Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Budgie.  (Read 12941 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 13:49:22 »

I remember speaking to him at the pre season game against Salisbury. He was really excited about a youngster he'd got on trial who would make the club millions. Apparently Malpas offered the kid a derisory wage so he fucked off to Newcastle instead. The youngster was Nile (The Loan) Ranger.

Hi Ho Silver, Away!!!!

He was really excited about the kid and did say to us he was an extremely exciting prospect IIRC and that he would make us £5mill in the future, Nile has turned out to be an OK prospect so yes he can spot a good player and in my opinion he deserves to be kept on as reserve team manager or youth manager at least for his loyalty and abilty to spot player.......werent Tozer and Morrison both products of his youth team at Plymouth? yes people will say it was Sturrocks youth team but surely Byrne had a fair amount to do with them coming to us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 13:52:12 »

From what I've read the kids who came in from Plymouth was all Byrne's doing.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 14:19:32 »

macnamee was bascically his signing as well, or was at least on a list he game malpas. so was kanyuka although I'm less impressed by that
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 16:02:25 »

Also we got byrne to thank for signing simon cox as from i have hear if sturrock had his way we would of had simon church luckily he was pursuaded by byrne to go for cox
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 16:05:52 »

Also we got byrne to thank for signing simon cox as from i have hear if sturrock had his way we would of had simon church luckily he was pursuaded by byrne to go for cox

Eh?  Once more in English!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 16:10:28 »

Sturrock was advised by db to sign cox instead of church from reading. Sturrock initially wanted church
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 16:13:54 »

Sturrock was advised by db to sign cox instead of church from reading. Sturrock initially wanted church

Cheesy:D:D
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 16:18:56 »

Bitch you know i am dyrlixic
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 17:34:48 »

Byrne always claps the fans, so he is alright by me Smiley
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 17:42:58 »

Byrne was brought to the club by Sturrock to oversee youth development. He decided against going back to Plymouth with him when the others jumped ship.  At least he has shown a bit of loyalty.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 17:48:12 »

I remember speaking to him at the pre season game against Salisbury. He was really excited about a youngster he'd got on trial who would make the club millions. Apparently Malpas offered the kid a derisory wage so he fucked off to Newcastle instead. The youngster was Nile (The Loan) Ranger.

Hi Ho Silver, Away!!!!

Who's Nile Ranger?  Has anyone mentioned this before?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 18:12:08 »

I'm happy with Byrne staying, especially with Wilson's approval, he's done nothing in my eyes to warrant being kicked out. I have no idea how good he is on the training pitch though, who really does here?
Spencer_White

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 19:02:42 »

Give the man a chance!

Wilson seems happy with him.

He clearly wants to be here, and he clearly wants to win.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 19:09:38 »

I don't understand why anyone would want him to go? He hasn't exactly done anything wrong since Wilson took over has he? The big difference is that I think Wilson takes more of a front seat in training etc than Malpas did so Byrne is handy as number 2. He can fire players up and he has passion. Leave the tactics side to DW. Nice little combo.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 8, 2009, 07:37:21 »

I like Byrne, he always seems just as happy as we are when we win and he looks gloomy as fuck when we lose. A very passionate man who has brought some decent players to the club and from what I've heard is a pretty decent coach, wants to play the game the right way. Don't really rate him as a manager but as an assistant to Wilson I think he's alright. No reason to get rid.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: