Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stuart Noble - Fulham  (Read 1296 times)
Dazzza

« on: Wednesday, May 25, 2005, 23:43:33 »

Released by Fulham this week.  Not that widely known but was tipped as the next big thing a while back.

Looks a decent bet and maybe worth a look at now Thorpe and Cureton have both been dismissed.

Apparently he's reminiscent of  Geoff Horsfield and has six goals in fifteen starts with various clubs he's been on loan at.  

Another one that maybe worth a look now Smith and Porkies Revenge have departed is veteran John Salako released by Brentford.  Knocking on a bit but did a decent job for Brentford this season and may be worth a season just for the experience in what will be a very young side.  Not ideal in the scheme of things but short term has something to offer.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2005, 23:45:49 »

I think John Salako would be quite a decent signing for us, his name and squad number are still on the scoreboard from his days at Reading.
Dazzza

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 00:19:53 »

Save you some work then!

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of veterans next season.  Given that the club are only looking short term nowadays there seems no harm in taking on a few more experienced heads into a young side.   Tongue

King does seem to prefer youth but a lot of the lower league sides that are successful often have a good blend of experienced players with higher league experience.  

Trying to think of King’s record at signing older players has been quite successful.  Jenkins and Mooney turned out ok while Viveash the one player given a two year deal was perhaps not the greatest

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 01:50:45 »

Ian Woan was always good Smiley
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 08:41:32 »

John Salako is a bit old now and he spends more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: