Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Allen..  (Read 5763 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 17:57:29 »

You can't get away from the fact that Allen was crap and totally out of his depth in League 1. The same could be said of Marshall when he first came but at least he showed some progress and potential, which I couldn't say about Allen.

Having said that, someone must have seen something in him to play him. Maybe in a few years he will turn in to something decent, for his sake I hope he does, but I reckon we made the right decision - I don't think we're in a position to be carrying players on pro contracts for a few seasons just in case they come good.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 18:14:44 »

He was only out of his depth physically at League One level.

More than good enough with the football. Just you need both (example Morrison) to make a decent go of it.
JPC82

« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 19:27:20 »

You can't get away from the fact that Allen was crap and totally out of his depth in League 1. The same could be said of Marshall when he first came but at least he showed some progress and potential, which I couldn't say about Allen.

Having said that, someone must have seen something in him to play him. Maybe in a few years he will turn in to something decent, for his sake I hope he does, but I reckon we made the right decision - I don't think we're in a position to be carrying players on pro contracts for a few seasons just in case they come good.

technically chrissy was prob the best at the club along with mcgovern, but unfortunately not strong enough
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 19:36:30 »

He was only out of his depth physically at League One level.

More than good enough with the football. Just you need both (example Morrison) to make a decent go of it.

I didn't see Allen show anything to suggest he could handle League 1, it wasn't just his physical strength - he was just crap. Morrison was complete and utter crap the first time I saw him play in League 1, he really turned it around though.
JPC82

« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 19:37:45 »

u couldnt be more wrong Johnathan
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 19:38:01 »

Whose to say allen can't? He can definatley pick a pass out, but the fact he's 3 foot tall means he cant tackle and as such, useless in the center the park unless he has someone next to him to do all of his tackling

Things get better but they never get good
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 19:39:25 »

u couldnt be more wrong Johnathan

Nice one JPD82.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 19:45:45 »

Not exactly crap is he ffs
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 22:43:41 »

To be honest Allen is yet another in a long line stretching back years of OK but not great midfielders. Its an area we've been dire in for the best part of 15 years. Was Allen really any worse than Hewlett for example - probably not. Succesive midfeilders including our current lot have been crap to ordinary. Allen and pook have been no worse than some of the expensive shit we've played and at least they're cheap and they're ours.   
JPC82

« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 22:47:11 »

Whose to say allen can't? He can definatley pick a pass out, but the fact he's 3 foot tall means he cant tackle and as such, useless in the center the park unless he has someone next to him to do all of his tackling

spot on dave, which is why hes only even played when we have played 3 central midfielders, 2 to do the tackling and chrissy to ping it all over the show
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 11:11:51 »

His supposed ability to pick a pass was never on display when i saw him... even simple 10 yard passes went out of play or to the opposition. I never saw a glimmer of talent in him...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
STFC G-DOGG

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 11:53:02 »

ive been to every home game this season, and i wouldnt say that Allen was absolutely shit in any of his games. Not sayin that he played well for us, but he is still young. i think he might end up a similar style of player to Timlin.
Spencer_White

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 12:50:27 »

He came on as sub quite a lot. His first pass went astray in a couple of his appearances and you could see the confidence drain out of him.

Personally I think its a great shame. Perhaps some rumours that he didnt apply himself as much as he could have?

The club did have a culture of players constanly saying 'We are a really good team, with really good players, its just we keep losing all the time'. Somehow trying to save their own reputations whilst distancing themselves from the collective failure. Now, if you dont perform then you are out. Allan falls into the category, he didnt cut it.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 18:07:10 »

he didn't cut it and never will.he isn't of the right physical build,and thats the end of it.you could juggle balls and hit a sixpence all day long.but if you cannot win a 50-50,or out jump to win a header etc then its no good in a physical football league, with bigger players with equal talent.
dell boy

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 18:15:47 »

To be honest Allen is yet another in a long line stretching back years of OK but not great midfielders. Its an area we've been dire in for the best part of 15 years. Was Allen really any worse than Hewlett for example - probably not. Succesive midfeilders including our current lot have been crap to ordinary. Allen and pook have been no worse than some of the expensive shit we've played and at least they're cheap and they're ours.  

Spot on
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: