Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League Playoffs  (Read 22583 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 22:01:09 »

Oooh arr!  bad winter only road open.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 22:32:21 »

I read this in The Sun the other week on Reading fans:

Things that should be banned: part 128. Clubs who list their fans in squad line-ups on the back of match programmes. Reading do that. On their website, they also include fans' pen pix with the description: "Does everything he can to help get goals for the team...blah blah blah." Surely a more realistic description would be: "Fan on loan from Chelsea"  Yes
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 22:32:59 »

I live in Windsor and the number of mates that were Man Utd, Arsenal & Chelsea (armchair) supporters 5/6 years ago, but have now started getting season tickets at Reading because they're doing alright is ridiculous.  I think I know 2 people that have been genuine supporters their whole life.

When I ask them why they go to watch Reading, the answer is usually, because it's just down the road and it's Premiership football - basically sums them up

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 22:34:10 »

Being born in reading i can confirm the plastic tag, is due to most of their fans in previous years being chelsea or west ham fans until we came to town, when their allegiance would switch for 3 hours.
That's why I think of them as particularly plastic - always thought of Reading as kind of Chelsea overflow, but then when they got to the Prem, all of a sudden there as all these "die hard" Reading fans crowding and pricing out the old faithfuls who'd stuck out years of shit at Elm Park. Any successful team gets its share of bandwagon armchairs but Reading since they started to challenge for the Prem have struck me as more plastic than most simply because they went from sod all to packed out in no time flat. Admittedly most of this is based on chatting to the one (bitter) old-skool Reading fan I know
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 23:02:41 »

Apparantly next year will be Rochdale's 36th year in the bottom tier. That's got to be depressing.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 06:41:53 »

not sure if it's been mentioned but coppell has stepped down

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 07:02:23 »

I'd assume Coppell reigned because he is getting burnt out rather than because of playoff failure. His quitting has been rumbling on for a while.

I'd say Reading getting to the playoffs is a good season for them rather than an unacceptable one.

Wonder if Madjeski will go now, though I doubt there would be many takers in the current financial climate.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 08:08:47 »

Steve Coppell rsigning could be a very good thing imo.How many managers come in and try out the youngsters straight away? Think a few reading youngsters could leave this summer as they will probably think they will go further down the pecking order after new manager gets new signings.

Keane has done the same thing at Ipswich
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 08:23:22 »

I'd assume Coppell reigned because he is getting burnt out rather than because of playoff failure. His quitting has been rumbling on for a while.

I'd say Reading getting to the playoffs is a good season for them rather than an unacceptable one.

Wonder if Madjeski will go now, though I doubt there would be many takers in the current financial climate.

Madjeski  has been making noises about pulling out for a couple of years, and i would imagine as most of his money is in publishing, he would have been hit by the recession. Could be major changes there as next is the last season they get the parachute and will find it hard to go up next year.  In effect i agree, there could be a bit of a clear out, to avoid the Charlton scenario.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 08:26:04 »

haha  theyre fucked. fucking stadium will look hilarious with 5000 inside it.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 08:30:58 »

They only get the parachute payment for one more season....and then nothing.

They could be the next Southampton/Charlton/Norwich/Leeds, etc.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 09:06:29 »

I wouldn't, i hate them more than everyone else put together on here Wink
Dazzza

« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 11:34:54 »

What is it with Reading fans.  As Les Dawson used to say "I'm not one for gossip but" every Reading fan I have encountered and spoken to I've mentioned Andy Gurney and only once I got a response.

One was so bull headed and claimed to be a life time fanthat he accused me of makinf the fella up!

Oh, well as they say.

Barry Scott

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 11:41:19 »

Must admit that reading last night that they failed to make the play offs was fucking ace. Then finding out today that Coppell has resigned made me happier still. This is a happy day for anyone who dislikes Reading as much as me.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 06:22:51 »

Who do you want to see leave League One? I think I'd like to see Leeds gain promotion to be honest  Bye
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: