Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where I Go On My Days Off.  (Read 6545 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 16:17:34 »

He's a Spandau ballet fan though...good work Lothar, I've walked there loads of times, and knew it looked familiar, but couldn't pin it down...Dorset Coast Path is ace
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 16:41:39 »

He's a Swindon fan you bopard.

GOOD WORK !
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 23:30:53 »

Spot on! Between West Bay and Burton Bradstock. West Bay is quite nice during the week, up until the school holidays, then it's chav central.

Was that when you were there?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 04:57:18 »

Was that when you were there?

No

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 05:51:03 »

He's a Swindon fan you bopard.
+10 for retro insults Smiley
lothar

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 08:52:16 »

He's a Spandau ballet fan though...good work Lothar, I've walked there loads of times, and knew it looked familiar, but couldn't pin it down...Dorset Coast Path is ace

Agreed, lovely to have a leisurely or challenging walk on a warm day along the Dorset coast. At some point I want to do the whole South West coastal path, a colossal 650 miles from Poole all the way round to Minehead in Somerset. No idea how long to give myself to complete that  (a fortnight?) and if my feet would be up to the task!

By the way, if anyone was at the Bournemouth v Swindon game a couple of seasons back, the New Years one, I was the Swindon fan who got led out by the police for falling all about the place after a seriously toxic quantity of vodka had been consumed. Very regrettable indeed and a few hours in a cell  Sad Left my two mates in the lurch who'd come down to visit me as well  Bye Been meaning to join the forum for a while now.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 10:29:41 »

Drunken, loutish behaviour at football matches is frowned upon by this forum, whose members tend to be sober pillars of the community..... Wink

I reckon you'd need more than a fortnight to do the SWP path....bit of a monster.

Without making it a serious goal in life, I've walked a fair chunk of it by doing sections over many years.  So I'll identify a bit which hasn't been done and go and spend some time there. My biggest gap is between Fowey and Plymouth...then east out of Plymouth for a few miles.  Not sure I'll ever get round to doing it.

Probably not much use to you, but I've walked the Cotswold Way in chunks....roughly 5 20 mile sections, easy to do from Swindon.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 12:21:07 »

Ime delivering to Bude on Monday...hoping for stroll after.......Loo,Padstow,Falmouth i like....ther seems to be a real stunningness about places ware Rivers meet the sea.
lothar

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, June 7, 2009, 12:21:11 »

Hi Reg, yep, think I underestimated the enormity of the challenge. Best to adopt the approach you've taken and tackle it in chunks. Infact, that stretch that you are earmarking to complete next between Fowey and the Devon border is the section that really grabs me the most. The whole Cornish coast is unutterably beautiful and the little fishing villages in the various coves would be my ideal places to live. I'm gonna aspire to doing that walk this Summer. I tend to get carried away on the ale which makes rising nice and early and striding onwards potentially unrealistic.
lothar

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, June 7, 2009, 12:23:57 »

Leefer, I was in Falmouth last year and it was teeming with tourists. I'd like to take a boat up from there to Truro through the Carrick Roads waterways. Was surprised to discover that Falmouth is the third largest natural harbour in the world after Sydney and Poole.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, June 7, 2009, 13:11:33 »

Was surprised to discover that Falmouth is the third largest natural harbour in the world after Sydney and Poole.

Rially...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 07:21:47 »

I don't know about Falmouth being the third largest natural harbour, but have you seen those pics of the large redundant ships anchored inland from Falmouth?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: