Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Spector  (Read 3361 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 12:37:03 »

Man U have made him available for loan...hope he doesn't come here. Does king not understand that this isn't the sort of player we need.....

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 13:07:21 »

He's a centre half and we want a winger so I doubt it
kizz

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 13:41:28 »

Why are we not looking for a solid centre midfielder??? go back to 4-4-2, with Howard & Igoe on the wings

iven a level playing field (i.e. enough water so a shark could manouevre, but not so deep that a bear would flounder) who would win in a fight between a bear and a shark?
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 13:43:28 »

Think I rememeber seeing him one of the Champions league games and he did look superb.

Would be an utter waste of a loan though, not the sort of position we need to fill.

I see Rob Lee is still looking for a club looks like he's past it but worth looking at as a possible temporary stop gap to halt the slide.

See ex-Danish and Bolton midfielder Stig Tofting is currently on the hunt for a club.  Been a while since I have seen him play but if he's still as sharp as he was he could be the answer to all of our problems.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 13:58:00 »

Spector is a left-back according to www.thisisstfc.co.uk .   If that is the position we are to play him loaning Spector would be madness - we have a perfectly capable left-back in the shape of Andy Nicholas who has been unfairly left out of the side recently.

Rob Lee would be a good tough-tackling midfielder if he's got the fitness.  Not sure about Stif Toftig though - had a spell inside didn't he, so whether or not he still has it is questionable.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 14:45:32 »

Quote from: "Fiisch"
Not sure about Stif Toftig though - had a spell inside didn't he,

We need a tough tackling midfielder  Wink  We need a Scott Leitch or a Darren Bullock style player.....

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Amir

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 15:33:57 »

According to my pal has played first team this season and didn't look out of place, regular in 2 years he reckons.  Also said he could probably play def midfield as he used to when he was younger.  Not that we'll get him.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 17:30:26 »

I think what we need is for Miglioranzi to come back, to play alongside Robinson in midfield. This would be beneficial to our team as it gives us a combination of height, strength, a 'terrier-like' midfield that hounds opposition players and a chance of winning the ball. We could then revert to 4-4-2, and King could start concentarting on keeping the defence concentrating for the full 90 minutes.

here's the man himself when you need him?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 09:48:23 »

Still may come in even though we've signed Lee Holmes from Derby?

Good to see why King signed him 'We need to score goals'....he said on the radio!! We quite capable of scoring. We need to defend. We keep conceeding goals and silly ones at that. We need to sort the defense out. But with trying to sign wingers is he going to play around with the formation again?!

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 12:07:00 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
Quote from: "Fiisch"
Not sure about Stif Toftig though - had a spell inside didn't he,

We need a tough tackling midfielder  Wink  We need a Scott Leitch or a Darren Bullock style player.....
Darren Bullock never tackled anybody. He just kicked them in the balls and ran away with the ball. (the football thaht is!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: