Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Drogba  (Read 9496 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 21:53:47 »

Haha is that all.

I thought it was more than that. Looked like he touched him but it was just a touch and nothing physical. But he got right in his face, was very aggressive and I'd be very surprised if all he said was "Excuse me mr ref sir, but I believe you may have made an error with that decision". More likely he said "You ****** idiot. why the **** didn't you ******* give us a ******* penalty you ******* ****. I can't believe what a ******* **** ****** ****** ***** ******* ****** you are".
Rich Pullen

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 21:54:21 »

Fine will be nothing though, they'll probably ban him.

Brace yourself for weeks of moaning followed by debates of "who is better - Messi or Ronaldo?"

ZZzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ
DMR

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 21:55:34 »

I think it was quality. The ref was an absolute spastic, its not often I side with Chelsea but Drogba should've just stuck one on him.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 21:56:04 »

Too be honest, regarding the penalties that werent given, its odd to have so many not go your way, but you could give a good argument against all of them. Even the "blatant handballs" could be argued that they were not deliberate. General rule of themb is if the players back is to the ball it cant be deliberate hand ball, and Pique's one, I think he had his arm out before the ball was kicked towards him. The one that Chelski got a free kick on the edge of the box was correct, initial foul was outside the box, and the other two shouts could also go either way. Drogba reputation for going down easier than a cheap hooker probably didnt help matters.

At the end of the Day, I can understand why Chelski are so angry, I would be if so many decisions went against my team, but if they went the other way, the defending team would be right to be pissed off.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Rich Pullen

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 21:57:57 »

Haha is that all.

Yes. Sure, it was a tad aggressive but it was mostly out of desperation.

It amused me merely because he got booked, prior to the goal he tried so hard to avoid suspension for the final - so hard in fact he failed to close down Iniesta for their goal. Que Sara, sara...
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 21:58:25 »

Fact is no matter how poor the ref was and how bad his decisions were at the end of the day the Chelsea players are just trying to find an excuse for losing the tie on the night. They couldn't even hold on against 10 men yet they blame the ref? It's a total joke if you ask me. They should stop crying and admit defeat. Hardly professional.

I detest Chelsea like most but to say they were making excuses for losing the tie would be foolish, if that was a Swindon game would you just go away thinking oh well the ref made mistakes but we should have still done better.  End of the day 2 clear cut penalties and 2 other strong appeals, I would feel agrieved (sp) in there situation.  I felt sorry for Chelsea tonight, a weird feeling for sure.
flammableBen

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 21:58:56 »

and Pique's one, I think he had his arm out before the ball was kicked towards him

I haven't seen it, but isn't it the responsibility of the defending player to keep his arms out the way in such situations?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:00:53 »

Who gives a fuck?

It's All Good..............
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:01:53 »

Too be honest, regarding the penalties that werent given, its odd to have so many not go your way, but you could give a good argument against all of them. Even the "blatant handballs" could be argued that they were not deliberate. General rule of themb is if the players back is to the ball it cant be deliberate hand ball, and Pique's one, I think he had his arm out before the ball was kicked towards him. The one that Chelski got a free kick on the edge of the box was correct, initial foul was outside the box, and the other two shouts could also go either way. Drogba reputation for going down easier than a cheap hooker probably didnt help matters.

At the end of the Day, I can understand why Chelski are so angry, I would be if so many decisions went against my team, but if they went the other way, the defending team would be right to be pissed off.

You cannot seriously argue against Pique's handball that was the most blatant ever it stopped Anelka getting through on goal, could of been another red.  Also the tackle on Drogba by Abidal I think? was definately a penalty you blatantly see his left leg hit Drogba's right which takes him down.
flammableBen

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:02:45 »

Who gives a fuck?

I'm upset I missed it because it sounds exciting. You don't have to read the thread.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:09:55 »

I haven't seen it, but isn't it the responsibility of the defending player to keep his arms out the way in such situations?
It shouldn't be. The rule is he has to deliberately handle the ball, otherwise its not a penalty
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:10:47 »

Dick Turpin is alive and living in West London. No No No
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:54:08 by 4D » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:12:00 »

It shouldn't be. The rule is he has to deliberately handle the ball, otherwise its not a penalty

Yeah but my keeping your arms waving about then it can be deliberate even if it's before the balls kicked?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:16:17 »

Did you see it though? if that was not deliberate I don't know what was? Anelka nudges it past him and he uses his hand to stop it and then clear it.  I hate Chelsea as much as the next man but take your blinkers off everyone that was 100% a penalty!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 22:17:50 »

I can see why Chelsea players were aggrieved to be honest. I am sure those in charge have the final they wanted  Yes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: