Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Todays Adver  (Read 2850 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 10:32:48 »

intersting reading
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 10:32:51 »

"King revealed he has spoken to Thorpe, pictured, although nothing more than that at this stage."
[sarcasm] Well thats a done deal then... [/sarcasm]

The article doesn't suggest we've even approached Cureton

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 10:37:13 »

It's a poor story I say.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 10:42:55 »

It is Jan, yes.

Either could possibly be a good squad player, but form of late has been poor.

I'd rather see King take another gamble on a younger player, one who may have market value in the future if he does well.

Experience is good, but up front pleyers can get away with a lack of it more.  If he is going to look at whiley old pros then a defender and/or midfielder should be higher on his list.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 10:46:51 »

We need to sort the Smith situation out asap.  If he goes then yes we need an experienced pro in the centre of the field.  If he stays then I'd say go for the old pro striker.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 11:31:47 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
I'd rather see King take another gamble on a younger player, one who may have market value in the future if he does well.

Do you think it's possible that King's scouting reputation now goes before him? By that I mean is it possible that a bigger club would now re-assess a younger player that had been scouted by King and possibly see more future potential than they had originally seen in him? It would certainly make things more difficult in the future..

Dazzza

« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 11:36:13 »

Bit pie in the sky and I can't see the board coughing up for eithers wage demands.

I bet King has a chat with most out of contract players but nowt ever comes of it.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 11:39:07 »

Quote from: "BrightonRed"
Quote from: "Kinky Tom"

Do you think it's possible that King's scouting reputation now goes before him? By that I mean is it possible that a bigger club would now re-assess a younger player that had been scouted by King and possibly see more future potential than they had originally seen in him? It would certainly make things more difficult in the future..

Interesting thought, I wouldn't have thought the Premiership managers would take too much notice, they'll have a good idea of any players they have on their books that will be able to come into their first team straight away.  

The players we shall be after will be more likely to need a few years experience of first team football at our level, before being able to make the step back up the leagues.
red macca

« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 12:06:13 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Bit pie in the sky and I can't see the board coughing up for eithers wage demands.

I bet King has a chat with most out of contract players but nowt ever comes of it.
i think we could get them why not,igoe evans,parkins wages will release some cash and i dont think qpr are big payers they are skint aswell
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 15:01:05 »

Weren't we linked with Thorpe and Cureton a couple of seasons ago?
Dazzza

« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 15:58:53 »

Cureton was one that I remember but was never concrete just pure speculation.

They will both be on a decent wage at QPR and at their age will be looking for at least a two year deal.  Both of which we can't offer and I'm sure plenty of other clubs even in league two can.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 16:26:19 »

Oh oh oh we are signing some big players, better run to the CG  now and get my season ticket and get my mates to as well, we should watch these players next season!!it will be great

no?

Another story to increase interest in season tickets?
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2005, 11:08:34 »

King had let slip that former Queens Park Rangers duo Jamie Cureton and Tony Thorpe were possible targets.

However, it looks highly unlikely that either man will be signing for Town.

King added: “I can’t afford them. There’s nothing more to say.”

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: