Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wolfsburg  (Read 5332 times)
Scot Munroe

« on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 15:27:30 »

are Bundesliga champions after thrashing Werder Bremen 5-1. Both the strikers Grafite and Dzeko have scored 30 goals this season. Might see Dzeko at chelsea next season.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 15:53:10 »

thats a relief
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 15:54:07 »

thats a relief

Phew Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 18:06:32 »

Its shows a healthy league in Germany when an outsider can win the title...the Premier League has become as uninteresting as Scotland.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 18:10:53 »

German football has always been interesting, the book Tor! by Ulrich Hesse-Lichtenberger is a good effort of the general history.

Felix Magath was a good appointment for VfL Wolfsburg - they'll miss him next season.

I guess Setanta's coverage is giving it some wider coverage these days.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 18:13:08 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 18:14:44 »

German football has always been interesting, the book Tor! by Ulrich Hesse-Lichtenberger is a good effort of the general history.

Felix Magath was a good appointment for VfL Wolfsburg - they'll miss him next season.

I guess Setanta's coverage is giving it some wider coverage these days.

The main problem for me is the sides have such dull functional names...apart from St Pauli.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 21:28:15 »

Its shows a healthy league in Germany when an outsider can win the title...the Premier League has become as uninteresting as Scotland.

no it hasn't.i think this season,the prem has been superb
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 21:47:09 »

With the same top 4 again for how many years. The Prem just bores me fucking shitless and althuogh I want English clubs to win in Europe another Man U v Chelski final just wouldn't have done it for me. The last one was absolute crap.
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 21:54:54 »

But ultimately totally predictable. The 'top 4' teams thing is totally sickening.

Newcastle getting relegated would be good. But the way Villa folded was very dissapointing. Spurs also pulled clear very easily.

No signs that the top 4 monotony will be broken any time soon.
flammableBen

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 21:55:17 »

I'll be cheering on Barcelona come Wednesday (it is wednesday innit?). Andybody having a few in a pub whilst watching?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 22:03:06 »

same top 4 yes.but the relegation battle is going down to the last day.liverpool were right in the title race until recently.the football is more pleasing on the eye.the players are better.etc.etc.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 22:07:19 »

despite the flaws,the prem is no way as bad as the scottish league.which was the reason for my first post.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 22:08:32 »

I take your points Arriba but I'm still fucking bored watching the same old teams turning over the weaker teams. If I had a choice of watching Man U v Chelsea or Rochdale v Accrington then its a no brainer for me. You may get more skill etc but I just can't be arsed watching the same old, same old. At some stage there will be a backlash.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 22:14:08 »

er.so who would you rather watch from those two matches you mention?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 22:19:20 »

I'd like to see Rochdale v Accrington for the novelty rather than Man U v Chelsea which I could have occasion to watch many times in a season. English football is going exactly the same way as the Jock game. For Rangers and Celtic substitute Man U and Chelsea. i can't see Liverpool or the Arse doing it for some years. Chelsea may yet implode but Man U are there for a few years yet as no matter who replaces Fergie could be absolute dogshit and the machine will continue relentlessly for a while like when Dalglish won the double at Liverpool..
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: