a chance of winning Wimbledon at 22 years old than Henman had throughout his career.
Not only that, but look at the hours and hours of work he's put in in training. The difference between his physique, serve, and all-round play from last year to today is surreal. The English have huge respect for the work he's put in to get where he is today, it's a shame a small minority won't do the same. And one more thing, did you see him on Saturday, in the final set where he was clearly going to win. He was STILL running to almost impossible shots, shouting at himself when making errors. We haven't had a more committed British player in god knows how long.
flammableBen

« Reply #77 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 08:21:45 »

I think it's a bit silly to put the whole national team thing on individual sports. It's not like team sports where they're representing their country, tennis players primarily representing themselves. That's one of the things which made me hate Henman so much and just generally get fed up of tennis, the whole transformation into a (even more) middle class football. "Come on Tim". Fuck off.

He's a good young talent and and seems to have a bit of personality (as far as modern tennis goes). I'd probably support him if he was from Moldova. Couldn't say the same about Henman.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #78 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 08:25:01 »

That's a quite ridiculous post. Firstly, Murray isn't 'getting the backing Henman got', because he's absolutely coasting through his matches, whereas a certain Tim Henman struggled nearly all the time.  And it's quite ridiculous you can't let go about Murray's previous comments towards England. It's brilliant that we have a great British player who is honest and actually has a bit of a bloody personality. It's quite clear you're in a huge minority that refuse to support him, because you only have to look at the huge crowds he's been drawing in a Wimbledon. People were actually being turned away from the queues Saturday. People don't have a problem with him being patriotic towards Scotland, because they realise what a fantastic player he is, and he's got more of a chance of winning Wimbledon at 22 years old than Henman had throughout his career.
Not only that, but look at the hours and hours of work he's put in in training. The difference between his physique, serve, and all-round play from last year to today is surreal. The English have huge respect for the work he's put in to get where he is today, it's a shame a small minority won't do the same. And one more thing, did you see him on Saturday, in the final set where he was clearly going to win. He was STILL running to almost impossible shots, shouting at himself when making errors. We haven't had a more committed British player in god knows how long.
You have echoed my sentiments exactly though…. I said that maybe people supported Henman more because he was the underdog, where as Murray is expected to win, that’s exactly what you have highlighted with the “cruising through matches”. I have said that. I also said he is a great player and has a chance of winning Wimbledon, you have just said it in a much longer way than I did if you think about it. I have never said Murray is a shit player at all…. I have always maintained he is a good player, he draws crowds etc. no doubt about that and not knocking him now, I just won’t support him that’s all
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 08:48:26 »

I just won’t support him that’s all
Based on accusations that he hates england which I have proved was just a joke between himself, Tim Henman and a particular Journo!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 08:55:53 »

oh fuck off you jock cunt, im with gary. we own you.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 10:09:20 »

oh fuck off you jock cunt, im with gary. we own you.
maybe so, but our tennis players are better than yours! Cheesy

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 10:15:20 »

Just a shame your footballers and rugby players are a sack of shit though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 11:09:16 »

Why would I send death threats??? It’s ridiculous. I can understand why people want to support Murray, British, only chance in about 50 years we have had a home born player in with a shout of winning tennis’ greatest prize.

Henman could have won it. In fact I think he'd would have the year Goran beat him in the semi-final. Goran was on his way out when the rain came and saved his ass. Divine intervention - made me laugh as I couldn't stand Henman.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 11:44:58 »

anyone watching it now? this azarenka girl sounds like she's dying everytime she hits the ball

STFC_Gazza

« Reply #85 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 13:18:54 »

Result managed to get a centre court ticket for tomorrow! womens quarter finals!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 13:37:43 »

Result managed to get a centre court ticket for tomorrow! womens quarter finals!

as a matter of interest, how.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #87 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 13:40:07 »

as a matter of interest, how.

Ticketmaster!! Went online and managed to get a returned ticket for tomorrow, centre court... bit of lucky result!!! Plus I am not paying for it, a friend who bought my Michael Jackson ticket for my birthday is giving me the cash for it when she gets The Michael Jackson money back! Smiley  See below Smiley

Centre Court - Returns - Seats Allocated On Collection
All England Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon, London,
Tue 30 Jun 2009, 10:30

Order for: Gary Stanley
Seat location: section SINGLE
Total Charge: £77.00

COLLECTION ARRANGEMENTS

The tickets you have purchased are strictly non-transferable and will be available for collection only on the day of play from the Championships Ticket Office, All England Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon, from 10.30 a.m. onwards.

Please come to Gate 4 at the AELTC on Church Road and show this confirmation e-mail to the security guards there. They will direct you to the Championships Ticket Office from where your tickets can be collected.

In order to collect your tickets you will need to show:

your confirmation e-mail
the credit or debit card which you used when purchasing the tickets
some form of personal photo ID
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 14:09:39 »

Didn't you say you weren't getting there until early evening? Can't see how it's worth it tbh.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #89 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 14:10:37 »

Didn't you say you weren't getting there until early evening? Can't see how it's worth it tbh.

I can leave around lunch time I have been told so will get there for about 230-3 now, atleast can say I have done It I suppose one of the worlds most famous sporting events!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: