Poll
Question: do you want the tories to overturn the ban on hunting?
yes -bring back fox hunting - 12 (20%)
no- keep it as it is - 48 (80%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: poll on fox hunting  (Read 13572 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 14:22:10 »

Bangkok - they rarely survive longer than a few minutes but they do die a horrible death. It's probably something you need to see to understand.

As mentioned before it's the nervous system reacting, nothing more nothing less and can happen amongst all animals (I think). And I have seen it when my lunch had it's throat slit in a Thai country village.

I thought this was common knowledge, where do you think the term "running around like a headless chicken" comes from?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 14:28:28 »

I'm not sure what your point is. I know exactly how they die and it's a horrible death.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 14:35:19 »

You can lead a horse to water........................
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 14:55:13 »

I don't think you really get it Bankgok, if there are 8 chickens together and they see the others having their head ripped off and then running around for a few more minutes and know their next, do you think that's a nice death? Likewise if a wild animal killed your childhood pet would you think it's just natural and it has to eat or would you hate that wild animal for killing your pet because I think amost everyone would be in the latter category. So while I have no interest in hunting myself I do think wasting any time on preventing it should not be a priority at all.
spacey

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 15:03:10 »

I think fox hunters are like vigilantes. They've probably all been traumatised by the death of a pet at some stage and are now taking revenge. "This one's for you Mittens the bunny!"
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 15:54:42 »

I don't think you really get it Bankgok, if there are 8 chickens together and they see the others having their head ripped off and then running around for a few more minutes and know their next, do you think that's a nice death? Likewise if a wild animal killed your childhood pet would you think it's just natural and it has to eat or would you hate that wild animal for killing your pet because I think amost everyone would be in the latter category. So while I have no interest in hunting myself I do think wasting any time on preventing it should not be a priority at all.

You are quite right about foxes. If you have 50 chickens they will go after & kill every one, but eat only one. Foxes kill because thats what they do.
not just hunters, but all human beings are the same.
Homo Sapiens is the most dangerous animal on the planet.

From the Dark Side
spacey

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 16:01:13 »

If there were 50 chickens against one fox, why didn't they just rush him? It's like Eastenders last night. Nick Cotton with a stick against about 20 people. Just fucking rush him for crying out loud!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 16:04:59 »

Homo Sapiens is the most dangerous animal on the planet.

I'm just glad Homo Erectus is now extinct..apart from in Brighton obviously.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 16:39:31 »

You can lead a horse to water........................

......but a pencil must be led?(HMHB)

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 17:12:06 »

This should be banned!

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 17:12:29 »

we, as humans shouldn’t kill because we have a choice. foxes and other animals for taht matter have to kill to survive (they are known as obligate carnivores): we don’t. Animals can only follow their instincts but we human beings can think about the consequences of our actions. We can recognise the suffering of other animals and we can choose not to inflict it on them. But we choose to make then suffer coz that the kind of sick human race we are today
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 17:30:29 »

My personal view (call me ignorant if you will, I can deal with it) is that we're a cruel race and if we realised the consequences of all our actions then we'd live in a different and probably what many would consider a very backward world.

There are so many things we do that we shouldn't, we're using up the Earth's natural resources for convenience, pleasure and for the sake of it. Do many stop and consider where precious stones have come from when they buy jewellery? Does an illegal drug user consider where the profits for his or her use end up? Do people think shit, did this item of clothing come from a sweat shop? Where does the cocoa in my chocolate/coffee bean in my beverage come from and was it fair trade?

We're a cruel race and whilst we all have our causes we're all often very selfish and get away with it. As humans we often do things against our ideals (e.g. become a vegan) but ultimately it doesn't change shit. Like I said, if we all lived 'correctly' then I think things would be very backward.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 17:49:33 »

My personal view (call me ignorant if you will, I can deal with it) is that we're a cruel race and if we realised the consequences of all our actions then we'd live in a different and probably what many would consider a very backward world.

There are so many things we do that we shouldn't, we're using up the Earth's natural resources for convenience, pleasure and for the sake of it. Do many stop and consider where precious stones have come from when they buy jewellery? Does an illegal drug user consider where the profits for his or her use end up? Do people think shit, did this item of clothing come from a sweat shop? Where does the cocoa in my chocolate/coffee bean in my beverage come from and was it fair trade?

We're a cruel race and whilst we all have our causes we're all often very selfish and get away with it. As humans we often do things against our ideals (e.g. become a vegan) but ultimately it doesn't change shit. Like I said, if we all lived 'correctly' then I think things would be very backward.

I can see where your comming from, but its the whole 1 isn't going to change the world attitute that annoys me, ok they wont but they will make a whole lot of a difference, I for one try and make sure i know where my items of clothing of coffee of food has come from.
The average British meat eater consumes, in the course of their lifetime, 5 cattle, 20 pigs, 29 sheep and lambs, 780 chickens, 46 turkeys, 18 ducks, 7 rabbits, 1, geese and half-a-tonne of fish tell me that figure doesnt shock you.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 17:53:47 »

That sounds like an ace banquet!

I seriously struggle to understand anyone who gets upset because we eat meat. Being shocked at non free range stuff seems logical, everything else just plain stupid!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
spacey

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 17:56:13 »

780 chickens! Seriously, I reckon I'll do about 10 times that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: