Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 13 Players Released  (Read 24553 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 16:21:20 »

How did we terminate the three Amigos and did it cost much?  Could it potentially be possible for us to terminate the likes of Aljofree etc to free up some space as he must be on a fairly decent wage...

As far as I know they're still alive and playing football.

I doubt Fitton would agree to pay off an entire contract in order to get another player in on similar wages.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 16:25:01 »

As far as I know they're still alive and playing football.

I thought we hired an Albanian hit man.  They're very reasonable.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 16:28:04 »

Great News!

Clear em out!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 16:45:35 »

Glad to see Easton offered terms - Wilson obviously sees him for the player he really is (not the injury-plagued, out-of-form shadow we've seen this season). A little suprised by Jack Smith leaving, but I'm more than confident that Wilson has identified a better replacement.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 16:54:23 »

I'm oddly elated that Easton has been offered a deal.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 17:00:16 »

Im especially pleased for Phil Smith,it strikes me that he appreciates being a footballer even if he ends up as number 2 he'll keep working hard. 

/
W56196272
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 17:02:12 »

Glad Easton has been offered a deal. He lost his way under Malpas and then got injured and didn't really have a lot of time to impress. Dissapointed about Smith and Vincent though. I'd have kept those 2 but not the rest.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 17:04:30 »

Im especially pleased for Phil Smith,it strikes me that he appreciates being a footballer even if he ends up as number 2 he'll keep working hard. 

I concur...think he'll be a lot better for his travails this season. He's now a prime age for a keeper...would he be our second longest serving player now after Jerel?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 17:05:38 »

I concur...think he'll be a lot better for his travails this season. He's now a prime age for a keeper...would he be our second longest serving player now after Jerel?

Nope. Peacock.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 17:06:27 »

Nope. Peacock.

Good shout... 3rd then?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 17:39:15 »

That list is mostly what I expected.

I think we can all take an educated guess that Jamie Vincent has not been released for footballing reasons and we need a decent experienced left back to fill in. We have to replace very close to like for like. I'm thinking someone in their late 20s who has at some point played in the 2nd tier.

Jack Smith I thought was worth keeping as a back up, even more so without Vincent.

Really fucking chuffed for Phil Smith - he has come and been pretty damn good since the Leeds game. He made some fuck up but his return to the side contributed to our up turn in form but his contribution was and always will be over looked

Easton - I was un decided. I guess Wilson has seen enough of him in training to know he's capable of alot more. Surprised he wanted to keep him after picking Kanyuka ahead of him for Rovers.

Other than that meh....

I expect Wilson wants rid of some of the other lot to.

Also, heres a question for you lot. Is Michael Pook the worst Swindon player of all time to make over 100 appearances?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 17:46:04 »

so whats the news on Macklin, charlotte you were probably snogging him at the weekend did you hear anything?

You cheeky git!!!

As if a boy that young would look at an old lady like me! Wink

Ha Ha Pook finally released after all these years of suckling on the STFC teet!! 
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 18:42:44 »

How can we manage to convince other clubs to make offers for Peacock, Casal and Ifil? None of those three should be near the first team IMO.

Extremely surprised that Kanyuka got offered a new deal, even short term. Pleased for Phil Smith, and I hope Easton stays and rediscovers the form of 07/08.

As for the released mob, surprised Vincent wasn't kept on (but obviously the weekends events may have contributed to his release). Not entirely surprised the rest have been shown the door. And I've always thought Jack Smith was shit, FWIW.....

And to answer DV's question, no. How could you forget Matt Hewlett?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 18:48:45 »

I can see why he kept Kanyuka as he has shown promise in the midfield role, particularly at Leicester. It's probably only a six monther to see if he can get and stay fit, nothing to lose, and he might not even accept!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 18:49:57 »

Dissapointed Joyce has gone...wasnt given a chance,think hes a good finisher and wouldnt have cost us alot to keep,glad Smiths gone cos he cost Coxy the golden boot by nicking his pens..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: