Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 13 Players Released  (Read 24499 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 21:31:12 »

that was the free flowing sexy football goal wasnt it?

It may well have been. We definatley scored a sexy goal against peterbough because it was quite early on and i remember thinking we were in for a good performance. We then played shite for the rest of the game

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 21:33:04 »

...but...he hasnt and he wont.

we know that - we either put up with that or get rid.

if we can get the best out of him he is good enough for this level.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 21:36:45 »

When was his last consistent good run at this level? 04/05?

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 21:39:25 »

last season...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 21:58:22 »

Dissapointed for Allen and Corr but most of that was to be expected, only Jack Smith and perhaps Vincent are suprising. Kanyuka getting a deal is a suprise, we seem to have a lot of centre backs as somebody else mentioned, so perhaps he'll get another go at destroying things in midfield.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 22:33:30 »

No surprise, but hope Blair Sturrock is fit enough for the BSP play-off final, looks like he will be a Torquay player next season.  A future Swindon Town manager?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 23:12:43 »

Good luck to Blair..........i have nothing but praise for him.

Forget Cox at P'boro i remember him coming off the bench to get the equaliser there as we jumped back out of league 2.

Clems Army!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 07:04:17 »

kanyuka was a sensation at millwall, hard in the tackle and simple distribution, i think wilson is thinking of playing 3  at the back with kanyuka just in front.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 07:10:28 »

kanyuka was a sensation at millwall, hard in the tackle and simple distribution, i think wilson is thinking of playing 3  at the back with kanyuka just in front.

Thats not a bad shout, Kanyuka can be a very good player, I think people forget that he's still a young lad at 21 and can grow.

He actually has a good touch and pass, its just his movement wasnt good in midfield, but thats because he's a defender, get a good pre-season inside him and I think (hope) he'll do the business next year.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 07:41:44 »

Shame about Corr thought me may get pre-season to prove himself, although I think his wages may have come into consideration, thought Vincent may have been offered a deal as I think he has played nearly every game under Wilson...hey ho onwards and upwards
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 07:45:37 »

Thats not a bad shout, Kanyuka can be a very good player, I think people forget that he's still a young lad at 21 and can grow.

My opinion is based on both his injury record and the performances I've seen. I didn't see him in his firs tgame (was it Luton?) nor Millwall. When I have seen him play he looks to be a bit clueless regardless of which position he plays in!

Still it's only a short term deal, he is young like you say and he may not even accept yet.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 07:47:53 »

Shame about Corr thought me may get pre-season to prove himself, although I think his wages may have come into consideration, thought Vincent may have been offered a deal as I think he has played nearly every game under Wilson...hey ho onwards and upwards

Don't understand all the sympathy for Corr we have given the guy 3 seasons and hes made something like 17 starts in that time, we cant keep wasting wages on someone who someday may be fit and may turn into a good player.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 07:49:56 »

Corr is the correct decision, but you have to feel sorry for him really. He didn't want to be injured. I guess I have sympathy for all of them, they're jobless now. But from a football point of view it had to be done.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 08:05:40 »

Corr is the correct decision, but you have to feel sorry for him really. He didn't want to be injured. I guess I have sympathy for all of them, they're jobless now. But from a football point of view it had to be done.

Fully agreed.

Great when he was playing but that was only 1/3 of the time maximum, so if you worked out wages/appearance he was probably on not worth keeping.

In 115 games while he was at the club he started only 19 of those and 21 as sub.

If he gets fit I would welcome him back at the club in the future but I think his bones are made of balsa wood!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fatbury

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 08:28:47 »

I feel for some of the released ....

Brez I think is the best of our keepers .. he deserves a contract more than Smith .... Vincent has been one of our best defenders .. Jack Smith has been a good player for us over more than just this year - and of course you know how much I rate Pook

Keeping Easton ... well I think THAT is the worst of the decisions ... he has been injury prone and totally lost form
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: