Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: it's MONDAY (I think) night do you feel alright thread.  (Read 9365 times)
Doore

« Reply #60 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 22:21:53 »

I actually had cheese last night - a very pleasant blue brie.  Again, variety is everything.
flammableBen

« Reply #61 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 22:26:11 »

I've drank nice red wines and nice white wines. Red wines are nicer, have more about them and are more enjoyable.

I've drank lots of cheap red wines and white whines. Cheap red wines are more reliably drinkable than cheap white.

White wine has it's place, it's a very different drink. But for evening chilling I can't see why you'd put it ahead of white.

It especially seems weird coming from you, I remember how snobby you used to get about lager at times.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 22:26:50 »

my day has been frustratingly repetitive.

my girlfriend still can't open a bank account, i've still got a chest/throat infection, my credit rating is fucked thanks to a bank deciding i'm the same person as my father, equifax refuse to accept i exist so i'm unable to get a new phone as the credit report won't even process, i still can't find a pair of boots i like in my size, still getting zero responses to job applications and i had a massive nosebleed in the centre of oxford today whilst walking around with a huge bruise on my arm where i had blood taken.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 22:27:39 »

Sorry for my prolonged disappearance, I popped to the loo and nearly passed out. Bad times.
Doore

« Reply #64 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 22:30:34 »

That's because lager is, in the main, piss water.  As are some white wines.  As are some red wines.  As you say, white wine and red wine are a very different drink - I often link them to food.  Tonight I cooked myself a Trout fillet with lemon and garlic - this was crying out for a white wine, and Pinot Grigio fitted the bill.  Tomorrow I'm making a lamb casserole - red wine will be the drink of choice.

There are good drinks of all kinds - I will even admit that there are nice lagers.  Variety is the spice of the drinking life.
flammableBen

« Reply #65 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 22:41:12 »

That's because lager is, in the main, piss water.  As are some white wines.  As are some red wines.  As you say, white wine and red wine are a very different drink - I often link them to food.  Tonight I cooked myself a Trout fillet with lemon and garlic - this was crying out for a white wine, and Pinot Grigio fitted the bill.  Tomorrow I'm making a lamb casserole - red wine will be the drink of choice.

There are good drinks of all kinds - I will even admit that there are nice lagers.  Variety is the spice of the drinking life.

Oi sonny. Don't you get patronising with me on the variety of drinking or I'll give you a kicking.

When you visiting Swindon next? I think my sister has offered you a place to stay.
nochee

« Reply #66 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 22:50:35 »

my girlfriend still can't open a bank account, i've still got a chest/throat infection, my credit rating is fucked thanks to a bank deciding i'm the same person as my father, equifax refuse to accept i exist so i'm unable to get a new phone as the credit report won't even process, i still can't find a pair of boots i like in my size, still getting zero responses to job applications and i had a massive nosebleed in the centre of oxford today whilst walking around with a huge bruise on my arm where i had blood taken.

Am i right in guessing your GF is Norweigan?

If not ignore this, or you might want to anyway, up to you.

But when my GF moved to Swindon from Sweden she applied for a NI number and got that within 2/3 weeks and then with that opened up a Llloyds bank account with ease. I got the advice from a friend with a Dutch GF who had trouble opening up an account.

The info is yours to do with as you please
flammableBen

« Reply #67 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 22:56:15 »

Next time you're in Swindon (to buy football boots or otherwise), send me a pm before hand and we can have a cup of tea.
Doore

« Reply #68 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 22:57:19 »

Oi sonny. Don't you get patronising with me on the variety of drinking or I'll give you a kicking.

When you visiting Swindon next? I think my sister has offered you a place to stay.

Really not sure mate, life is all a bit up in the air at the mo.  When we do get the chance to visit you will be the first to know.
flammableBen

« Reply #69 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 23:01:56 »

fair enough. You still in Cardiff with your missus up north and travelling to see each other?
Doore

« Reply #70 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 23:06:20 »

That is the situation at the mo - not exactly ideal but its working for us at the mo.  Bloody work.
flammableBen

« Reply #71 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 23:15:24 »

hardcore. I think the last time I saw you was ages ago when I invented the throw nuts at doore game in cardiff. Long time ago.

Doore

« Reply #72 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 23:30:34 »

You will be pleased to know a small number of people still play that particular game.
Doore

« Reply #73 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 23:47:08 »

Right, really must go to bed now - I'm due to be impressive in front of senior people in about eight hours.  Adios.
flammableBen

« Reply #74 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 23:47:49 »

night
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: