Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 3830 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 20:47:48 »

2-1 down.
Still a chance that Newcastle and Sunderland could get relegated.
JPC82

« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 20:48:46 »

what happened with the Utaka goal? i heard something about Alan Wiley blew his whistle but when play continued and Utaka scored he allowed the goal? what the fuck?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 20:49:41 »

3-1
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 20:52:31 »

They should create an extra relegation spot so all 3 northeast sides can go down - seems they've all gone kamikaze
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 20:54:34 »

One for RP, but didn't Whitley Bay win the Vase, so there's at least one successful NE side.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 20:56:36 »

One for RP, but didn't Whitley Bay win the Vase, so there's at least one successful NE side.
And they paraded it at St James Park at half time so the Geordies could be reminded what a trophy looks like.
santasdead

« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 20:59:13 »

what happened with the Utaka goal? i heard something about Alan Wiley blew his whistle but when play continued and Utaka scored he allowed the goal? what the fuck?

just as utaka shot wiley blew the whistle (for what looked like no reason) the ball went in and celebrations went on for a minute or so, the goal stood. it looked like wiley had given a free kick to sunderland the way he pointed their way. he could've blown for a penalty and then raised his arm to show the goal counted...either way the lino was waving his fingers and wiley was left looking bemused and scratching his head.

the goal was right to have been given,but god knows why the whistle was blown. a good thing for wiley is that none of the sunderland players or staff noticed the whistle had been blown.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 21:06:19 »

Looked like he gave Sunderland a free kick and then changed his mind. He blew the whistle before the ball went in and pointed up the pitch at the same time, what else could that mean other than a Sunderland free kick?

That is a bad mistake for any ref to make, let alone one of the better ones.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 21:08:13 »

I'd much rather Newcastle go down than Sunderland.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 21:14:10 »

That is a bad mistake for any ref to make, let alone one of the better ones.

Having seen the replays again it looks like the ref blew for a penalty, then awarded the goal instead. To be fair it all happened in a split second and the Sunderland defenders didn't have a chance to respond to the whistle, so no harm done at the end of the day.

Fair play to Sbragia for not getting all bitter and twisted over it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: