Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Roy Hodgson and Tony Pulis  (Read 4343 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 07:34:24 »

I'd give it to all of the Newcastle managers this season.

Sterling work from them all.

It's All Good..............
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 07:41:54 »

I think only Forest sing "You've Lost That Loving Feeling"

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 07:43:33 »

Sorry if someone's mentioned it but Goodnight Irene by the Gas.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 07:44:06 »

Sorry if someone's mentioned it but Goodnight Irene by the Gas.

Apology accepted.

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 10:38:59 »

Ok there are quite a few songs that only 1 club sing - however Delilah is the best song IMO.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Melksham Red

« Reply #35 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 11:07:21 »

When the whole Brittania sing Delilah, that is fucking loud. Makes the hairs stand up. Fucking cunts!! It's a shame we haven't got a decent war cry that the whole ground bellows out. Come on you reds is about as close as we get. How gay.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 11:13:58 »

We really do need an 'anthem', now that the singers amongst us have been scattered to all corners of the CG it would be nice to have one song we could all join in on.......don't ask me to think of one though!
Spencer_White

« Reply #37 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 12:20:52 »

When the whole Brittania sing Delilah, that is fucking loud. Makes the hairs stand up. Fucking cunts!! It's a shame we haven't got a decent war cry that the whole ground bellows out. Come on you reds is about as close as we get. How gay.

Sometimes we are fucking wet. Some fans should get their fingers out and support the team.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 12:45:29 »

well i think when our crowd do "come on you reds" it sounds pretty good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 12:49:41 »

'Come on you Reds' is a bit poor.  It's OK when we've got our tails up and it's delivered with a bit of oomph...but I hate it when it's sung as a plaintively when things are going so well.  Then it sounds like a dirge.

The nearest we have to an 'anthem' I guess is Wise Men Say.  I've not heard anyone else sing it before...but understand that we may have nicked it from Sunderland (?)

The main problem with football songs in general is most fans are like lemmings and 99% of songs are simply well known tunes from the last 40 years put to different words.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 14:17:57 »

'Come on you Reds' is a bit poor.  It's OK when we've got our tails up and it's delivered with a bit of oomph...but I hate it when it's sung as a plaintively when things are going so well.  Then it sounds like a dirge.

The nearest we have to an 'anthem' I guess is Wise Men Say.  I've not heard anyone else sing it before...but understand that we may have nicked it from Sunderland (?)

The main problem with football songs in general is most fans are like lemmings and 99% of songs are simply well known tunes from the last 40 years put to different words.

Think both Sunderland and Blackburn sing it, there are possibly more teams as well.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 14:50:30 »

**Pedant Alert**    It's "Can't help falling in love with you"

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #42 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 15:26:23 »

Swansea sang it the other year at their place. I couldn't work out if they were just taking the piss or not.
Melksham Red

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 08:15:43 »

I first heard Port Vale sing it in 89.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: