Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78287 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 17:31:09 »

Reading are reaping the rewards of the Madejski-led revolution in their off the field activities during the mid 1990s.  Everything, including the quality of their scouting network, flows from that.

We've just got to hope that, ultimately, Andrew Fitton gets us to the same place - just without the soulless out of town stadium on a pub-free retail park.

I still think we need to see what happens when Madjeski pulls out. I very much they will get as good a manager as Coppell again. This play off could be their cross roads.

To be fair to the Wigan fan, even at silly money like £3.5m I still think Cox would turn out alright for them. He's English, he's confident, he works dead hard. He's very much a southerner though, that could come into it with Coxy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 17:33:03 »

Reading are reaping the rewards of the Madejski-led revolution in their off the field activities during the mid 1990s.  Everything, including the quality of their scouting network, flows from that.

We've just got to hope that, ultimately, Andrew Fitton gets us to the same place - just without the soulless out of town stadium on a pub-free retail park.

Much of the credit for Reading's success lies with Nicky Hammond..bizarre but true.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 18:30:15 »

Why's it bizarre? Football ability and football business sense doesn't go hand-in-hand Smiley
Dazzza

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 18:33:20 »

Is the sell on fee as much as 40%? 

If I can remember there was some negotiation that held the transfer up from Reading because the sell on fee was deemed to high.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:27:42 »

Is the sell on fee as much as 40%? 

If I can remember there was some negotiation that held the transfer up from Reading because the sell on fee was deemed to high.

Never seen it officially mentioned as being 40%, but I did hear Hammond call it something on the lines of "substantial" when interviewed on talk sport.
dell boy

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:39:10 »

It is 30%
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:49:08 »

40% according to ed hadwin and phil king during the rovers game they mentioned it whether they have inside info i dont know
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:52:30 »

Ed Hadwin spoke about it being 40% on the pre match amble last week, might just be reporters talk or he may have been told by someone at the club, I dont know.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:54:03 »

I heard it was 40% cant remember who said it, it might have been ed hadwin. I cant remember.
Dazzza

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 19:59:56 »

Christ, makes you wonder what it was before that figure then.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 20:05:39 »

Christ, makes you wonder what it was before that figure then.

I don't think it was the sell on % directly that slowed the deal. Something to do with an (extra) fee owed to Reading if he is sold due to him being a loan player before becoming permanent. Something the Football League would never sanction but is common practice in the Prem.

At least, that's how I remember it.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 20:16:25 »

It is 40 percent. In a ideal world we would do a player swap. Obviously never happen
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 07:50:11 »

I was told earlier by a wolves fan that they are having a butchers at him.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 08:35:05 »

Well let me join this rumour fest. Big rumblings from our resident Geordies about Cox to the Toon for £2m. If it is true then at least he'll have a season or so of Championship football before he moves up.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 12:31:36 »

Perhaps it would work out for us to do a player plus cash deal
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: