Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £80m for ronaldo  (Read 16780 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 09:55:52 »

Think it is a good time to sell him he was not as strong or as influential for the team last season as he was before.  They probably realise this is the last time they will command a fee of this size for him and if he wants to go then they will cash in.

As far as players coming in I would say Valencia at Wigan is a given he is similar to Ronaldo when he arrived lots of potential, plus with Real Madrid being Uniteds main rivals for his signature I am guessing they will now not go for Valencia as there signing Ronaldo.  Other players I would expect them to go for are Ribery and Benzema, should be interesting.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 09:56:13 »

Real Madrid have the support of the government types because of the amount of money they bring into the city therefore bailing them out several times.

Many other teams with their debts would have gone a long time ago.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 09:57:17 »

At least it'll stop the 'Is he going to Madrid?' question all summer.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Rich Pullen

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 10:02:41 »

At least it'll stop the 'Is he going to Madrid?' question all summer.

It was Patrick Vieira before (and a summer of Steven Gerrard) - I wonder who'll be next? Torres?
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 10:06:40 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 11:01:49 »

All the United fans are slagging him off alreaday, ace. Cheesy

Oh how awful for them eh?  It's not often Utd fans get an idea of what it's really like to follow a football team, Ronaldo was always destined to play for Real and would have been there a long time ago if Utd hadn't signed him.  He's won everything he can at Utd and they should let him move on to a new challenge.

Assuming this all goes through Utd will have made nearly £70m in profit on one player, I wonder if we've turned that over in the last 15-20 years?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 11:03:46 »

good move for all concerned really.
i'd go for ribery if i were fergie
Rich Pullen

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 11:11:09 »

In modern football, it has been rare for England to have a genuinely world class player within it's leagues. I believe Cristiano Ronaldo was the Premiership player to win the World Player of the Year award for example. Italy and Spain have always had that class of footballer.

Perhaps this is because so few of our best players refuse to test themselves in La Liga or Serie A?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 11:13:58 »

if it happens, it would mean lord ferg would have about 110 million to spend.

Isn't Tevez on loan to United, so no fee goes to them? Or have I missed something.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 11:15:43 »

Perhaps Ferguson already had a £30 million budget pre-Ronaldo sale (if it happens).
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 11:19:56 »

Isn't Tevez on loan to United, so no fee goes to them? Or have I missed something.

Correctomundo

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 11:48:21 »

good bye, mother fucking cunt!!!!  Bye Bye

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Rich Pullen

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 11:53:09 »

Ronaldo, at first, will be a loss to English football.

But like every high profile footballer to leave in modern times, fans and clubs have got over it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 12:10:26 »

Ronaldo to Real for £80m?  Nice piece of business for Mr Glazer.  But rarely has a headline made me more grateful of being a Swindon fan.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 13:34:45 »

Someone made a good point on the BBC website, for another £20m Real Madrid could have bought Newcastle United. Crazy money and Man Utd would be stupid to turn it down - no player is worth that and I can't see them ever recouping the £80m and his £10m a year salary through merchandise.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 15:06:27 »

Wouldn't it be funny if he played 1 game and then got an injury that kept him out for the season...oh how I would laugh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: