Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press conference at 1pm  (Read 19224 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 22:30:31 »

They are going to outsource their Pie contract

Interested ?
Doore

« Reply #121 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 22:31:49 »

So what was the press conference about?

Pies.  A mate's dog told me that Dave Byrne doesn't like pies.  I demand his sacking.
flammableBen

« Reply #122 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 22:41:55 »

Lies. Everybody likes pies.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #123 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 22:42:22 »

I thought it was an appeal to try and find out what happened to Peter Shirtliff en route from the Wirral.

Oh and pies are great.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 22:51:29 »

been told this role has been created to keep byrne off the training ground

wilson and the players think he is an idiot, and do not want him involved in the first team

they want him spending little time actually coaching the kids, so the new role enables him to go off and scout, basically spending as little time as possible at the cg

wilson wanted bodin as his assistant, but bodin enjoys coaching the youths and believes that in taking on a first-team job it has a life cycle that runs out, whereas with the youths he has a job for life

loads of players on trial, a young french left sided midfielder the best of the lot apparently

plus, a couple of others got offered the managers job before wilson, but only he would take it with byrne as number 2. however, he has managed to convince fitton to effectively sideline him as the club cannot sack him

I think this sounds very believable, said on the day it was the most glamorous demotion I have seen.  He seems a bit like King he can spot a player but is clueless on the training ground, aftermatch interviews and tactically.  Personally delighted Wilson is getting the chance to bring in his own backroom team.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #125 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 23:01:38 »

You pop down the training ground often then mate? Could i pop down with you next time
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 23:03:38 »

If Wilson and the players do think so lowly of him, then he'd have been sacked - simple as that.

Though I'm sure there was some basis to it, originally. I'd imagine Wilson wanted his own assistant / coach and that a few players have a problem with Byrne. Then the chinese whispers kicked in and got us to that post.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 23:06:09 »

If Wilson and the players do think so lowly of him, then he'd have been sacked - simple as that.

Though I'm sure there was some basis to it, originally. I'd imagine Wilson wanted his own assistant / coach and that a few players have a problem with Byrne. Then the chinese whispers kicked in and got us to that post.

Best post so far
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 23:08:49 »

You pop down the training ground often then mate? Could i pop down with you next time

Don't have to hes had spells in charge as caretaker manager when we have seen more of his management under the microscope and is been disastrous.  Some of his tactical decisions in this time were lousy, some of his after match interviews are laughable particularly when we were under Malpas and clearly we went backwards as a team when Blecthley and Somerfield left the coaching team as they actually contributed where as Williams and Byrne gave nothing to the first team.

There is no doubt he can spot a player and has made us some good money but I can see clearly why they would prefer him away from the first team, he gets too matey with some players and is too over the top against other players.  The cross bar challenge was embarassing when he took a penalty on soccer am and I bet thats the kind of thing that annoyed Wilson, I think Wilson prefers to seperate management from players the way it should be.

I await the impending abuse as I know there is often a Dave Byrne love in on here.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 23:10:30 »

Its not about david byrne loving. None of us see what he's like on the training ground so none of us can judge him on that. It really is that simple

Things get better but they never get good
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 23:15:59 »

Yep, not a love in, just very unfair the way other groups of fans slate him so much, his press needs to be balanced out, that's where the pragmatists of the TEF come in.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #131 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 23:23:58 »

No abuse from me fella he isnt everyones cup of tea just think you shouldnt judge him on the training ground if you have not seen it. By your logic the coaching staff in the past have had a big input in the success or failure of the team then. Is that right?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 23:28:30 »

some of his after match interviews are laughable particularly when we were under Malpas

Every time that happened was after a particularly piss poor display, when Malpas did not have the backbone to come out and face the music.

At least Byrne did.

Like him or hate him you have got to give it to the bloke that he has bollocks.

And no........it's not a love in at all, its just that some people can actually see the benefits the bloke brings to to club
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #133 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 23:58:43 »

What's done is done and we don't really need to hypothesise the reasons on some gossip after the event has occurred.

We should all be wishing DB luck and letting him get on with it, even if you dislike him because this man is effectively in charge of our future.

So good luck Budgie*

*Don't buy any more Casals please.

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 00:04:51 »

Word to your mutha
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: