Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chester Go Into Administration  (Read 2190 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 20:24:13 »

Sorry for all these doom and gloom threads.... Makes me happy that Fitton played things safe really..

Chester's Chairman is looking to sell and fuck off. Just been relegated to the conference, crowds dropped really fast this season in L2? Have a feeling they will be playing in the Blue Square North and become the next "Boston"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chester/8034470.stm
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 12:45:11 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 21:09:51 »

They've been in a mess for a while now and I think Liverpool reserve games kept them for a few years.

STFC_Gazza

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 12:44:55 »

Chester have gone into Administration Today! Next Boston United I think..... as mentioned before . Start next season with a points deduction or start in the Blue Square North

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5330942,00.html
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 13:07:53 »

Its going to get worse too, there are a lot of smaller clubs on the verge of extinction/administration, sad days, and it does make me more grateful for Mr Fitton and Co saving us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 13:27:45 »

Me too JJ - we were saved just in the Nick of time

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Rich Pullen

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 14:45:34 »

It wasn't long ago when Fitton said many clubs will go into adiminstration. The number he mentioned escapes me but I remember thinking it was too many - now, it's looking more and more accurate.

Darlington released all of their players this weekend and Stockport continue to struggle.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 15:08:06 »

It wasn't long ago when Fitton said many clubs will go into adiminstration. The number he mentioned escapes me but I remember thinking it was too many - now, it's looking more and more accurate.

Darlington released all of their players this weekend and Stockport continue to struggle.

Think he said about 15.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Doore

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 22:54:34 »

I agree with a number of posters on here already - we really need to recognise the job that Mr Fitton is doing at this club - what is happening at Darlington, Chester and Stockport could quite easily have been us.  When you read, mostly on thisis, posters being heavily critical of the current chairman and board I do wonder what planet they are living on.
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 18:07:21 »

To be fair, I think that any criticism has passed now we have successfully avoided relegation.

The board can start afresh after the Malpas disaster.

If we had been relegated then they would have taken some flak, and rightly so.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 20:55:37 »

I strongly suspect there's several more clubs who are only just staving off administration and who if they last till after Christmas may well end up wishing they'd taken it now - bleak though it looks for those who're going into admin this summer, I reckon in a year's time they'll look like the ones who got off lightly. I hope I'm wrong, but there's a whole shedload of clubs in the League (and the Prem) who are still in denial about quite how serious their situation really is
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: